Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 33

Noelle couldn't believe Brian was there in her house since she rarely saw him during the day.

"What are you doing here?" She asked surprised.

He chuckled. "Nice to see you too sweet cheeks." He said standing in front of her and eyed her hair. "I like the highlights."

"Thanks Jimmy did them." She said.

"Had a feeling he did." Brian said. "He's always doing and up to something."

"That's an understatement." Noelle said with a laugh. "So what are you doing here?"

"Came to see if you wanted to do something." He said.

"Right now?" Noelle asked.

He nodded. "Unless you've got something you need to do."

"Nothing except for homework I can do it later though." She said.

"Then let's go." Brian said walking away then walked back grabbing a muffin.

Cynthia walked with Noelle to the door. "Make sure you're back before it gets to dark and remember to ask him."

"I will Cyndi." Noelle said hugging her before walking down to where Brian was starting his bike.

He handed her a helmet which she fastened on giving Cynthia a final wave they drove away from her house.

"So where are we going?" She asked over the roar of the engine.

"Depends where do you want to go?" Brian asked.

"Have no idea." She said with a laugh.

He chuckled. "I think I have an idea."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Not telling." Brian said with a hint of that smirk.

Noelle smiled and held on to him as they continued on to wherever he was taking her. Brian slowed down and pulled into a nearly empty parking lot.

Noelle looked to see that it was a place for alternative art. "What are we doing here?" She asked.

"Getting something done to you." Brian said.

"What am I getting done?" She asked worried.

Brian laughed. "Chill sweet cheeks it's nothing bad this is also a parlor for tattoos and piercings." "I was talking to Julia and she mentioned that you wanted a piercing."

"I did but I have a slight fear of needles." She said.

"How many fears do you have girl?" Brian asked rubbing her arms soothingly.

"Don't know then again don't we all have a abundance of fears we have, don't know about, and so on?" She asked.

Brian appeared lost in thought. "Never really thought about it till now."

"What are your fears Brian?" Noelle asked.

"I'll tell you sometime right now let's get this piercing done." He said. "Where you want it at anyhow?"

Noelle lifted her shirt up slightly and looked at her belly. "Belly button."

He grinned. "Let's get it done then."

He wrapped a reassuring arm around her shoulders and opened the door to the parlor. Noelle walked in looking at the photos of alternative models who bore tons of tattoos, piercings, and were either partially or completely naked.

They walked in where some people were getting things done. Noelle felt out of place among them as they stared at her wearing her school uniform.

Brian led her to a guy with a pink Mohawk who was cleaning his equipment he looked up hearing them.

"Haner what's up?" He asked standing up and hugging Brian.

"How's it going Berry?" Brian asked.

"Nothing much man." He said then noticed Noelle. "And who's this?"

"This is Noelle and she wants to get her bellybutton pierced." Brian said.

"Nice to meet you Noelle I'm Matt Berry." He said then gestured for her to sit. "Is this your first piercing?"

"Yes it is." She said. "Will it hurt a lot?"

"Depends on how much you move but it's kinda like when you her your finger pricked at the hospital." Matt said pulling on some gloves.

Noelle layed back as Brian sat nearby holding her hand. Matt pulled up her shirt and dabbed her bellybutton with an alcohol wipe.

After this he grabbed a needle. "Ready?" He asked.

Noelle took a breath and closed her eyes before nodding. Her breath quivered as he held the top of her button. She opened an eye as he took some practice movements before piercing her navel.

"How you like it?" Brian asked observing her looking in the mirror.

Noelle looked at and touched the star stud earring hanging from her navel.

"I love it." She said. "Thank you."

Matt chuckled. "No problem."

"How much I owe you?" She asked.

"I got this covered." Brian said paying Matt.

"You know I could've payed for it myself." Noelle told him as they ate at Taco Bell.

"Nah I'm paying for it." Brian said.

"I just feel bad you're spending your money on me." She said.

"You feel that bad you can buy me something to pay me back." Brian said giving her a grin.

She laughed. "Okay I will."

"So I heard that Julia tangoed with some bitch at your school." Brian said.

"Yeah Eden Sprouse." She said. "She was always making fun of her."

"Based on what Jim told me doesn't sound like she's gonna be doing that anymore." Brian said smirking. "In fact he said the chick might need a nose replacement."

Noelle laughed. "Julia did hit her pretty hard."

Brian laughed then grew serious. "Have you ever fought before?"

"No I try to avoid fighting." Noelle said.

"That's inevitable Noelle everyone's got to fight sometime." He said.

"Well it hasn't happened yet and if it does I'm certain I might get whopped." She said.

"Whopped?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "With that vocabulary you're certain too cause no one says whopped anymore."

"Get my ass kicked then better?" She asked.

"A little." He said then got up grabbing her hand. "Come on."

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Going to teach you how to fight."