Status: Under Construction: Being Remodeled

Save Me

Chapter 1

A female figure laid on the ground in the middle of the forest.

Her eyes were shut but we're framed with dark lashes. Her oval face was relaxed in a forced sleep. The girl's gentle features were relaxed in a forced sleep. A dark bruise marred the forehead of her otherwise perfect caramel skin.

Suddenly, her eyelids fluttered revealing bright hazel eyes.

She groaned and slowly rose clutching her head. It ached and was pounding. The girl felt warm metal of a silver coronet with a topaz stone braided into her tresses. The tight braids in her tresses were not helping matters.

The beauty rose to her feet stumbling on the uneven ground.

"Where is this? Where am I? Who am I?" Her soft voice wondered. A small velvet purse was attached to her wrist. She hurriedly opened it revealing many jewels and some golden coins. The girl hurriedly stuffed them back into the purse looking around for anyone else.

"I have...things," she thought out loud." That still doesn't tell me who and where I am." Dark arched eyebrows furrowed and full dark pink lips settled into a pout.

A growl rose in the air. The girl jumped in fear and clutched her chest. Her hand found warm metal once again. She ran when the sound became louder crushing the leaves and twigs under her slippers. The girl was anything but agile and fell to the floor.

A loud sob rang from her throat. She had no idea where she was. She had no idea who she was. Now there was something dangerous nearby. She couldn't have been more terrified if she tried.

A loud yell of prey echoed through the forest and silence creeped in.

The girl slowly rose slightly stumbling on her long dress.

The necklace.

Maybe the answer was in the necklace.

The girl hurriedly lifted the bottom of the necklace revealing an upside down name.

B-E-A-U was written in pure silver script on the necklace.

"Beau," she read aloud. "My name is Beau."

This newfound knowledge rose Beau's as spirits enough to try to search for a way out.

It was bright in the forest making every color vivid. This didn't make Beau any less afraid through. Each step just seemed to cement the fact that she was lost.

Every tree looked the same to Beau's untrained hazel eyes. They had green leaves. The bark was mostly Brown except for some moss. Some parts of the ground were a little wet.

Nothing stood out to Beau.

She kept walking through trying not to lose hope. After all, the forest couldn't go forever. It had to end somewhere. Right?

A trail began forming where she was walking. The imprint of her slippers left designs on the ground. The hours ticked away slowly. The only movement saying time had passes was how the sun rose higher with her hour.

Beau was hurting through. Her feet ached unused to the heavy trod of the forest. It was obvious now to Beau she must have been privileged in some way. Beau's light ribbon slippers weren't made for walking long distances which showed with how Beau felt every stick and pebble. Her silk green dress was sleeveless and thin. The warmth eagerly spread over skin. It's long hem wasn't made for hikes either with the train gathering every speck of dirt imaginable.

By chance, Beau looked down.

Brown imprints of small feet echoed in rows ahead of her.

Beau's eyes watered in frustrated tears. Nothing was going right. She was lost and didn't know what to do.

Beau sat down on the fallen log in the middle and just cried.

Her sobs weren't as heavy as before but her shoulders trembled with the strain.

Beau's eyes were so blurred by her tears she didn't see the figure until it was right in front of her.

The only thing visible was the person's face. They were in a strange heavy armor that looked like leather with metallic ornaments. A red cape flowed behind the warrior held in place by strange shoulder pads.

"Why are you crying?" A somewhat deep voice asked.

The question went unanswered as the voice brought Beau into reality. She jumped off the log at the voice and sight of the warrior.

Beau blushed as she thought of what she looked like to this stranger. She hurriedly wiped her face with her forearm to clear the tear tracks. She tried to brush t he fallen debris off her dress all the while sniffling from crying.

The warrior must have felt sorry for poor Beau. That maybe why the next question was more gentle and soft.

"Who are you?" The voice came out significantly higher than before in an attempt to comfort.

"I think my name is Beau," she said just as soft as the warrior. "I'm not sure through." Beau suddenly remembered she was talking to a stranger.

"Who are you?" Her voice came out quieter in fear.

"A friend," was the simple phrase answered. The armored person lifted the steel helmet and auburn hair flew free angered by its confinement. Two pieces of arms were only a tug away from escaping and the long hair stopped at the waist. The face was decisively feminine with high cheekbones, full lips and long eyelashes.

She was a woman. The warrior was a woman.

"How are you unsure of your name? How do you know your current name then?" The woman inquired concerned.

"I don't think I'm from here. I don't even know where," Beau stopped at a loss for words. "Where where is. I have no clue how I even got here. What I do know is my necklace says Beau so I think that's my name." Beau tried to explain feeling embarrassed and awkward.

How could she not know these things?

The woman walked closer to Beau until they were almost eye to eye.

"My name is Mulan. Come with me," Mulan implored reaching out a leather gloved hand. "My friend and I can help you,"she added.

Beau took her hand gracefully and they walked toward Mulan 's camp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Currently rewriting so tell me what you think!