Status: Active for your Eyes

Seduced by Intention

Leaving

~Mercy's POV~

‘’Do you have to go?’’ Mavena whined, latching onto my arm. I frowned as I looked into her wide brown eyes that were filled with tears. My sister and I were really bonded but I had to go and she had to grow up without me by her side.

I nodded, speaking in a strained tone, ‘’I do, you know I have to.’’

‘’Yes, but why do you have to go so suddenly?’’ She said, more to herself than me.

‘’You know I have this power and you remember what happened the last time I used it. I have to go so that everyone in this house will be safe and more than anyone else, you,’’ I tried to reason.

‘’It was just once!’’ She cried before she added, ‘’and it’s been a month already. Did something else happen? Did you do it again?’’

‘’It wasn’t just once and that time you almost got killed,’’ I felt like I was breaking inside having to leave my younger sister, but I was the strong one. I always was and I had to be now.

‘’ I have to go. My flight is in an hour," I said, looking away at the sight of her tears.

‘’I'll miss you,’’ She choked, squeezing me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, letting her cry. I bit back my own tears, hurt to see my little sister slip from my fingers.

‘’I'll miss you too,’’ I whispered, rubbing her back. ‘’I'll keep in touch and I'll visit as often as I can, I promise.’’

She nodded, pulling away. ‘’I'll help you pack,’’ She mumbled, wiping her eyes and grasping my hand, dragging me up the stairs.

My world felt like it was caving in as I stood in front of the door of my bedroom. What if this was the last time I saw this door? The reality hit me hard. All my friends and even my family were going to be thousands of miles away. There was always the internet but I knew it wouldn’t be enough. That really tore at my heart.

We entered our room and she helped me pack all the things I needed…mostly clothes, shoes, jewelry, the new novels my sister bought for me yesterday as a gift, my laptop and some notebooks, pens and pencils. Once we were done packing, Mavena helped my carry my baggage downstairs were our whole family waited.

‘’Goodbye, Mavena,’’ I said to her and kissed her cheeks, pulling out of her embrace.

‘’Be careful there and don’t forget to Skype with me often," she whispered, tears falling again.

I turned quickly, before I decided to stay forever. It hurt me so much to leave her alone. My mother was sitting on the couch, not bothering to get up. I looked at her and she gave me a small smile filled with calmness and seriousness, like always. I was glad she wasn’t very emotional and that she had this type of character, otherwise I wouldn’t have been as strong as I am.

‘’We have to go,’’ my father stated and I looked at him before I said, ‘’I’m leaving,’’ to my mother.

As I walked towards the door where my father waited for me with my baggage, I heard my mother’s voice saying, ‘’be safe.’’

***

Riding on a plane proved to be something I hated even though I really liked traveling. It was quicker than driving, even though you obviously couldn’t drive across the sea, but the people you sat next to were always completely off the wall and the flight attendants were always all over you. At least that was my personal experience.

When the flight finally landed, I got up from my seat and went down the aisle. I didn’t like airports as well because they were so busy, hectic, and strict about everything. After I reached my destination, all I wanted to do was to sleep. The time zone was hours apart and I had so much sleep to catch up on with probably not much time to do so.

The school seemed pretty impressive from what I could see. I could make out the girls dorm across the paved road from the boys dorm, although I wasn't sure which one was which, or if they were even dorms. Well, they looked like dorms at least. There were several building scattered beyond that point, all separated by a single paved path. It wasn't luxurious, just red brick buildings. It reminded me of a college without the impressive beauty that most campuses liked to front.

‘’Now you have to go to that office right there, and the counselor will give you all the information you need to know as well as the key for your room,’’ The guard of the main gates said, pulling up to a smaller building. I smiled graciously before getting out and heading up the walkway.

I really hoped I didn't have a roommate. Besides my sister and close childhood friends, I was a person who would rather be alone. I used to get in disagreements with people a lot because I spoke my mind and acted as I wanted all the time. I would hate to cause even more fucking trouble by disagreeing with someone, but if someone stepped on my feet I wasn’t afraid to cause a scene.

‘’Mercy Tameless?’’ A woman asked, startling me. How did she know my name? ‘’That’s my Gift,’’ she stated as she smiled before she said, ‘’now follow me.’’ She had short, brown hair that barely reached her neck – just like my mother.

I nodded, pulling off a polite smile and taking my schedule from her. ‘’There's a map, your timetable, your room number, and your key in that envelope. The dress code and requirement sheets are in there too. Also, you will have a roommate and your room is no.167. I think that’s all so, have a good day," she said quickly, a nervous expression on her face.

I frowned and nodded, feeling deprived of much needed information, leaving the building and heading to the girls dorm. I could practically feel the stares on my back and the whispers of the people as I innocently tried to approach my dorm and hopefully take a nap. I didn't really care for anyone's opinions on me ever, and I usually didn't let them get to me, but I was exhausted and annoyed.

I was on the second floor of the dorm building. I made my way down the hallway to my room, slowly putting the key in. I couldn't help but hold my breath, hoping for the best. Thankfully the room was empty so I left my stuff in front of the bed which seemed to be mine since the other one was messy and after sitting upon it, I took out the things from the envelope.

I checked today’s schedule, seeing that the orientation was in half hour. I picked up my mobile phone and texted my sister that I was finally there. I refreshed my make-up and made my way to the auditorium.

Till now no one had spoken to me from the rest of the students which was quite nice if I had to say – I liked some lonely time. The speech had just started but I was so used to hearing those stuff that it was boring, and I was very tired from the trip that I decided to go back into my room. I only hoped my roommate had more important things to do than return to our room. I’d love to just sleep for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, I finally managed to shorten up my chapter. It had reached 4.000 words but it was way too boring so I took off things and changed it a lot. I hope you like it.

Comment | Rec | Sub
and I'll love you forever.

Till later,
~Marian.