Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 20

Noelle had her chin on Brian's shoulder as they rode down the highway. Her mind was still reeling from the fact this guy who had a go to hell uncaring attitude had helped her overcome her fear of heights.

That wasn't all she was still thinking about the thrills and electric current that went through her body when Brian touched her.

Despite the fact it was simple innocent touches she couldn't stop thinking about it. Any other time she would've either slapped or get a guy in his pride and dignity if they put their hands on her like that. But for some reason she didn't mind Brian's hands on her.

She blushed thinking about the other more intimate meaning of that.

Noelle had admitted to herself a long time ago she thought Brian was attractive and though his personality sometimes came across as obnoxious she liked the whole bad boy don't give a shit attitude.

She wondered if he was attracted to her. She shook her head erasing this from her thoughts.

"No way he's attracted to me." Noelle thought. "He wants and is attracted to girls like Michelle."

She didn't blame him. Michelle was beautiful and though she was sweet she obviously had a wild side to her and looked like she knew how to make a man happy.

"I'm too sweet, innocent, inexperienced, and care too much what others think." She thought. "No way he wants someone like me."

She was brought out her thoughts by the bike slowing down and parking in a Wendy's.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked.

Noelle blushed as her stomach growled. "Guess I am."

He chuckled and lead her to the door opening it. "Order whatever you want I'm buying."

"Brian you don't have to do that I have my own money." She said.

"Yeah and I'm still buying so order." Brian said. "So what'll be?"

"You must not have eaten at Wendy's or any fast food restaurant before." He said laughing at her stuffing her mouth with fries.

"We don't really eat out and when we do it's always at our friends house or a fancy restaurant." Noelle said. "I've never even had fries and a burger till tonight."

"Jesus what the hell do y'all be eating?" Brian asked.

"Mainly meals that I can't even pronounce." She said. "Half the time it tastes like shit but I have to keep a straight face and pretend I'm enjoying it."

"Is there anything else you pretend to enjoy?" Brian asked.

"My mom makes me play the piano but I rather play the violin but mom says no one wants to hear screechy shrill music." Noelle said. "So I just go along with playing the piano."

"Sweet cheeks you need to stop pretending to like things to please others." He said. "It does no good plus in the process you're not happy."

Noelle looked down at her burger. "I'm afraid of...

"Stop giving a shit what others and that includes what your parents think." Brian said. "You're eighteen Noelle you're your own boss." "You should do what you want to do and do what makes you happy." "And if your parents aren't happy bout it then that's their problem but at least you'll be happy."

"Why do you care so much about what I do in my life?" She asked.

Brian scoffed. "Doing things to make others happy isn't a life that's being a fucking puppet and they're pulling your strings." "Break away from it Noelle and live your life without them holding you back."

Noelle sipped her coke. "What do you suggest I do then?"

"First I suggest saying fuck the rules." He said getting up and grabbing her.

"Where we going now?" She asked.

"You'll see where." Brian said starting the bike and riding out the parking lot.

After ten mintues Brian pulled into an empty parking lot. "What are we doing at a skating rink?" Noelke asked.

"Saying fuck the rules." Brian said taking a screwdriver out his boot and picking the lock.

"Brian we'll get in trouble if we break in plus I'm sure there's an alarm." She said.

"What'd I tell you bout worrying all the time?" He asked looking up.

"Stop worrying bout what will happen but...

"But you're still worrying and we're not here to worry." Brian said. "We're here to break the rules and say fuck it."

Noelke sighed. "Fine."

He grinned before picking the lock again till the door opened. "Come on." He said leading her in.

Noelle had to rely on Brian cause she couldn't see a thing finally they came to the rink where he lead her to the middle.

"Wait here." He said.

Noelle stood there except the light coming from the exit doors it was completely dark. She turned hearing a noise as mutiple colored lights then a big bright one came on. There was another noise then music started playing.

She looked seeing Brian skate towards her with a pair of skates.

"Ever skated before?" He asked.

"No." She said. "Never."

"Damn you've never had fun before have you?" He asked. "Well kick your shoes off and let's get moving."

"Brian what if I fall?" She asked.

She could see him smile through the multiple colored lights. "I'll lead you."

She looked at his smile again before kicking her shoes off she sat down lacing the skates up stumbling as Brian helped her up.

"Steady." He said before leading her out.

Noelle held on to Brian as they skated he chuckled as she grabbed his arms as she almost fell.

Eventually he held onto her hand only as they skated then he let go. Noelle gasped as she almost fell but regained her balance skating across and back to Brian who watched her with that smile.

He grabbed her hands as Everytime We Touch by Cascada started playing. Noelle gasped as he spun her it was like being on the dancefloor with skates.

As the song came close to the end they skated with her back against his chest. He spun her again till they were facing each other. Noelle noticed how close they were and their eyes never left each others. Instead of kissing her like she thought Brian lead her to the side of the rink.

"Brian not that I didn't enjoy today but why did you do this for me?" She asked.

He said nothing but lit a cigarette. "You needed to let loose and have a day of not caring." He said.

"Well thank you for it." Noelle said moving her ponytail.

"Just undo the damn thing." He said. "You've been messing with it all day it's starting to bug me."

"You're right it is annoying." Noelle said undoing her ponytail and running her hands through her hair.

Though she didn't care as much it still bothered her inhaling cigarette smoke so she layed down on the rink floor her hair spread out.

Brian glanced down at Noelle as the song changed to Crimson and Clover by Joan Jett.

Noelle opened her eyes noticing Brian looking at her. Their eyes locked for four minutes before he slowly leaned down.

Her breath caught in her throat but she didn't move. Instead she closed her eyes as Brian came closer. She could feel his nose brush against hers and his lips brush against hers.

She parted her lips slightly as Brian blew a puff of smoke into her mouth. Her eyes opened slightly looking into his.

Brian's lips were just inches from hers until...

He kissed her top lip. Noelle didn't respond at first so he took this as a sign to back off until she awakwardly kissed his bottom lip.

They gazed into each others eyes Brian seeing no sign or hint of her wanting him to stop kissed her again.

Noelle felt light headed as she and Brian kissed again and again. She sighed into his mouth as he cupped her cheek increasing their kisses.

Noelle's hand went to his hair feeling the soft spiky locks between her fingers. Eventually they pulled away gazing in the others eyes while Brian stroked her cheek while she twisted his hair around her fingers.

During this one thing occupied Noelle's mind...

"My first kiss."