Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 29

Noelle walked up the pathway to her house. She walked up the stairs and turned waving at Brian as he watched her. He gave her that signature smirk of his and waved before riding away.

She opened the door and entered her house feeling giddy. As she walked up she gasped as she was pulled into Cynthia's strong embrace.

"Noelle thank God." She said. "I was worried to the point of a heart attack when you didn't come home."

"I'm here now Cyndi." Noelle said strained. "Can't breathe that much."

"Sorry." Cynthia said letting her to then got serious. "Don't ever worry and scare me like that again."

"I'm sorry Cynthia I didn't mean to scare you or make you worry." Noelle said.

"You're here now that's all that matter." She said. "So how was school?"

Noelle's happy mood faded. "It was okay."

"Okay?" Cynthia asked. "Just okay?"

"Yeah it was okay." Noelle said and tried to walk upstairs but was stopped by Cynthia.

"You didn't go to school today did you Noelle?" She asked.

Noelle sighed. "No I didn't."

"You were with Brian and the others weren't you?" She asked. "I can smell cigarette smoke and alcohol on you."

"I was with them and Julia was too." Noelle said. "Are you gonna tell my parents?"

"No but you have to make sure this was a one time thing." Cynthia said.

"It was I even told Brian it was." Noelle said.

"Good so what exactly did y'all do today?" Cynthia asked.

"Well first we went to Willow Creek where everyone was swimming." She said.

"Noelle you're scared to death of water especially deep water." Cynthia said.

"Not anymore cause I can swim now thanks to Brian and the others." She said with a smile.

"In that case me and you are gonna have to take a trip to the local pool." Cynthia said. "Where'd y'all go after that?"

"We went to Chain Reaction where we watched the guys performed." She said.

"Isn't Chain Reaction in the next town?" Cynthia asked and Noelle nodded. "Noelle please don't go that far away anymore."

"Promise." Noelle said holding up her hand as if taking an oath. "Then we went to the park where Jimmy tried to catch a stallion duck for Julia."

Cynthia laughed. "Why did he do that?"

"Said he wanted to get her it for Easter and since a duck was the only bird around he tried to get it but didn't succeed." Noelle said.

"That Jimmy." Cynthia said shaking her head. "What next?"

"We went to the spot where we had a drink then everyone left leaving me and Brian alone." Noelle said. "We talked about things."

"Like what?" She asked.

"His past." Noelle said. "He was reluctant at first but he told me about it."

"What in his past had him hestiant to speak about it?" Cynthia asked.

"It's troubled that's all." Noelle said choosing not to tell Cynthia what exactly Brian did in his past.

Cynthia sensed Noelle wasn't telling her everything but didn't push it any further.

"After that he drove me home and I told him that I would be his girlfriend." Noelle said smiling big.

Cynthia slowly smiled. "Noelle this is big your first boyfriend and first relationship."

"I know it's kinda scary and exciting at the same time." Noelle said. "I'm worried that I'll mess things up or something."

Cynthia squeezed her shoulder. "That's how relationships are you mess up then you fix it."

"What if I can't fix it?" She asked.

"Don't worry yourself about it." Cynthia said. "You always manage to fix things and never stop till you do."

Noelle smiled. "I hope this works out."

"I'm sure it will." Cynthia said walking pass her. "Dinner is in a few."

After dinner Noelle showered and was grateful her parents were too busy to call. She really didn't want to talk to them.

It was after Cynthia had turned in for the night that she heard tapping at her window. Noelle went over and smiled before opening it.

"Hi." She said.

"Hey sweet cheeks." Brian said. "Whatcha doing?"

"Reading a book." She said. "What are you doing?"

"Kidnapping you again." He said. "Can you come down?"

"Brian it's late." Noelle said with a laugh.

"All the fun stuff happens after dark." He said. "Just come down I'll bring you back I promise."

Noelle thought about it then laughed softly as he gave her the puppy eyes.

"I'll be right down." She said closing her window.

Noelle walked softly pass Cynthia's door and down the stairs to the front door. She opened it and walked out.

"Brian?" She said then gasped as she was grabbed.

"Looking for me?" He asked.

She laughed then turned facing him. "So where are we going?"

He grinned. "Come on." He said leading her to his bike which was on the other side of the road.

After getting on Noelle held on as he drove away from her house. She closed her eyes as the wind went through her helmet.

"You fall asleep on me too much sweet cheeks." Brian said waking her up.

"Sorry." She said yawning. "Where are we?"

"Follow me." He said taking off her helmet and leading her to a grassy area.

Noelle gasped seeing the entire town. "It's beautiful."

"Thought you liked to see it." Brian said laying a blanket down and sitting on it.

Noelle walked over sitting next to him before laying a head on his shoulder. Brian wrapped an arm around her pulling her closer.

"Brian can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Anything." He said facing her.

"Why did you chose me?" Noelle asked. "I mean it just seems like you would want someone well like Michelle." "A girl who's experienced and daring I'm not either of those."

"Which is why I like you." Brian said lifting her chin. "Noelle you're not like that cause you're unique and special in your own way." "You're different one of the many reasons I like you."

"Why else do you like me?" She asked.

"Oh no I've poured my soul out enough for a day I'll tell you another time." He said then kissed her.

Noelle slowly smiled before kissing him again. Brian layed down and Noelle laid her head on his chest as he pulled her close. Her eyes became heavy again as she fell asleep Brian whispered to her...

"Another reason I like you Noelle is because you're good and pure." He said. "You accept me regardless of my past I feel like you're chance at something different."

Noelle smiled in her sleep as he kissed her forehead. "You're my chance at a new start Noelle."