Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 16

Walking back into the bar they walked to the table where everyone was waiting.

"Guys I have to Noelle home." Brian said. "Her parents are starting to worry."

Everyone nodded in understanding.

"See you tomorrow Ellie." Julia said getting up to hug her.

"See you Jules." Noelle said hugging her friend.

"Wish you didn't have to go." Jimmy said giving her a big hug.

"Me too Jimmy." She said.

"It was nice meeting you." Valary said giving her a hug.

"And nice making a new friend." Michelle said hugging her as well.

Noelle smiled as the others got up to give her hugs.

"Try to come more often." Matt said giving her a deep dimpled smile.

"I think that's possible with Brian and Jimmy there to kidnap me." She said with a smile.

"Not kidnap rescue!" Jimmy yelled. "I'm the knight and I shall rescue the princess from the dragon!"

Everyone laughed.

Brian lead Noelle out to his bike handing her the helmet. She put the helmet on getting behind him and wrapping her arms around his waist. After starting the bike he drove away from the bar.

Noelle settled her chin on his shoulder. Looking at the blurred scenery. Her eyelids became heavy she eventually fell asleep on Brians shoulder.

"Noelle wake up you're home." Brian said softly shaking her gently.

Noelles slowly fluttered open. She looked to see Brian looking over his shoulder at him. She looked to her left seeing her house.

"Here already?" She asked yawning.

"Yes we are." He said getting up taking off his helmet.

She stood up he took her helmet off. Rubbing her eyes she glanced at her house.

"I'm not looking forward to going inside." She said.

"You'll be fine." He said with a smile.

Leading the way he walked her to the door. Noelle turned to face him.

"Thank you for today Brian." She said.

"You mean you actually liked that I kidnapped you?" He asked playfully.

She laughed. "Yes I'm saying I did."

He smirked then he turned serious. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Probably going to church then prepare for school." She said. "Why?"

"I was wondering if I could kidnap you again." He said with his famous smirk. "Maybe I could kidnap you from church."

"Please don't my parents are already gonna be on my ass."
She said. "I don't want the pastor on my ass as well."

He laughed. "Calm down sweet cheeks." "You never said how you felt about me kidnapping you again."

"I would like that but there's no way you could without my parents knowing." She said.

"I'll find a way." He said.

At that moment the door opened revealing Cynthia.

"Noelle thank God!" She said grabbing Noelle and hugging her.

"I'm find Cyndi." Noelle gasped out.

Cynthia may be skinny but she had a grip and strength.

"Yes you are now you have to explain to your parents." She said letting go of Noelle.

She eyed Brian. "You're Jimmys friend correct?"

"Yes I'm Brian." He said and to Noelles surprise he shook Cynthias hand.

"You caused quite a mess and stir today." She said.

"I'm sorry but Noelle needed to be free from all of this for a day." Brian said. "So I kidnapped her for the day."

Cynthia smiled. "It's alright by me I'm glad to see Noelle had fun but her parents are a different story."

"Maybe her parents need to back off and let Noelle have fun like an eighteen year old should be doing." He said.

Noelles eyes widen slightly. She looked at Cynthia who had the same expression.

Finally Cynthia smiled. "I think you may be just what Noelle needs."

Brian laughed at this. I'm the last thing she needs. He thought.

"Cynthia who's at the door?" Her mom asked from the family room.

"You better get inside." Cynthia said eyeing the hallway.

Noelle nodded. "See you later Brian and thanks again." She said handing him his jacket.

"Later." He said and to her surprise hugged her.

She didn't like the smell of cigarettes but on him along with his cologne it worked. He pulled away giving her a final smile before walking to his bike and riding off into the night.

Noelle walked in Cynthia gave her a sympathetic look as she entered the family room.

"Noelle!" Her mom said running forward and hugging her.

"I'm fine mom." She said hugging her mom back. "Where's dad?"

"He was out looking for you I just called him telling him about your call." Her mom said pulling away. "Did they hurt you?"

"No mom it was just some friends." Noelle said.

"What kind of friend is someone who rides in on a motorcycle and takes you from a party?" Her mom asked.

"He's a friend of a new friend of mine." She said.

"This new friend happen to be named Jimmy Sullivan?" Her mom asked.

Noelles eyes widen. "How did you know?"

"Eden told her mom about you and Julia hanging with him then her mom told me today." She said. "Says he's a troublemaker."

"He's a little eccentric but he's a good person." Noelle said coming to Jimmys defense.

"I don't want you around that kind of person." Her mom said.

"Mom I'm eighteen I'm old enough to make my own decisions and that includes who I want to hang around." She said.

"I'm just looking out for your well being he's not good for you to be friends with." She said.

"He's the best friend a person could ask for I've had more fun than I ever had since I've became friends with Jimmy." Noelle said.

"Noelle he's not in our circle." Her mom said.

"Our circle mom?" Noelle asked her voice rising. "Well our circle is nothing but a bunch of shallow pompous bitches!"

Her moms eyes widen. "Noelle you've never sweared before."

"I've cussed plenty of times just not in your hearing range." Noelle said walking to the stairs.

"Noelle we're not done talking about this and your new choice of friends." Her mom said following her.

Noelle turned. "We're done I'm gonna continue to be friends with Jimmy and his friends if you don't like it that's too bad."

With this said Noelle stormed inside her bedroom closing the door and collapsed on her bed.

She thought about what Brian had whispered in her ear when he hugged her. Give them hell he had said.

She smiled at this. She lifted her sleeve smelling Brian on her.

Julia's not gonna believe what I did she thought falling asleep.