Devils Don't Fly

Baby you should stick around

Next morning I walk into Howard Stark’s humble abode. There isn’t much noise, only the sound of my heels clicking against the tile. The whole place is pitch black, the only light is whatever light managed to sneak in between the curtains. A growl escapes my lips as I head straight towards his bedroom; it’s nearing one in the afternoon, he needs to get his playboy ass up.

I storm into his bedroom and see him laying face down in the pillow, probably in a puddle of drool too. I roll my eyes at the sight, seeing as it’s something I’ve always had to deal with when it comes to his son. Like father, like son, I think to myself as I walk over to the windows, pulling open the curtains to let in the bright afternoon sun.

A groan escapes from the lips of the man in bed, causing me to turn on my heels with a smile on my lips. “Good afternoon, Mister Stark.”

“Who let you in?” He snaps, burying his head further into the pillow.

This is definitely where Tony gets it from, I think to myself as I make my way over to the bed. “It’s one in the afternoon, Mister Stark, you’ve already missed countless meetings. As your assistant, it’s my job to make sure you don’t miss anymore.”

He looks up at me, brown eyes bloodshot from last night’s drinking binge, “god I was hoping you were a dream last night.”

“You’ve got me swooning, Stark.” I chuckle sarcastically as I sit on the bed. “How about you get out of bed before this dream turns into a nasty nightmare?”

He looks at me before a smirk appears on his lips, “whatever the lady wants.”

I just roll my eyes before getting off the bed and heading towards his closet; flinging the doors open before walking in. Time to help the playboy get dressed for this afternoon’s meetings. I’m never going to escape this, am I?

**

I sit outside Stark’s office, typing away on the typewriter, secretly wishing I had my laptop. I can make out a few things from Howard’s meetings. Some SSR business as well as stuff involving his own company, Stark Industries. When Stark walks out of his office with a General, he looks at me with a grin before saying goodbye to his last meeting of the day.

“How about we head out and get some drinks, Miss Marx?” He asks, walking over and sitting on the edge of my desk, “or we could go out for some dinner and a late night movie.”

“I’m not interested.” I simply saying, attempting to go back to my work, not before I catch a glimpse of the wounded look on his face.

“That’s impossible,” he states, “how could you not be interested.”

“Newsflash, Mister Stark,” I begin looking up at him with a smile, “not every girl falls under your spell. Sure you’re a good looking man, I’m not going to deny that but you’ve got this ugliness about you., which makes you very unattractive.” Oh and I’m having sex with your future son, I silently add in my thoughts.

He looks at me, a smirk appearing on his lips, “you’re not like other girls, are you Miss Marx?”

“I’m blunt, sarcastic and I’m not afraid to speak my mind,” I smile, “you tell me if I’m like all the other girls that throw themselves at you.”

He just chuckles before getting off my desk, “you’re something else.” With that he walks away but turns around and looks at me, “you look hot in that dress by the way.” A wink and he turns back around, walking into his office. I just roll my eyes as a smirk tugs on the corner of my lips, like father, like son.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marie

Who would you rather have if you were Marie, Howard or Tony? Just curious.