Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

I forgot what I wanted to say

Josh's P.O.V

“We're young and in love, heart attacks waiting to happen
So come a little closer, tell me it's all in our heads
We're young and in love, heart attacks waiting to happen
So come a little closer, tell me those three little words”

“PERFECT! FUCK YEAH!” Matt tossed his drum sticks clear across the back room, they clattered as they hit the wall. I spun to face everyone who nodded in approval, Max rested his guitar on the floor and Oli jumped up and down.

“I'm so stoked to play this now, It's perfection.” He chimed, rushing forward and giving me a brief hug, I snickered.

“You act like it wasn’t beforehand anyways!” I joked, slowly letting him go and walking over to my phone that lay on the charger, I clicked on twitter.

Josh Franceschi
Underdog, just look at the mess you made.
Somewhere.
Tweets:530 Following:100 Followers: 1.2 M

Okay so maybe I had pissed of more people than I thought, last time I was on twitter I had 2M followers, but eh, their loss. Ignoring that fact, I clicked on the pen button, quickly typing out.

'Come see me and my boys at @bmthofficial @ The Leadmill tonight at 7. Doors 6:30, 5 quid entry. Bring it :P'

I hit tweet, before locking my phone and laying it back down, Oli sat down on the floor as he took a sip of water. I walked over before plopping down myself,

“I made a post about our show…help it helps. You all deserve to play for thousands, not hundreds.” He handed me the water with a smile,

“I appreciate it.” He stated as I took a swig of the cold liquid.

“Oi, earth to Oli and Josh!” we both snapped our heads up. Max was standing a few feet behind us, shaking his head.

“2 hours till we leave, get yourselves dolled up, and lets go.” Oli and I groaned in unison, earning a chuckle from my band mate.

“I call shower first!” I cried out, quickly jumping up from my spot and rushing to the bathroom, Oli chased me, yelling “No fair!”
I halted as I got to the door, “You want to go first love?” I asked him quietly, he shook his head and stuck out his tongue.

“No, you stink. You can go first.” He chimed, coming forward and briefly pressing his lips to mine, I tiredly kissed back.

“Hurry up though.” He pleaded, before turning away and dashing back down the hall, leaving me to find a way to make myself look presentable. What a chore.

-*-

“We’re playing a show, because we’re fucking broke, I’ve ate ramen for weeks, and I’ve slept on the streets!” Matt was singing obnoxiously loud as he removed his gear from the van and loaded it in the building. His songs were quite amusing, everyone in our general area was either trying to stop the tears from falling or catch their breath from too much laughter. I felt arms encircle me, so I snapped my head around; Oli was resting his head on the back of my shoulder, his eyes peacefully closed. I chuckled, laying my arms over his and gently rocking back and forth.

“I’m nervous.” He admitted, his eyes still shut, but I knew what lay behind his eyelids was anxiety and exhaustion; I squeezed his arm.

“No need to be, you’re going to do great; just like always.” I assured him; he opened his eyes before standing on his tip toes and kissing my cheek.

“Aren’t you two cute?” Matt Kean cooed, and I instantly blushed. To be honest I had forgotten they were standing there. Oli and I had been rather touchy today I suppose, especially after our date. Which went perfectly might I add, we ate at a nice Pub, went on a walk through town, and sat next to a small pond for a good hour; it was relaxing. Oli and I had finally opened up to each other a bit more, he told me a bit about his past and the reasons why he got kicked out of his home. I couldn’t fathom it all, Oli, precious perfect innocent Oli used to be a suicidal drug addict. It made me sick, I never imagined someone who was so happy looking to have been at such a low, but I guess I can't say much for myself. I was supposed to be an icon, an idol to kids, and in all reality I was a horrible influence. Hiding scars and angry cuts under my clothes, and wearing a pretentiously fake smile on my face. I had lived a lie, and ignored it for so long that I lost who I was somewhere along the way, but now was my time. It was time for me to show the world what I was made of, to show the world who I truly was, and I was going to make a point with it.

“Doors just opened, let’s go warm up.” Oli pestered, grabbing my hand and leading me into the back of the building.

“Want to go sneak a peek and see what the turnout is?” I inquired, stopping before we went to the dressing room, he nodded. We traipsed our way down the thin hallway. When we made it to the stage, I peaked around the corner as did Oli; my jaw dropped. Packed, the venue was already packed, and a long line was at the door, Oli squeezed my hand.

“How…oh my god Josh this sick!” Oli squealed, turning around and giving me a bone crushing hug. I laughed, hugging him back.

“Oli you deserve this!” I pulled him closer, his head fell in the crook of my neck but I felt him grin.

“I couldn’t have done it without you though…” he whispered, lacing his arms around my torso.

“Nonsense.” I replied, leaning down and kissing the top of his head. “Now let’s go warm up.”

“Right.” He retorted, letting go of me and grabbing my hand again. We made our way to the back room, and plopped ourselves down on the small couch. We went through a few warm ups, but mainly goofed off the whole time.

“Well well, did you see this place? It's fucking packed!” Matt Barnes strode through the door, throwing his hands up in the air with a smile, mine and Oli’s band mates followed closely behind him.

“YES! It’s mental!” I jeered, standing up from the couch and hugging everyone,

“Well…Guys…we have a bit of a favor to ask!” Vegan clapped his hands together, eying us awkwardly.

“And that would be?” Dan replied, pursing his lips. The room went silent and my band mates and I eyed the group who chuckled amongst themselves.

“Well…if we let you all…use our gear…would you…” Oli chuckled again,

“Spit it out will you!” I slapped my face, the anticipation getting the better of me.

“Play Reckless? I just want you all to have a bit of the spot light tonight, and I know you’re all itching to play something…so I figured we’d ask…” Oli wrapped it up, I nodded slowly before turning to face my band mates, they grinned and gave me thumbs up.

“Sure!” I answered, turning back around and giving my best smile, which everyone returned.

“Great, your on in five!” Oli exclaimed,

“SHIT! Let’s go warm up and get used to their gear!” Dan cried out before running out of the door, everyone else followed but I stayed behind.

“Uh…thanks.” I replied,

“No problem, we will be watching side stage, be ready to come back out during Fuck!” Matt added, waving me off. I nodded, before making my way towards the stage, pausing before the curtain and grabbing an ear piece and clipping the other part on my belt, I bounced up and down.

“Hey Josh!” Dan called, I waved him over, but he sat still on the throne before the drum kit.

“LET’S TEAR IT UP!” he shouted wildly, before starting up a low beat, I glanced to my left to see a tech of the venue turn down the lights, loud cheers resounded throughout the building.

“Kill it Josh!” Oli came up behind me, slapping me on the butt. I blushed, and gave him a smirk, here goes nothing! I grabbed a mic before parading onto the stage, taking in the vibes of the people around me who cheered even louder than before. I hopped up on a riser that was at the head of the stage, before glancing down at the crowd below me. A new energy had found me, whenever I had performed before this, I was stale, did my job and left, but this time, I was actually happy.

“What the fuck is up Sheffield?” I hollered into the mic, the crowd roared back at me.

“Aha, We’re You Me At Six! Though we will only be playing one song tonight, I at least want to see some energy from you lot!” I wrapped my speech up as the guitar riffs kicked in, I stuck a finger up, before moving it in a circle.

“I can't tell you what to do, but you know!” I joked, and was actually pleased when the crowd complied. As soon as the circle had formed, it was my time to sing, I took a deep breath before launching myself into my work. Jumping up and down, jumping off the risers, running over to fuck with Max, all in all; enjoying myself.

“You never…” I stretched the last word out, grinning as the crowd erupted into a loud round of cheers.

“Thank you, thank you! Next time we will play more songs! Now…who’s ready for Bring Me?!” I shouted, holding the mic out to the crowd.

“Catch you all in a few!” I winked, before trotting off stage and behind the curtain.

“Bloody Brilliant, mates!” Max exclaimed, patting us all on the back.

“You did awesome!” Matt Nicholls cheered as he rushed the stage to assume his spot at the drums, Lee, and Vegan followed suit.

“Guess I have to go back!” Max laughed, hugging me briefly before rushing back on stage, I felt a small tap on my shoulder. When I turned around I was happy to see Oli, he was grinning like mad.

“You did amazing, Josh.” He commended, before pressing a kiss to my cheek and darting off to the stage, I touched my cheek as I watched him yell at the crowd.

“Aw, someone’s in love!” Matt swooned, making mock kissing noises.

“Oh belt up!” I pouted, but he laughed it off.

“LET’S FUCK!” Oli’s shrill screams cut off our conversation, and I had to mentally prep myself to go back out there, it was insane! I was so nervous even though I had just played a song myself!

“Quit your worrying and get ready! You’ll do great!” Chris commented, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I took a deep breath, I had to do good, this was Bring Me’s biggest show from what I can tell, and I couldn’t let them or their fans down.

“How do you say good bye when you’ve hardly said hello?” Chris, Dan and Matt sang along, I thought it was actually funny that they were all die hard Bring Me fans, and now we’re friends with them and playing a show with them. I held a finger up, as I turned my mic to 20 percent, and began to sing my part from behind the curtain. After the first verse, I turned it all the way up and ran out on the stage. The crowd went wild, I sang the verse once again as I darted back and forth on the stage. Before I repeated it for the third time I felt Oli grab my hand, and help me up on the riser. He maintained our contact, him ducking down low to finish out his screams, while I held my hand and the mic up high, singing the words for the last time.

“We're young and in love, heart attacks waiting to happen
So come a little closer, tell me it's all in our heads
We're young and in love, heart attacks waiting to happen
So come a little closer, tell me those three little words!”

The crowd’s loud round of yells made it obvious that they had liked our performance; I hopped off the riser, giving Oli a hug and secretly planting a kiss on the top of his head, before waving and exiting the stage. Could tonight get any better?
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of suck at writing show scenes, sue me :O
Any ways, I'm sorry if there are spelling mistakes, its really late/early here and I haven't slept in days. lol

PLEASE LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK!

XOXO
Siren