Was I Ever On Your Wish List?

As It Was In The Beginning

Loud wails filled the air, and Cristopher smiled in relief. His daughter was born, she was alive. His Brandy smiled at him, murmuring the baby's name. He nodded, kissing the woman's palm before her eyes fluttered shut. He thought nothing of it until the alarming long beep cried out steadily. As they took his daughter away, he began to panic. His wife was dying, his mind registered quickly. The nurse ushered him outside, and he watched through the small window in the operaion room's door as they worked over Brandy, and then as a few minues later they slowly stopped.
"No, no, no, no, no...." He murmured, knowing the truth. Brandy, his wife of only a few months, was gone. He was only 18, and yet he felt a strong burden fall on his shoulders. He had a daughter, and he had a son. He had to take care of them. His dear children would never be dissappointed in him.
"Don't worry, Austin Jams Allen, and my sweet Ashley Elizabeth Rose, I will always take care of you." Cris promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a morbid way to start out, but trust me, it gets better. This is only a mere flash back to tell why Austin and Ashley are left motherless and are so close to their daddy.