Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

I woke up the next morning and I didn't see it coming

Oli's P.O.V

“Love, I'm home with the candles!” I shouted as I pushed open our door, noting how the lights were back on. “Oh, guess we don’t need these then…” I sighed as I locked the door behind me and went to the kitchen, Josh was sitting at the table; his hair was still bone dry but his shirt had been discarded of. He looked a bit off,

“Baby?” I muttered as I laid the bags on the counter, he blinked a few times before looking over at me.

“Hm? Sorry…I must have zoned out when you left.” He admitted whilst biting his lip, his eyes cast downwards.

“Is everything okay, love?” I muttered as I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around his, he didn’t move.

“Yeah, everything's fine, really.” He smiled but it didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“If you say so,” I mumbled as I pressed a kiss to his lips, he didn’t kiss back.

-*-

“Joshy, do you want to go to dinner tonight before we go to Max’s?” I kissed the top of his head as I cleaned up the living room. He was stretched out on the couch watching some film,

“Uhm…I don’t really think I want to go out tonight.” I stopped what I was doing and frowned at him,

“What do you mean? Are you okay? Every since I got home you have been acting funny…” I shifted uncomfortably.

“No, I really haven’t.” he stated with a hint of agitation,

“Uhm…yes you have. Jeesh, what’s with the attitude?” I grunted, this wasn’t like Josh at all. Today was supposed to be a good day, it had been a good day; why was he acting like this?

“I don’t have a problem!” Josh stood up from the sofa and threw down the remote, before storming towards our bedroom, “I need some space okay? You’re smothering me, Oli!” with that he slammed the door; I heard it lock in place.

Smothering him? What had I done?

I felt tears sting my eyes as I continued to stare at the door, long after it was shut. I felt guilty for some reason, though in all reality I hadn’t done anything wrong. Josh was just stressed, that’s all there was too it. I tried to reason with myself but it only frustrated me more; I turned back to the kitchen and angrily punched the door frame; before slamming my head into it. I rested my forehead against the wood and let the tears fall from my eyes. This wasn’t fair, I had done nothing but been nice to him and this is how he treated me? Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea…

-*-

“Let me in,” I seethed as I beat on the door for the hundredth time, I heard a loud groan before the door swung open.

“What part of I need space do you not understand?!” he hollered, as he backed away from the door enough to let me in, he shut it after me.

“What the fuck is your problem, Josh? I'm gone for an hour and I come home to you being a complete arse to me! What have I done?” I threw my hands up defensively as he crossed his arms.

“Nothing, I just need time to think and I can't do that with you breathing down my neck all the time!” he shouted.

“We live together! Where am I supposed to go? Is it such a crime that I want to be close to my boyfriend?” it came out sounding angry, but on the inside I felt like I was ready to burst into tears.

“Will you go out tonight? I just want time to myself Oli…I don’t think that’s much to ask!” he plopped down on our bed, I bit my tongue.

“Fine.” I stated harshly before parading into our bathroom and slamming the door shut. I turned the water in the shower on the hottest setting and quickly stripped; I was desperately trying not to cry. As soon as my feet hit the icy tub and the scolding water hit my skin I choked; before falling to my knees. This wasn’t right, why was Josh pushing me away so much? My skin itched for some sort of venting, which was something I hadn’t felt in quite some time. As much as I wanted to give in to the temptation, I knew better. This was just a passing phase; things were going to be okay…we were going to be okay. Hopefully.

-*-

“Be back later sweetie…” I called into the apartment before shutting the door and walking to the elevator. Josh hadn’t spoken to me for the rest of the day, which was disheartening. Maybe he did need space, nothing wrong with that. I finally made it to my van and climbed in, I absentmindedly turned the radio on as I started to drive the short distance to Max’s house. Upon arrival, I noted how everyone else’s cars were already outside, along with a few I didn’t quite recognize. I exited my vehicle in a huff before making my way over to the front door and knocking vigorously.

“Hello?” a small voice piped up as a small dark haired woman opened the door.

“Oh! You must be Oli! Come on in!” she stepped aside and held the door open for me, I quietly thanked her.

“Can I take your coat?” she inquired as she held her arms out,

“You don’t have too…” I muttered, but she giggled.

“Of course I don’t silly! I'm just being polite! Max and the boys are down the hall,” I reluctantly slid my coat off and handed it to her, she placed it on a hanger before sliding it in the closet.

“I'm Hannah by the way! I've heard a lot about you, I'm also Jordan’s cousin!” she extended her hand out to me, it was covered in elaborate tattoos, I quietly shook it.

“Love your ink!” she exclaimed as she gripped onto my hand and examined it,

“Aw, well thank you.” I stated calmly, for some reason talking to her wasn’t awkward at all, I guess she was just one of those people whom talking too was easy.

“I'm a tattoo artist actually! Sorry if I creeped you out, I just love seeing other peoples work!” she smiled as she dropped my hand.

“No worries, yours are also extremely beautiful.” I commented as we walked towards the sound of loud music, she grinned.

“Thank you, I appreciate that, Oli.” She replied as she opened the door to a room in which I hadn’t been, it had a staircase going downwards; a basement.

“After you!” she waved her hand down,

“Why, thank you again.” I smiled before descending the staircase,

“Who’s here?” Max called out, his speech was slightly slurred, obviously he was drunk. I laughed while I rounded the corner and entered the room, it was painted a deep red, with the Arsenal FC Logo displayed on the back wall, sports memorabilia decorated the walls, along with banners of bands and posters of women. Definitely, a man cave. All eyes fell on me as I waved awkwardly,

“It’s Ollehhhhh!” Matt cried out excitedly as he let go of his girlfriends shoulders and came to give me a hug, he nearly fell.

“Take it easier there, mate!” I wailed as he fell into my arms, nearly sending me flying backwards.

“Where’s your other half?” Chris called out mockingly, I shook my head as I pried Matt off of me while his girlfriend gripped his arm and dragged him back to the couch.

“He isn’t coming…” I muttered awkwardly as I rubbed my hands together, the room got quiet.

“You’re kidding…” Jordan stated as he poured a drink and handed it off to who I presumed was his wife.

“No…he has been acting weird since we got home…” I whispered as I took a seat on a fold out chair,

“Trouble in paradise already?” Lee questioned as he sat his cup down, I sighed.

“I don’t know…” I think my voice hinted that this subject was starting to make me upset because everyone sent me sympathetic glances before returning to a debate on football.

“Would you like a drink?” the same small voice from earlier inquired, as a hand rested on my shoulder.

“I have to drive…so maybe just a beer or something. I can get it,” I went to stand up but the hand held me in place,

“Nonsense, sounds like you’ve had a rough day; allow me!” Hannah giggled as she went to the small bar and grabbed a bottle of ale, and a mug; she came back with both of the objects held tightly in her hands.

“Here ya go, twist off caps are still kind of hard for me to get off…sorry!” I laughed as I took it from her,

“No problem, you’re a tiny thing so no wonder! Thank you though.” I twisted the cap off with ease and poured it into the glass, sitting the empty bottle on the floor. The rest of the evening wasn’t very eventful, we talked sports, music and did a few toasts to our careers. Everyone was shit faced except myself who only drank one beer, and Hannah who didn’t drink a thing; she instead waited on everyone. Which was admirable when you were dealing with 8 drunk British men, and 5 particularly loud women, but she didn’t seem to mind. I called Josh from Max’s phone a few times but he didn’t answer, maybe I really did do something to piss him off.

“I think I'm going to leave.” I said as I picked up the old bottle and tossed it into the garbage,

“Awh…do you have too?” Dan whined, as everyone added in comments of their own.

“Yeah…I'm getting worried about Josh.” I stated as I folded the chair up and laid it against the wall,

“Alright, mate! Give us a call if ya need anything!” Max waved as I awkwardly waved back, as did everyone else.

“It was nice to meet you, Oli! Be seeing you!” Hannah smiled, I smiled back before ascending the stairs and exiting the basement. I grabbed my coat and fished the keys out of their pocket before exiting into the cold air. I made it to my van in a few seconds, but stopped when I noticed a piece of paper on the windshield, I grabbed it before unfolding it.

“AND I’M…” I read aloud, confusion roused in my head, what was that supposed to mean?

I ignored it and shoved it in my pocket as I hopped in the van and started the trek back to the apartment. After twenty boring minutes I made it to the complex, I pulled my van in the front before rushing inside to escape the cold winter air,

“Evening Oli!” my land lady waved as she straightened up a few books on the shelves that lined the entry way,

“Mrs. Ross! It’s 2 am! What are you doing up?” I questioned as I watched her try to lift a box up, I beat her to the punch, helping her rest it on the shelf.

“Thank you sweetie, and I guess I couldn’t sleep. Where did that friend of yours go too?” I raised an eyebrow,

“What friend?” I bit my lip as I waited for her response.

“Tall, handsome lad, minus all those tattoos! He didn’t sound like he was from here, he was blonde too!” I felt my heart lunge forward,

“Oh…I didn’t know he came by…” I muttered as I bawled my fist up.

“Yeah, he didn’t talk much though; well anyways I think I'm going to try to sleep! Get some sleep yourself Oli! Tell Josh I said hello!” she waved as she put the latter in a small closet and walked down the hall. Jona! That bastard! I rushed down the narrow hall and into the elevator. After a short wait, I made it to the 8th floor; as soon as it opened up I ran too my door, sticking my key in and unlocking it; a note fell to the ground.

“SO SORRY…”

Nothing prepared me for what I saw when the lights came on, or more like what I didn’t see.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think has happened here? I'd like to know C;

BTW, THIS IS THE HALFWAY POINT IN THIS STORY! Im sure you have noticed, but these (the chapter titles) are all lines from No one does it better, so were halfway through the song without repeating! I have a lot planned to happen between now and the end! Hope your in this for the long haul ;D

OH AND!!!
There's a story I want you all to check out, its Fransykes! CHECK IT! :D

http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/541419/First-Impressions/

It's Amazing thus far, and deserves some love! So leave a comment on it or SUB/REC!

Thank you to my amazing 75 subscribers, you all are the reason I do what I do :D &lt;3

ARSENAL &lt;3 had to incorporate it!

leave some feedback!?

Xoxo
Siren