Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 21

A smile slowly formed on Noelle's face as Brian sped down the highway to her house.

"I can't believe I had my first kiss." She thought. "And Brian gave me it."

Noelle couldn't believe this guy who she couldn't stand at first had given her one of the best days of her life along with her first kiss.

Normally she would've freaked by the fact she had kissed a guy she had only known for a week now especially since they weren't in a relationship.

"I guess the not caring attitude is really starting to rub on me." Noelle thought as she leaned her head against Brian's back.

Noelle was woken up by Brian gently shaking her awake. She opened her eyes finding them parked in front of her house.

As she looked Noelle's previous happy mood faded knowing her parents were waiting to tell her the consequences of her disobeying them.

"Why the long face sweet cheeks?" Brian asked as he helped her off the bike.

"Their gonna rip me apart for disobeying them." She said. "I know I said I didn't care but I do Brian."

"What do your parents take away from you when you're grounded?" He asked.

"I've never been grounded before so I don't know what they'll do." She said.

"It probably won't be that bad since it's your first time being grounded." Brian said.

"You don't know my parents." Noelle said

"I don't but I have a good idea what they're like." He said. "Even if they forbide you from leaving the house we'll find a way around it."

Noelle slowly smiled. "That's reassuring."

Brian chuckled and walked her to the front door. "Thanks again for today Brian." Noelle said.

He lit another cigarette. "Don't have to thank me you needed it."

"I feel like I owe you though." She said.

"You don't owe me shit and no giving me money." Brian said. "I did it all from the bottom of my nicotine infested heart."

Noelle laughed he joined her. "So um goodnight." She said.

He nodded and leaned in. Noelle gasped softly and closed her eyes as he gently kissed her.

"Goodnight." He said giving her a peck on the cheek before leaving.

Noelle watched as he got on his bike then sped away from her house. She touched her lips before ringing the doorbell.

She took a breath at the sound of footsteps and movement from inside. The door opened revealing Cynthia to Noelle's relief.

"Noelle thank goodness!" She said opening the door and pulling her inside hugging her. "We were so worried."

"No worried Cyndi I was with Brian." She said.

"Brian as in Jimmy's friend?" She asked.

She nodded. "I was with him the entire time."

"You can tell me later right now your parents are furious." She said.

"I know where are they?" Noelle asked.

"They're going on a business trip for two weeks so they went to bed early." Cynthia said. "They' said you're not allowed to leave this house except to go to school and run errands." "They'll tell you the rest of your punishment tomorrow."

Noelle sighed. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

Cynthia gave her another hug and a sympathetic smile. "Maybe it won't be so bad."

"I doubt it but I'm hopeful it won't be." Noelle said. "Night Cyndi."

"Night Noelle." She said.

Noelle showered and put on a tank top with pajama bodies. "Not allowed to leave the house this is gonna suck." Noelle says brushing her hair before getting in bed.

She was woken up by tapping noise at her window. Noelle opened her eyes and glanced. Another rock hit her window. She got up rubbing her eyes they widen at the rock thrower.

"Brian what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Need a place to crash at." He said.

"Why my place?" Noelle asked. "Why not Jimmy's or the others?"

"Jimmy's sleeping at the laundry mat tonight and the others are too far away." Brian said.

"My parents could hear you." She said.

"I'll be extra quiet I promise." He said with a smirk.

Noelle sighed. "Come on up."

Brian climbed the wall in no time he was in Noelle's room. He looked around.

"Nice room." He commented then smirked. "Nice sleepwear."

Noelle blushed before walking to her closet where there were spare pillows and blankets.

"You okay with sleeping on the floor?" She asked.

"Floor's fine." He said taking off his boots and jacket. "So what's the verdict?"

"I'm not allowed to leave the house except to go to school and errands they'll tell me the rest tomorrow." She said.

"Are you gonna obey that?" He asked.

"Still haven't decided yet but they also leave for a two week business trip." She said.

Brian grinned. "Easier to break the rules."

"I don't know if I want to do it any further Brian." Noelle said.

Brian sighed. "You've already done it so whats the point in stopping?"

"I just don't want...

"What do you want Noelle?" He asked. "I mean what do you want in general?"

Noelle stared into his identical brown eyes. "I don't know."

"You have to figure it out or else you'll be lost your whole life." Brian said taking his place by the side of her bed.

Noelle got back in bed staring at the ceiling. "Brian?"

"Hmm?" He said.

"Tonight you kissed me." Noelle said.

"I did." He said with a smile in his voice. "And you kissed me back."

"I did." Noelle said.

"What about it?" He asked. "You didn't enjoy it?"

"It's not that I was just wondering what does it mean?" She asked.

Brian was silent. "Depends what do you want it to mean?"

"I'm not sure but I don't just wanna be some girl you use during your stay here." She said.

"I would never use you." Brian said. "You're different from the others."

"How am I?" She asked.

"You're just yourself even though it bugs the hell out of me sometimes." He said. "But that's what I like about you."

Noelle froze. "You like me?"

"Thought I showed you how much tonight." He said. "And you showed me too."

Noelle was back to a previous question. "So what are we friends or more than that?"

"Do you want it to be more?" Brian asked.

"I'm still reeling from everything can I think about it?" She asked.

"Sure." He said yawning. "Goodnight Noelle."

"Goodnight Brian." She said turning the lamp off.