Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 8

Who the hell does that guy think he is? Noelle asked herself as she walked back home with the milk. Just because he's killing himself doesn't mean the read of us wants to breathe that poison in.

She finally arrived back home.

"Cynthia I'm back." Noelle said as she entered the house.

"Good did you get the milk?" Cynthia asked poking her head out the kitchen door. Noelle nodded and handed her the jug.

"What are you making anyway?" Noelle asked.

"Red velvet cake your favorite." Cynthia said with a smile which Noelle returned.

This was another thing she liked about Cynthia. She would randomly and out of nowhere make Noelles favorite foods.

"Thanks Cindy." Noelle said calling Cynthia by her nickname.

"Don't thank me you deserve it Miss senior." Cynthia said with a smile.

Being a senior was bittersweet. All your life you say you can't wait to grow up or get out of school. When you finally do reality hits you that this is it. You're never gonna see the school or all these people again.

Noelle followed Cynthia into the kitchen.

"Do you need help with anything?" Noelle asked.

"No you just sit down and keep me company while I make you your dinner." Cynthia said grabbing bowls and utensils.

"Aren't mom and dad joining me?" Noelle asked.

"No your parents are out of town on a business deal said they probably won't be back in until Friday." Cynthia said giving Noelle a sympathetic smile.

Cynthia couldn't imagine what it must be like to have demanding overbearing parents who basically have your future planned out for you and then they neglect you. Cynthia knew how much the eighteen year longed for her parents attention and to have a say in her own future.

"So Noelle you wanna talk about this Jimmy fellow I saw you with?" She asked as she missed the ingredients together.

"Well Jimmy created a fuss this morning" She said smiling at the memory. "He took the fire extinguisher saying he needed it cause he had a fire in his pants."

Cynthia looked up and burst out laughing as she put the cake in the oven.

"He sounds like a character." She said as she pulled out a meatloaf.

"He is." Noelle said. "He told Eden off."

"Eden you mean that really bratty girl you hang with?" Cynthia asked setting a plate of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas in front of Noelle.

"Used to hang out with." Noelle corrected her as she ate. "Cause she kept on insulting Julia that was the last straw."

"And I take it this Jimmy stood up for her didn't he?" Cynthia asked. Noelle nodded.

"And he offered us to hang out with him he doesn't care if we're wealthy." Noelle said.

"This Jimmy sounds like a keeper." Cynthia said taking the cake out. "It sounds like he really loves people."

Noelle nodded in agreement.

"Does Eden know that you and Miss Julia aren't hanging with her anymore?" Cynthia asked.

"I'm sure she knows by now I'll deal with the wrath of Eden tomorrow." Noelle said as Cynthia took her plate and placed a plate with a piece of cake in front of her.

"Well you know when your parents find out they're gonna be asking questions." Cynthia said.

"I know Cindy I'll deal with that when the time comes." Noelle said eating her cake.

"I hope everything turns out right." Cynthia said.

"Me too." Noelle said finishing her cake. Cynthia took the plate as Noelle went up to her room.

After doing homework, bathing, and dressing. Noelle climbed into bed trying to sleep.

Her thoughts always went back to the cigarette smoking spiky haired Brian.