Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 7

As Noelle and Jimmy made their way down the hallway to hers and Julias lockers. There were some who took notice of this and there was a couple of whispers. But Noelle didn't care.

They finally arrived at the lockers where Julia was stuffing books into her bag.

"Hey Julia." Noelle said unlocking her locker. Julia looked up and blushed slightly at the sight of Jimmy.

"Hey Noelle." She said. "Jimmy." She said with a shy smile.

"Hello Julia." Jimmy said with a smile. "You ready Noelle?"

"Yeah." Noelle said grabbing the last of her books and slamming her locker shut.

They walked out the school together. Luckily they didn't encounter Eden. Thank God Noelle thought she really didn't want to deal with her anymore.

Plus she was sure Eden would know by tomorrow that her and Julia had been seen with misfit Jimmy Sullivan. For some reason Noelle wanted Eden to know to show that her and Julia were tired of her and her arrogance.

"So Noelle what did the principal say?" Julia said as they walked down the street.

"Nothing Mrs. Waldo said she wouldn't tell him but I had to stay in the waiting room that's where I found Jimmy." Noelle said.

"What were you doing there?" She asked looking up at Jimmy.

"I mooned Coach Hartman." He said with a smile. Julias eyes widen and she burst out laughing. Jimmy and Noelle joined in.

"Jimmy you're a trip." Julia said still laughing.

"Coming from you my fair lady I take that as a compliment." Jimmy said. Julia blushed.

"Julia guess what." Noelle said. Julia stopped walking.

"What?" She asked with a confused expression.

"You're hanging with me now!" Jimmy said not giving her time to guess.

"We are?" Julia asked.

"Is that okay?" Both Noelle and Jimmy said in unison.

"That's awesome!" Julia said smiling. Jimmy let out a yell of happiness.

"Yay group hug!" He said grabbing both girls and pulling them into a hug.

"Jimmy we like you too but we can't breathe." Noelle managed to say.

"Sorry." Jimmy said releasing them and they continued walking with his arms around both girls.

"You wanna play a game?" Jimmy asked.

"What kind of game?" Both asked in unison.

"Just a game of a thousand questions." Jimmy said walking ahead of them then starting walking backwards.

"Okay." Noelle said with a smile.

"What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"Red." Noelle said.

"Blue." Julia said. Jimmy nodded and continued.

"Favorite coke?" He asked still walking backwards.

"Hmm...strawberry crush." Noelle answered.

"Dr. Pepper." Julia answered. They continued answering Jimmys questions until they came to Julias house.

Julia said goodbye to both and gave them hugs. With her giving Jimmy a particularly long hug. They then kept walking to Noelles house.

"Jimmy watch out." Noelle said as Jimmu was about to walk into a trash can but he jumped over it without looking.

"How'd you know it was there?" She asked.

"Cause I'm good like that." He said with a wink.

They finally arrived at Noelles house. Thankfully her parents weren't home so she wouldn't be asked questions about Jimmy.

"See you tomorrow Noelle." Jimmy said giving her one of his hugs.

"Bye Jimmy." She said returning the hug. Jimmy then walked away backwards jumping over a car which made her laugh.

She entered her home.

"Hi Cynthia." She said going to the fridge for a water.

"Good afternoon Noelle." Cynthia said. "Who was that young man you were with?"

"Jimmy he's a friend from school." Noelle answered.

"He doesn't look like the kind of people you usually hang out with." She said.

"Well he is now." Noelle said not really wanting to talk about it with Cynthia.

Cynthia must've got the message cause she didn't ask anymore questions.

"Noelle do you mind going to the convience store and getting a jug of milk?" Cynthia asked.

"Of course not." Noelle said with a smile as Cynthia handed her the money and returned the smile. Cynthia was more of a mother to her than her own mother.

"Hurry back!" Cynthia yelled as Noelle left the house.

As Noelle approached the store she saw a motorcycle and standing nearby it was the guy known as Brian.

She walked with her head down intending to ignore him. He scared her with him threatening Mr. Grant even though he was a major asshole.

As she walked past him he spoke.

"It's you again." He said. She looked up and saw that his eyes were the same chocolate brown as hers.

"What you can't speak are you dumb?" He asked with a smirk.

"I can speak perfectly thank you very much." Noelle said with a scowl. This only made Brian smirk more.

"Great cause I was about to ask if you could buy me a pack of cigarettes." He said.

"Why don't you buy your own damn cigarettes?" She asked getting irritated.

"Cause...he said leaning forward. "I want you to buy them."

"Buy your own precious cigarettes." She said entering the store. She got the jug of milk and payed for it.

She noticed he was still out there and he was lighting a cigarette.
She exited the store he spoke again.

"You could buy your precious milk but you couldn't buy me my precious cigarettes?" He asked pretending that he was offended.

"You're a grown man I'm not your slave plus milk is good for you." She said. "Cigarettes cause lung cancer and early death."

"I'm counting on that." He said before blowing a puff right into Noelles face. She backed up coughing while he laughed at her.

"Jerk." She said giving him am angry expression before walking away. Him watching her as she walked way.

Brian chuckled and got on his bike.

He was going to have so much fun messing with this girl.