Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 23

Noelle clutched the seat as Jimmy sped down the road going either ten or twenty times over the speed limit.

"Jimmy don't you think you should slow down?" Noelle asked.

Jimmy laughed. "What's the fun in driving slow?" He asked. "Besides I'm rescuing from the danger known as school if we were on my noble steed going through the woods we wouldn't be going slow."

Noelle shook her head and laughed. "Jimmy you're a card."

"Thanks for the compliment my lady." He said in an accent making both laugh.

Noelle sat back looking at the window at the passing scenery.

"I can't believe I'm skipping school." She thought.

If her parents got word of it she would most likely be grounded for a month. Then again since this was a one time thing and her first absence the school wouldn't be calling her home wondering where she was.

This made her feel a little better. She glanced and smiled at Jimmy's and Julia's interlacing fingers.

"Julia seems so happy with Jimmy." Noelle thought. "He really does care about her and doesn't care about her weight."

As she thought about their relationship her thoughts drifted to her relationship with Brian.

Did they even have a relationship or was this just some brief period of excitement for him?

"Whatcha thinking of Noelle?" Jimmy asked looking at her in the rearview mirror.

"Nothing." She said.

Jimmy turned facing her. "You're thinking of something you can't fool me."

"Jimmy watch the...

Jimmy drove right through a stop sign luckily there were no other cars on the road.

He grinned and turned back around. "There's nothing to fear the Rev is here!" Jimmy said making them laugh.

"Where did that come from?" Julia asked.

"It's just a name I gave myself growing up." Jimmy said. "All the guys have names too."

The girls nodded. "Anyway what were you thinking of Noelle?" Jimmy asked again. "Thinking of Brian?"

Noelle gave up she couldn't seem to hide her thoughts from Jimmy. He was too good at reading people and would continue asking her till she told him.

"Yes I am." She admitted. "Just thinking bout whatever it is we have or if we have anything at all."

Jimmy reached back and squeezed her knee. "I guarantee you Noelle you mean more to Brian than what you think."

"How do you know what I think?" She asked.

"I just do." Jimmy said. "You think he only wants you for sex and that's it but that's not true."

"Then what does he want?" Noelle asked. "He doesn't really give any indication of what he wants."

"Brian's not good at the whole telling someone how he feels thing." Jimmy said. "He's not really into the whole mushy shit but I can tell and know he really likes you and doesn't want you as just some fling while he's in town."

"That's another thing I don't know how long he's gonna be here so why would he want a relationship?" She asked.

"Cause he wants something to come back to and have a reason to come back here." Jimmy said. "Noelle he never does that unless that person really means something to him."

"I mean something to him?" Noelle whispered.

"Why else would he kiss you?" Jimmy asked giving her a smirk which made her blush.

Jimmy drove for ten more minutes till they got to Willow Creek. He killed the engine and got out grabbing both their hands and walking to a spot where they heard laughter.

Noelle looked to see the others either in the creek or sitting in chairs.

"Jimmy why are we here?" Julia asked then blushed as he started to take off his pants.

"Just here to hang out and have fun." He said then took off his shirt leaving him in his boxers.

Julia's blush got bigger as her eyes roamed Jimmy's lean, long torso eyeing his tattoos before averting her gaze to the ground.

"Come you two strip!" Jimmy yelled with a grin.

"Jimmy we don't have bathing suits." Julia said.

"That's okay you can swim in your bra and panties." He said.

Julia blushed and wrapped her arms around herself. "Jimmy...

"Stop it Julia you're beautiful." He said unwrapping her arms from around her. "It doesn't matter that you have a little pudge you're still beautiful to me."

"Besides look at Zacky." Jimmy said pointing. "His ass has moobs."

The girls laughed as Jimmy made flopping noises as Zacky moved.

"No ones gonna laugh at you or stare Julia I promise." Jimmy said taking her hands. "Don't hide yourself from me."

Julia still looked unsure but finally hesitantly took off her shoes then her blouse and skirt. She stood there blushing as Jimmy's eyes roamed her body.

"Proof that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes." He said then smiled taking her hand.

Jimmy and Julia ran to the creek jumping in together. They popped up Julia laughing as Jimmy squirted water at her.

"Come on Ellie!" Julia yelled.

"No thanks I'll just sit here." Noelle said.

"Like hell you're just sitting." A familiar voice said.

Noelle turned and her eyes widen to see Brian standing there wearing nothing but some swimming trunks.

"You're not just sitting Noelle." He said. "We're gonna conquer your fear of water."