Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 26

Brian sped behind the others who drove in their cars. Noelle watched as the scenery changed from trees to a what looked like a poor side of town.

They continued to drive on passing shops, stores and fast food restaurants.

Eventually Zacky who was leading the way slowed down and drove behind a building the others following suit. After parking his bike Brian helped Noelle down as she began to take off her helmet.

Noelle took it off and handed it to him looking at the surrounding buildings.

"I'm guessing you've never seen thrift doors either." Brian said.

"Never." Noelle said shaking her head.

"We can check them out sometime if you want too." He said with a smile.

Noelle slowly returned it. "I'd loved too."

"Yo you two we've got ten minutes to set up." Matt said walking to the back door.

"We can go through there?" Julia asked.

"Yeah." Zacky said. "We're good friends with the owner so we can enter through here."

Julia nodded and glanced at Noelle as they were lead by the others inside.

They went down a hallway then turned going down another hallway. As they walked Noelle saw some red lights ahead.

Then she heard people talking and chanting Avenged Sevenfold over and over again. She bumped into Julia who stopped looking from the side.

"Whoa that's a lot of people." Julia said.

Matt chuckled. "A hundred people isn't a lot to us but it packs the place up."

"We can stay backstage?" Noelle asked.

"Y'all can pull some chairs up and watch us from the side." Johnny said appearing with a guitar.

"We got to go set up I'll see you soon." Jimmy said kissing Julia before going onstage with his drumsticks.

"Good luck." Noelle said as Brian kissed her forehead.

"Don't need it." He said with a wink. "But thanks."

Noelle shook her head and took a sit next to Valary as the guys got ready to perform.

The lights dimmed as Brian strummed his guitar. The red lights came on as Matt took the mic off the stand shielding his eyes to see the crowd.

"How you motherfuckers doing?" He yelled in the mic.

This was met by a round of cheers and applause. "Are y'all ready to tear this shithole apart?!" He yelled making the crowd go wild.

"Gates let's do this shit." Matt said.

"Gates?" Noelle asked as they began playing.

"That's his stage name Synyster Gates." Michelle said. "He came up with it during a drunken night with The Rev."

"The Rev?" Julia asked.

Valary laughed. "Jimmy's stage name The Reverend Tholomew Plague."

"That's a mouthful." Julia said with a laugh. "And the others?"

"Zacky's is Zacky Vengeance or Zacky V for short." Valary said. "Named himself that too get back at all the people who made fun of him in school."

"Johnny's is Johnny Christ." Michelle said laughing. "The guys thought it was really ballsy and named him that."

"And Matt's is M. Shadows cause he feels like he's the darker one in the group." Valary said. "He is in more ways then one."

Noelle blushed and payed attention to the guys as they finished playing End The Rapture.

This music wasn't something Noelle would normally listen too but she found herself enjoying it and tapping her feet to the beat.

As the guys were performing another song Valary got up.

"Where you going?" Julia asked.

"To do my part for this song." She said and walked out.

She walked over and too the mic off Zacky's stand.

"Punching slowly my mind can't change the speed." Valary screamed and jumped up as Matt sung the next verse.

"No matter what I do or how hard I try." She screamed and did a kick then some arm movements and a headbang before doing a final scream putting the mic back on the stand.

"That was really good." Julia said as Valary rejoined them.

"Thank you." She said sitting down.

The guys performed two more songs before a slow soft melody began playing.

"Your hazel tinted eyes watching every move that I make."

"This is so beautiful." Julia said. "Did he make it for you Val?"

She smiled. "Yes he did."

"I'll never be alone again with you by my side."
"I'd give my heart to you cause nothing in this world compares to you."

As Matt continued to sing Noelle watched Brian wandering how he felt about her.

As if on que Brian looked over and locked eyes with her. He gave her a smile.

Not his usually teasing cocky grin but a genuine smile which she returned.

As the show continued Noelle briefly thought back to what Michelle had told her about what kind of business Brian was involved in.

She was brought out her thoughts by the crowd cheering as the guys finished.

"Thanks for having us." Matt said. "We'll see you fuckers next time!"

"Did you like the show?" Zacky asked as they came backstage.

"It was wonderful." Julia said and shrieked as Jimmy gave her a sweaty hug. "Now I'm icky."

"You're still beautiful regardless." He said giving her a wink making her blush.

"Brian y'all were amazing." Noelle said.

He grinned. "Glad you enjoyed it."

"Where to now?" Zacky asked as they exited the venue.

"To the spot!" Jimmy yelled making everyone laugh.