Cuddle Me In

One of One

Harry has seen Louis play footie plenty of times whether it be an official game or just practicing before a show. Regardless when Louis plays in an official game Harry’s heart races and he feels like it’s the first time he’s watching him all over again. He trusts Louis and his skill, he knows he’ll win and if he doesn’t he will do everything in his power to win. It’s the other players that Harry doesn’t trust because they won’t be gentle with him, they’ll shove him and trip him and do whatever it takes to win and it makes Harry’s skin crawl. Because no one is allowed to hurt Louis, granted Harry doesn’t want anyone to even look or touch Louis but Harry understands that football is a contact sport so he can’t stop every player from touching Louis.

Harry stands on the side of the pitch, jacket zipped up to his chin to try to protect himself from the harsh wind. His hands were clenched in his pockets as he watched another player shove Louis away from the ball and Harry was pretty sure they couldn’t touch this much. When Louis stole the back, Harry screamed as loud as he could trying to prove a point to the other team even if they could care less about his existence. Harry continued to watch the game and scanned the audience loving all the signs specifically for Louis when he heard the crowd yelling even louder. His eyes snapped back to the game to see Louis collapsed on the ground and he nearly ran to the pitch but his security guard held him back. Harry shook of the man’s arm and walked towards the side and stepping right to the edge of the pitch where he could stand before he would get in trouble.

He wanted to yell his encouragements and tell him he loved him but his words got caught in his throat and he felt like he couldn’t do anything but watch in horror as Louis writhed on the grass in pain. Harry bit his lip continuing to watch as Louis attempted to stand up with the help of his team mates. Louis finally locked eyes with him and tried to smile and rolled his ankle around before nodding and turning to his team mates so they could resume play. He was only playing for a few plays before he was running, more like limping, to Harry on the sidelines. Harry reached his arms out and steadied his boyfriend and was going to ask if he was okay when Louis pushed Harry away, turned around and threw up just meters away from his and Harry’s feet. Harry let out a small ‘oh’ and rubbed Louis’ back trying to calm Louis down.

“Fuck, I’m so sorry.” Louis apologized wiping away at his mouth.

“Hey no it’s alright. It’s alright love, come on you need to sit down.”

“I can’t, I need to get back out there.”

“You’re hurt and you just got sick. You’re not going back out there.” Harry said his voice raising.

“That was completely fucking embarrassing. I have to redeem myself.”

“Redeem yourself at the next match.” Harry pleaded. “Please just sit down.”

Louis sighed and nodded allowing Harry to assist him to his team’s bench where the trainer was asking him what was wrong and inspecting his ankle. Harry held onto Louis’ hand tightly as Louis tried to explain where he hurt and why he got sick. The trainer says Louis needs to be out for the rest of the game causing Louis to become increasingly frustrated but Harry’s tight grip on his hand helped bring him back down to earth.

The game finally ended, the other team winning which was just another stab at Louis’ ego and Louis insisted on Harry waiting outside for Louis. It hurt Harry’s feelings being turned away but Harry tried not to take it personally because Louis is hurt and he’s embarrassed and frustrated. So Harry waited as patiently as he could for Louis to be done surprised when Louis gave him a hug when he walked out to him. Harry helped him into the car and drove them back to Harry’s place.

Harry went into protective mode then helping Louis into the flat and sat him on the couch putting a blanket over him and a pillow under his ankle on the table. He put Louis’ favorite movie into the dvd player and made him some tea. He rushed out about five different questions about if he was hungry or not and Louis just stared up at him and blinked as Harry went from food to ranting about killing the man who hurt his Louis. Harry kept ranting as he walked into the kitchen and got some frozen vegetables to put on Louis’ ankle. He wrapped a dish towel around the peas and walked back into the living room still going off “about the fucker who thought it would be okay to injure his baby boy”. Louis started laughing making Harry finally stop ranting and stared at Louis.

“What are you laughing at?”

“You’re adorable.”

Harry blushed despite himself, “Stop this isn’t about that. This is about you being hurt.”

“I’m fine.” Louis said hoping Harry actually believed him. “Now what you can really do for me is cuddle the fuck out of me.”

Harry grinned, his smile reaching his ears. “That is something I can do.”

Harry climbed onto the couch and rested against the couch, his legs sitting on either side of Louis’ waist.

“Babe” Harry said his brows furrowing, “move so you’re laying on me, yeah?”

Louis would usually protest and make some comment about crushing Harry but he decided to stay quiet and moved as carefully as he could so he was laying on top of Harry with his leg stretched out so his ankle wasn’t in an awkward position. Harry sighed and wrapped his arms around Louis his hands automatically going into Louis’ hair and massaging his scalp. Louis mirrored Harry’s sigh and squirmed around to try to get more comfortable.

“Baby.” Harry whispered, his voice hinting at something that was definitely not innocent.

Louis let out a giggle, “Sorry.”

Harry laughed, “Why do I get the feeling that you’re not at all?”

Louis propped himself up on his elbows and shrugged as he squirmed again, “What do you mean baby?”

Harry rolled his eyes and brought Louis’ face down so he could finally kiss him, rolling his hips ever so slightly.

“You cheeky sod.” Louis mumbled against Harry’s lips.

“Hey you started it.” Harry pinched Louis’ bum making him squeal.

“Yeah and I’ll finish it.”

“Please do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
happy birthday. i love you. <3