Status: Under Construction: Being Remodeled

Save Me

Chapter 2

The way to the camp seemed to be filled with twists and turns. The sun was lowering and the light lowered with it. Beau found her brown eyed gaze everywhere. Had she ever walked there before? Do all sunsets look so beautiful? Do forests truly need so many fallen debris?

Beau's thoughts caused her to pay less attention to the ground in front of her. Before Beau could notice, her slipper slipped on some mud. Beau closed her eyes bracing for impact but was caught by a strong something. To be more exact, a strong someone leading the way.

Strong yet lean arms had grasped her waist with a tight grip.

Beau opened her eyes to find herself face to face with Mulan.

Her face had lost its statue stillness at Beau's stumble. Mulan's brow had furrowed in concern and so had her lips. What had the most emotion was Mulan's brown eyes darker than Beau's but filled with worry.

Both women stood still for a moment unused to being so close to another.

Beau and Mulan stared at each other for a couple minutes at Mulan's instinct to reach out for Beau.

Beau looked down and saw the gloved hands on her waist.

She cleared her throat feeling Mulan still looking at her.

"Thank you," her voice came out a whispering.

Remembering her place, Mulan begrudgingly released her hold on Beau's waist.

Mulan shook her head and grasped Beau's wrist gently.

"You need to be more careful. No place is always safe especially not a forest," Mulan looked at Beau, the wood and Beau again.

Beau nodded at Mulan's advice.

Mulan released Beau and took a step back.

"We must go. Nowhere is safe at night."

This time Beau was more aware of her surroundings. She made sure to look at the ground and trees as they walked by. Mulan looked back once or twist to see if Beau was keeping the pace. Beau didn't notice the glances as she hurried by holding her dress higher.

Beau noticed the trees had started to become more spread out. The trees became less abundant in this part of the forest. They were almost evenly spaced now. The sun was mostly gone by now with its golden glow.

That's why she was surprised to see an orange light in the distance.

The orange color became brighter as they came closer.

The first thing Beau saw was a man.

He was covered in steel armor with a emblem of the sun. At the moment they came across him, Prince Philip was sitting on a fallen log roasting meat on the spit over the fire.

Beau paid less attention to Mulan's path now as they entered the campsite.

Prince Philip stood on attention when a glance revealed an unknown woman slightly behind Mulan. The woman walked over to Mulan until they were side by side. Philip noticed that she was a little smaller than Mulan. Beau stood near Mulan as close as she could. Philip saw the dark violet bruising on her face that looked tender. He relaxed his stance to calm down the stranger.

"Philip, I would like you to meet Beau. She doesn't remember who she is so Beau will be traveling with us," Mulan almost ordered Philip. She had spent time being the only one in charge and couldn't naturally sink into submission without time. While Mulan's face had gone hard as she spoke, her eyes looked soft in contrast conveying her need to save Beau.

Prince Philip knew he couldn't deny Mulan. She was already helping him find his Sleeping Beauty. Besides, he couldn't leave a defenseless alone. A prince looks out for his people and as of right now Beau needed that guidance.

Beau was also hurt. The bruise was too severe to have come from a branch. Philip could bet that someone had hit her and knocked her out. There was no way he could leave her in the unknown.

Philip faced a smile to both women and walked toward Beau. "I've always loved company. Isn't traveling better with more people?" He said charmingly.

"I am Prince Philip but please call me Philip," he introduced himself.

Beau smiled at Philip in greeting.

A weird feeling that made Mulan almost nauseous came to her stomach at the sight.

"Come. It is time to eat," Philip said heading back toward the fire.

Mulan and Beau followed him back to the fire where the meat was still cooking.

Philip took the meat out of the flames reach and cut it into thirds.

Everyone ate their share too hungry to have a real conversation.

Beau became drowsy after eating. Her eyes fluttered to fight falling asleep. In her half awake state, Beau could barely here Philip and Mulan talking near the lean to.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on now?" Philip inquired staring straight into Mulan's eyes.

"I did tell you,"Mulan's face remained passive during her response.

"May I ask for more detail?" Philip asked further remaining calm.

Mulan sighed. "Beau can't remember who she is. She doesn't even know where we are. Based on her clothes and jewelry, I believe she comes from a wealthy family, maybe royalty. Someone must've kidnapped her because there is no way that bruise came from a tree. Beau is in danger here. She is like Belle. Someone so innocent won't make it on their own. She needs people to protect her. I am willing. Are you?"

Philip took a heavy breath and grinned at Mulan.

"You know I can't leave a defenseless lady be."

The prince and warrior smiled at each other in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if you like the corrections. I want to hear you!