Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 2

Noelle gathered her books from her locker. As she slammed her locker shut she hoped the day would go by smoothly.

"Hello Ellie." A high pitched voice said interrupting her thoughts.

The voice belonged to Noelles friend Julia. Julia was a short on the plumb side girl with a voice that you couldn't forget. Her hair was black and cut in a pixie cut.

"What's happening?" She asked excited.

"Nothing much same old same old." Noelle said bored.

Julia raised an eyebrow. "What's really up?" She asked crossing her arms. Sometimes Noelle thought Julia could read minds. Cause Julia could sense when someone was either lying or leaving details out.

"My mom is hosting her garden club meeting again." She said.

"Ooh...that sucks." Julia wrinkled her face she wasn't fond of garden club meetings either. Mainly cause her mom wouldn't allow her to eat much and spend the time degrading her along with her friends.

"What's worse Miss Sparks is bringing her son Andrew." Noelle groaned.

"For real she's bringing pickle face?" Julia asked. Noelle nodded and giggled a little. Pickle face was Julias nickname for Andrew cause his face always looked pinched like he tasted something sour.

"I feel bad for you." She said giving Noelle a pat on the back.

"Thanks." Noelle said. At that moment another one of their friends approached.

"Hi Noelle." Eden said." Julia cleared her throat. "And Julia." She said rolling her eyes.

Eden Sprouse was one of the wealthiest kids in the school even wealthier than Noelle. Her father owned most of the town. Eden was also the meanest. She constantly put others down who weren't in her social ranking. Treating them like the very ground she walked on.

It made Noelle sick. Eden was absolutely despicable. Noelle couldn't even remember how she became friends with Eden. Now she remembered. When Noelle had first at to Pinehurst High and everyone found out she was wealthy. Eden kinda latched onto her saying she would quote show her the people that are the right people.

In Edens world that meant people exactly like her. Vile, despicable, and arrogant. When people found out Eden was hanging out with the new girl. It blew Noelles chances of being friends with real people.

She was even mean to Julia. Saying to Noelle she couldn't understand how a chubby like Julia was rich and couldn't afford a personal trainer.

Noelle always defended her. Julia was her only real friend and the only real person in the sea of fakes.

"So do you have your notes for English 3?" Eden asked.

"I do." Julia piped in.

Eden gave her a look of disdain. "You sure you didn't eat them?" She asked with a sneer. Julia went red and on the verge if tears.

At that moment there was a loud yell. "Young man put that fire extinguisher down!"

Noelle turned to see a tall and lanky black haired kid running down the hallway with the extinguisher. Yelling at the top of his lungs.'

"But I need it there's a fire in my pants!" He yelled.

"Mr. Sullivan come back here with it or you get detention." The principal Mr. Smith said.

"Well fuck me then!" He said. The kid known as Sullivan ran down the hallway scaring kids.

He stopped where the girls were standing.

"Hello ladies." He said with a friendly smile.

"Get lost reject." Eden said.

Noelle didn't know what to say. The kid stuck his tongue out at Eden then took notice of Julia,

"Well here there." He said his smile widen. "And who would you be?"

Julia blushed and couldn't form words.

"This cubby bunny is named Julia." Eden said. "Now get lost!"

"Why don't you?" He said challengeing. "It'd be easy for you to get lost seeing how stick skinny you are no one would notice you."

Noelle eyes widen. Julia tried to cover her snickers. Eden stood open mouthed. The kid smiled.

At that moment Mr. Smith grabbed Sullivan by his shirt collar.

"Detention after school today." Mr Smith said.

"Like I give a fuck!" He yelled.

"Another detention." He said dragging the kid yelling down the halls. Before disappearing the kid turned and gave Julia another look.

"Who was that?" Noelle asked.

Eden gave a disgusted scoff. "Jimmy Sullivan." She said. "He's one of the biggest losers here."

"I've never seen him." Noelle said.

"Because I've done a good job of keeping you away from him." Eden said.

"He's kinda cute." Julia said still looking at the office door.

"Julia you can't be serious!" Eden said. She started ranting saying how Julia had a poor choice in boys as they walked to first period.

This is going to be an interesting day Noelle thought.

She had no idea how right she was