Broken Dreams

Chapter Three

Image

All she wanted to do was run. But the stupid chains were blocking her from going anywhere, let alone the exit that was right in front of her. It wasn’t fair, that the guy would leave the door open when he came in, taunting her with the openness of it. “What do you want?” she finally snapped at him, getting frustrated with his staring issues. It was so annoying! All that he would do, every day for a few minutes at a time, was stare at her. It was both nerve-wracking and creepy.

“It is all going according to plan,” he said, evading the question. He gave her one last look before turning toward the door. When he got close enough to where it was obvious he was leaving, Angel finally snapped.

“Wait!” she screamed. “Please stop.”

He glanced over his shoulder at her, one eyebrow raised in question. “What is it?” Curiosity laced his tone, something Angel didn’t hear often. She didn’t hear much emotion from him at all over the past week. Yes, that was how long she had been here already, and it was slowly becoming unbearable.

Angel swallowed while closing her eyes. Naruto’s face flashed in her mind, bringing forth instant pain to her chest. “What are you planning? Please, I beg of you, tell me why I am here! I can’t stand the wait any longer! Just tell me already.” When she reopened her eyes, she gasped.
He was right in front of her, his face contorted with what appeared to be anger. A sharp exhale left her as he shoved his hand into her hair, wrenching her head back. “You do not command me, got it?” It was painful, the way her head was angled, the way strands of hair kept pulling sharply. “As for you, little Angel, the plan is simple. You are going to kill Naruto Uzumaki.”

Kill Naruto? Me? “You must be crazy if you think I would kill him!”

“You will have no choice once I am through with you,” he growled in her ear. With a twist of his wrist, he angled her head back further to the point where if she were to struggle, her neck would snap in an instant.

“If you think that I would do anything you said,” she whispered, “then you’ve got another thing coming.”

“What do you think you can possibly do in your situation, little Angel? You have nothing against me. Nothing. Now then,” he mumbled to himself. “The plan must start sooner than I was prepared.” He released her hair, allowing her to fall forward, to her knees, but he paid her no mind. There was a lost look in his eyes and Angel thought that, for a moment, she saw regret.

“I am going to release your chains.” Hope bloomed in her chest as her gaze caught the light coming from the door. He must have seen the hope in her eyes, because the next thing he said made her lose it, “If you so much as run, you will be put under the sleep paralysis jutsu again, and you will know nothing of the plan until you wake up.”

When he released the chakra chains, she immediately began making handsigns, hoping to catch him off guard. In an instant, she was sprawled across the floor, blood running down her chin. For a moment she had no idea what had happened, until the pain throughout her cheek gave her the answer; he had backhanded her.

Damn, she thought while wiping the blood off of her chin. She stared silently into his angry eyes, waiting for something to happen. When nothing did, she stood up, waiting for her punishment.

“You lose,” he growled, beginning to make the handsign for the sleep paralysis jutsu. Once he started moving toward her, she began to understand his jutsu. He had to touch her otherwise it didn’t work.

She jumped away from him just as his arm shot out, and began running at top speed for the door. A hand grasped her arm just as she made it through, stopping her in her tracks.

“Isashi, what the hell are you doing?” The voice who had spoken had Angel shaking in fear. “Ah, good, we finally have you subdued.”

Madara … how are you still alive? I thought Naruto and Sasuke killed you.

“This is what I get for having imbeciles do my work for me. Isashi, let’s go.”

♥ẞṙớḱᶒṅ•Ḍṛёӑӎș♥


“Naruto, save me!” Angel cried out, eyes wide as she ran toward the blonde. There were two other ninjas running after her, one of those being Madara Uchiha.

Naruto stared in shock at the trio, unable to believe his eyes. Madara wasn’t alive, he couldn’t be. This was just a dream … right? It had to be.

“Naruto, why aren’t you saving me? Why did you leave me alone! You don’t care at all, do you?”

“Angel I—”

“No!” she screamed, no longer running. Her eyes changed, hatred filling their dark pools. She looked around, as if unsure what was going on. Finally her eyes rose to meet his, that hatred never going away. “I hate you, Naruto. And I am going to kill you.”

Madara laughed evilly. “You best run and hide, Naruto Uzumaki.”


Naruto shot awake, breathing heavily. Just a dream, he thought. But somehow, he felt unsure, as if something were very, very wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh. I'm saddened by this chapter. It's definitely not as interesting as I had originally hoped it would be. But, I am praying that the story will get better since the plot has now begun! Comment/subscribe/recommend. Thanks! Enjoy!