Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 22

"Wake up Noelle." Cynthia said pulling back the curtains. "It's time for school."

Noelle's face twisted as the sun shown in her face. As she starting waking up she sat up remembering Brian.

She looked over the side to find him gone. The pillow and blankets from the night before were folded and back in her closet. There was no sign he had been there not even dirt from his boots.

"Noelle did you hear me?" Cynthia asked coming back in. "Why are you staring at the floor?"

"Nothing thought I saw something." She said getting up and going to the shower.

"Did they say anything yet?" Noelle asked as Cynthia did her hair.

"No they're waiting for you to come down." She said. "All they told me to do is to keep a close watch on you and make sure you abide by their rules."

Noelle sighed. "These two weeks are gonna suck Cyndi."

"Don't say that you know I'll let you have some freedom while they're gone." She said then smiled. "Especially since that Jimmy sees you as a sister he'll help you around the rules."

Noelle smiled. "He's not the only one Brian will too."

"Speaking of him was he here last night?" Cynthia asked.

Noelle froze. "How did you know?"

"Noelle my room is only a couple of doors away and I'm a light sleeper." She said.

"Do my parents know he was here?" Noelle asked.

"I don't know but I think they don't." Cynthia said. "They didn't say anything about hearing voices so I guess not."

"That's a relief." Noelle said getting up. "I don't need more trouble."

"Speaking of trouble what's going on with you and Brian?" Cynthia asked.

"I really don't know." Noelle said. "I'm still trying to figure it out."

"After you refused to go with your parents where'd he take you?" She asked.

"To a bar which is where we went when he crashed the garden club meeting then he took me to Willow Creek where he helped me overcome my fear of heights." She said.

"How did he do that?" Cynthia asked.

"We climbed on side of the bridge and walked across to the end." She said.

"Noelle you've could've fallen into the river and drowned." Cynthia said.

"I know but I didn't and Brian was holding me the entire time." She said. "Then he took me out to eat, then we went to a skating rink we skated some then...

"What?" Cynthia asked knowing what happened next.

"He kissed me." Noelle said. "It was a simple kiss then I kissed him back." "After that he drove me home where he kissed me again."

Cynthia stood there with a slight smile. "Noelle how do you feel about all this and Brian?"

"I don't know I mean he's kinda obnoxious sometimes but he's attractive and I've seen another side of him but I don't know what we have or if we even have anything." Noelle said.

"Did you tell him that?" She asked.

"I asked him what does it mean he asked me what did I want it to mean." Noelle said. "He always directed the question back to me."

"Maybe it's cause he wants to know what you want." Cynthia said. "You're unsure about what you want."

"I'm still confused about how I feel about him." She said.

"Do you like him?" Cynthia asked.

"I do despite the fact sometimes he's a little cocky and too laid back about things." Noelle said. "Last night he told me that he liked me."

"You like him more than a friend?" She asked.

"We weren't even acquaintances till a coupld of days ago now I'm not sure." Noelle said.

"Noelle we're about to leave please come down." Her mom said.

Noelle sighed and got up grabbing her bag. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Ellie." Cynthia said.

"I hope I do soon." She said walking out her room.

Noelle walked slowly down the stairs finding her parents at the door with their bags.

"Morning mom and dad." She said.

"Morning Noelle." They said in unison.

"As you know Noelle you disobeyed us yesterday by not coming home with us and refusing to stop hanging with Jimmy Sullivan." Mrs. Dominguez said.

"I know." She said.

"It can not go unpunished so you're grounded for the two weeks that we're gone." Mr. Dominguez said. "You're also not allowed to go anywhere except for errands and school you're FB account has been locked also."

"Anything else?" Noelle asked.

"That's all we really hate to do this Noelle but it must be done." Her mother said.

"I understand." She said.

"Good we'll see you in a couple of weeks remember to obey Cynthia too." Mrs. Dominguez said hugging her.

"We do mom have a good trip." She said.

"Bye honey." Her dad said as they backed out the driveway and waved before driving away.

Noelle sighed as she walked up school. "Two weeks of being stuck in my house with no communication to the outside world."

Noelle was brought out her thoughts by a horn beeping. She turned as the window of a car rolled down.

"Hey Ellie." Julia said pulling her sunglasses off.

"Hey Jules and Jimmy." She said with a smile. "Julia why are you dressed in that?"

Julia looked down at her blouse and knee length skirt. "Well my school clothes wouldn't be appropriate."

"Appropriate for what?" Noelle asked.

Jimmy grinned. "For playing hooky."

"You're playing hooky Jules?" Noelle asked. "What about your parents?"

"It's only for one day and it's not you're it's we're." Julia said.

"Guys I can't I'm grounded for two weeks." She said. "I don't need to get in any more trouble."

"Come on." Jimmy said giving her the pleading eyes. "You went against your folks yesterday and you didn't care." "Since you're grounded it should give you more motivation to go against them."

"Where exactly are y'all going?" Noelle asked.

"Meeting the others somewhere." Julia said then smiled. "Brian will be there too."

Noelle's eyes widen as they both gave her smiles as if saying they knew about last night.

Noelle sighed before returning their smiles and getting into the backseat.

"Victory!" Jimmy yelled making them both laugh as he drove away.