Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 24

"What?" Noelle asked Brian.

"You heard me sweet cheeks today you're gonna conquer your fear of water and learn how to swim." Brian said.

Noelle looked at him then looked at the water. "I'm not sure Brian."

"You're never sure." He said. "What are you sure about Noelle?"

She looked into his intense stare and weakened slightly. "I'm really unsure about alot Brian that includes you."

He stepped forward. "So you don't trust me?"

"I didn't say that." Noelle said.

"But you're unsure about me which means you're not certain about me at all." Brian said. "I can't help you without you're trust."

"Remember yesterday when I helped you with your fear of heights?" He asked.

"Of course." She said looking at the bridge. "I was scared and unsure then."

"You weren't after you put faith not only in me but yourself." He said. "Even though you knew the danger you didn't think about it when you had confidence in me and yourself."

Noelle looked at the river again. "I'm scared."

"It's okay to be that's why I'm gonna help you." He said. "Noelle I promise you you're not gonna drown cause I'll hold you the entire time and won't let go unless you tell me too." "Plus the others are here they won't let nothing happen to you either."

Noelle looked at everyone playing and swimming in the water.

"Do you trust them Noelle." He said lifting her chin. "Do you trust me?"

Her chocolate browns met his. His browns were intense and penetrating unlike Noelle's warm and welcoming ones. Though his eyes were intense they had warmth and care in them like they had when they walked across the bridge together.

When he had thought her how to skate and when he had kissed her for the first time.

"I trust them." She said. "I trust you."

He smiled. "Can't swim with clothes on."

This made Noelle blush at the thought of Brian seeing her in her undergarments.

He chuckled. "Don't worry Noelle I won't try anything I promise."

She sighed before kicking off her shoes and hesitantly unbuttoning her shirt. Brian watched her the entire time with a hint of that smirk.

"I feel like I'm putting on a striptease." She said.

"If you were I would give all my bills to you." He said making her laugh.

Finally Noelle was left standing in her bra and panties. Brian held out his hand which she took. They walked toward the creek eventually standing near the edge of the river.

Brian took a step in walking deeper in while Noelle stayed back.

He turned giving her an encouraging smile and gently pulled her hand. With a breath Noelle slowly let Brian lead her into the river.

They walked till the water was near their waists before going deeper. Brian turned as the water was now to their chests. He held his arms out for Noelle.

She walked forward and he gathered her in his arms going deeper. The water was now up to Brian's neck and was over Noelle's lower half.

"I'm gonna lower you a little more okay?" He asked.

"Okay." She said.

Brian slowly lowered Noelle till the water was up to her neck. "I'm gonna let you go." He said. "Don't panic."

As soon as he let go some water went in Noelle's nose she coughed and sputtered.

Brian chuckled and grabbed her thrashing arms. "Told you not to panic." He said pulling her back to him.

"I can't do this." She said.

"Stop saying you can't." He said. "You can just believe you can."

"I believe you can." Brian whispered in her ear making her look into his eyes.

"So do I." Julia said swimming over with Jimny.

"I do too." Jimmy said.

"So do we." The twins said swimming over.

"I do." Matt said.

"Us too." Zacky and Johnny said in unison.

"Look at all the support you have." Brian said. "All that's left if for you to have confidence in yourself."

Noelle looked at Brian then looked at the others. "I do believe in myself."

"Let's try this again then." He said.

Noelle took a breath as he let go. She went under but stayed still coming back up coughing slightly.

"You're doing good stay calm." Brian said.

Noelle stayed still the water up to her neck. "To swim start by doing this." Valary said and kicked her feet swimming backwards.

Noelle layed back and kicked her feet hard splashing Julia and Jimmy.

"Not that hard you'll tire yourself." Jimmy said laughing.

Noelle stopped then kicked her feet softly going backwards till she went under then came back up.

"That was good now try to dog paddle." Jimmy said turning on his stomach and paddling like a dog.

Noelle got on her stomach before paddling slowly but began moving.

"Now try this." Brian said getting on his stomach and spear ding his arms out swimming away.

Noelle got on her stomach as soon as she tried to do this she went down. She came up coughing.

Brian chuckled. "Let's practice first." He said holding her waist while Jimmy held her mid.

"Now just practice spreading your arms like a butterfly spreads its wings." Michelle said gesturing.

Noelle spread her arms making flying motions in the water going faster and kicking her feet.

Brian and Jimmy shared a smile before letting her go. Noelle glanced back at them as she swan across the river before coming back over.

"Told you that you could do it." Brian said making her blush.

"Know what this means now that Noelle can swim." Jimmy says with a smirk.

"What?" She asked then sputtered when Jimmy splashed her.

"Water fight!" Jimmy yelled as everyone joined in splashing.