Was I Ever On Your Wish List?

Can You Understand The Man I Am?

Austin Allen James Shumate.

I looked at my sister again, irriated.
"Ashley, you retard." I bite out at her, lifting my hand to hold onto the top bunk as we hit another pothole. She was so stupid when it came to trig, and it made me so mad because it really was easy. I showed her again how to work the problem, and this time she got it.
"Final-fucking-ly. Jesus, I hate having to teach you over the summer." She sneered at me, and made a remark about my English grade. Whatever, that teacher was stupid anyway. Our dad hit the curtain seperating the front of the semi and the back.
"Don't think I won't stop this truck and whip both your asses. Watch the language, AJ." He warned, and we both sighed. We had to tutor eachother over the summer if we had bad grades. It was a normal thing for me, because normally my sister cared enough about her grades that she wouldn't get a C in any class. She really sucked at math. I sucked at English, so we helped eachother out. It worked some days, and others were just like today.
Bethie, as we called my little sister, was back on her phone. She only had to spend an hour on her math, and it was finally up. I swear to God, I will never be a teacher. Ever. She paused and put her phone in her pocket, only to crawl up onto the top bunk and curl up in some covers beore getting her cell bakc out. She wasn't much of a social butterfly, but she coud be if she waned too. I waented her to get more out there, but when I told her so, she showed me her contact list. 427 people, and then I stopped complaining. My little sister knew more people than I did. Which, was understandable. She had at least 2 friends in every state, and about 100 that she still talked to from England, and probably a few from France, too. When we move to Mexico (because even though Dad hates mexicans, God knows we will), she'll probably get a hundred more. Bethie was cool, just not really in person. She's smart too, and is tri-lingual. I just wish she was more smart with people than she was with school. I love my family, and hoped we would stay on the road with Dad forever. maybe it's childish, but maybe it's just who I am.