Broken Dreams

Chapter Two

Image

It was strange, waking up in an unfamiliar place, the knowledge that Angel wasn’t at home hitting her like a thousand lightning strikes straight to the chest. The pain of it made her want to scream, but instead she stayed silence, gathering in her surroundings.

There were no windows, no doors, nothing. There was no chance of an escape, especially with the chains that held her to the wall. She could walk about five feet in front of her, but that was it. A humorless laugh left her lips at the thought that she was completely screwed.

Naruto, will you come after me? Angel disregarded the thought, not wanting to think of what ifs. There were doubts deep inside of her that said Naruto would not bother to come. “Who’s out there?” she wanted to yell. “How dare you hold me captive!” But she didn’t make a sound. There wasn’t any way to know how long she had been here. It could have been days, even weeks. It would have been easy to keep her asleep with that jutsu that was used.

Oh, God, she thought, closing her hand into a tight fist. Her jutsus, they would be useless. She could feel it in the chains. They stopped any form of chakra from coming out.

What could they possibly want with her? Who were they, anyway, and where was she? It was possible that they were going to … to kill her. Oh… Her stomach lurched, and she had to force the urge to vomit back down. It was one thing to face death on a daily basis, as most ninjas often did, but for it to come to her, to not allow her any form of escape… that was her worst nightmares come to life.

♥ẞṙớḱᶒṅ•Ḍṛёӑӎș♥


A person could easily go insane with being locked up for a long period of time, with no light, not a single voice to be heard. The only sounds being those that she made. And once realizing that the voice that was being echoed throughout the room was her own, she shut up.

While sitting against the wall that was probably full of dried blood, dirt and other things Angel didn’t want to think about, she found herself lost in her own memories. The memories of the time when Naruto and Sasuke had their first real fight, when Sasuke attempted to kill Naruto, and when Naruto refused to give up on his friend.

Sasuke. You have never liked me very much, but you were glad when I kept to myself over fangirling over you like everyone else. You may have called me a nuisance at least once or twice before, but we have helped each other out, as teammates once should. You never should have run away with Orochimaru, never should have turned on the Leaf. You have so many regrets, the one of killing your brother, Itachi, haunting you. And yet you came back, after deciding to go with your brother’s decision to protect the Leaf. So now I wonder, now that I am gone, will you care that I am gone, just as I cared when you were gone?

Everyone in the Leaf had changed from the immature children that they once were to very mature adults who are constantly making life decisions. Naruto has matured more than anyone had ever thought he would. Shikamaru, ever the lazy genius, is still as lazy as always but does not complain as much. Instead it appears that he enjoys making decisions now and being the leader he grew up to be. She could go on and on about everyone in the village and pass the time with it all, but right now she really needed to focus on getting out.

After glancing around again, Angel thought she may have found a small crack with a sliver of light, indicating a door, but there was definitely no way of getting to it without hurting herself beyond repair. And even then, she had no way of cutting the chains off in the first place. Her kunai was gone.

With that realization, Angel slumped back into the wall, banging her head in the process, but not really understanding the pain she felt. Her kunai was gone. Gone. Left where she sat, when talking with Naruto. Gone was the hope that had originally been inside of her, replaced with nothing but fear at what was going to come.

Angel allowed her head to fall forward, into her arms as sobs wracked her body. Naruto would never come after her. With her kunai being left, he thought she had left him, willingly.

“Naruto,” she said, not able to look toward the boy. “Naruto, if I am ever going to leave this place, I will leave this with you.” She held up the weapon that she treasured above all of her materialistic things. “This is a sign that I will not be coming back, and that you will not be allowed to come after me.”

“Oh my God,” she cried out. “What have I done?” She buried her fingernails into her arms, not making a single sound toward the pain she felt there, nor bothering to wipe away the blood that fled down her arms. My stupidity is what caused me to be here today. This is my entire fault, every single bit of it.

♥ẞṙớḱᶒṅ•Ḍṛёӑӎș♥


“Trust me, Sakura, she does not want to be found.” His voice was strained, tired after the many times having to say this to her. He wondered if this is how everyone had once felt with him whenever he constantly asked his constant questions.

“You were right when you said that I know her better than anyone, which is why I know for a fact that by leaving that kunai where she had left it, in the ground, she will not want to come back! And if you would listen to a word I am saying, you would understand that this is not just some excuse I am making up!”

“Naruto, I am listening to you, but I have such a bad feeling about this. If anything, shouldn’t we go after her just so we can ask her why she left, instead of forcing her to come back? At least then we would have a reason.” Sakura was being relentless. She could tell that Naruto was getting frustrated with her, but this was his best friend’s life at stake. She couldn’t shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong.

“No,” he denied, beginning to walk away from her. There was a strange look on his face, one that Sakura had seen before. She knew instantly what it was: guilt. He wanted, desperately, to go after his friend, but he knew that she would probably be angry at him for going.

“Then I am going by myself.”

♥ẞṙớḱᶒṅ•Ḍṛёӑӎș♥


“Ah, you are awake.” The voice was deep, masculine. It was the same voice of the man who had kidnapped her.

With a growl, Angel rose off of the hard concrete ground to face her attacker. “Who are you and what do you want?” she hissed.

His lips curved up into an amused smile before dropping back into an emotionless line. “My, it is no wonder that Naruto was in love with you. You are a charmer, aren’t you?”

Angel fought to not be affected by what he had said, but she blurted out, “What are you talking about?”

He brushed off her question as if she had merely asked about the weather. “As for who I am, my dear, that is not important. What is important is you.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Angel studied him while he moved around the room, not coming close enough to her so that she could strike, unfortunately.

He wore a long cloak, one similar to the Akatsuki cloaks. The Akatsuki was long gone, though, so this was confusing. Were they suddenly making a comeback? His hair was short and black, his eyes a piercing blue. He reminded her of the Uchiha’s, more of Itachi than anyone. But he wasn’t Itachi, which was obvious. Itachi was dead, and he never had blue eyes. So who was this guy?

“No, girl, you are the most important person here. You are the final piece to my devious plan.”

“What plan?” she growled, not really wanting to know. There could never be anything good about this man. Whatever he was planning, it wasn’t something good.

There was a lost look in his eyes for a moment as he stared her way, but it was gone almost as soon as it came. “You will find out soon enough. Until then, enjoy your stay.”

The door closed behind him as he left, Angel letting out a scream of frustration as the only source of light left the room with him. Plans, creepy men, and the knowledge of her relationship with Naruto? This definitely can’t be good. And what the hell did he mean about Naruto liking me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Another update! Sadly, it hasn't gotten much more interesting. The first two chapters have been mostly fillers for right now. But the interesting parts should be coming up soon! Until then, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Questions: Who do you think the kidnapper could possibly be? What could the reason for Angel telling Naruto that if she ever left, she'd leave the kunai behind? Questions, questions, not enough answers! :D