Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

Oh, my head's going to explode

Josh's P.O.V

“Tyler…can you hangout by any chance? I really need to get out of my house for a bit.” I shuddered as I stepped out of my house and locked the door in place. My dad’s work schedule was sporadic, but he didn’t usually come back until after 5 from what I could recall. Being 10 AM, I figured the least I could do is get out of the house and clear my head, and that’s when Tyler popped in my head. I heard him chuckle on the other line,

“It’s ten on a week day, Josh! Don’t you think people have jobs?” I laughed awkwardly, honestly I had forgotten most people work the typical nine to five gig.

“Sorry, it didn’t cross my mind.” I admitted awkwardly,

“Well lucky for you, I'm off today! I can meet you at Loco’s Coffee in ten?” I smiled to myself,

“Yeah, see you soon!” I ended the call and felt relief was over me. I needed to get out, I needed time to think things over; and I couldn’t do that cooped up in my house when I felt as depressed as I did. I numbly walked the short distance to the café, greeting a few familiar faces along the way. When I arrived, I plopped down on the bench outside, waiting for Tyler to show. A few people passed by and said hello, which I returned without thought; but one group stood out from the rest. A group of 3 girls, all wearing t-shirts with lyrics from a certain song…and my name brandished on the top; the lot eyed me curiously before bounding over to me in joy. I had to steel myself for what was to happen, I was never good at talking to people; and how was I supposed to act around people that undoubtedly, worshipped the ground I walked on? More importantly, why would they do that when it was almost obvious to see that even I didn’t want to be in my shoes?

“Hi,” I greeted awkwardly as they came to a halt in front of me, they were dolled up quite a bit, but I could tell they were hardly 16, young, yet old enough to not be forced into school like most of the younger crowds. They each wore a significant amount of makeup though, enough to make them appear like they were at least in their early twenties, but I knew better.

“Hi, uhm we were wondering if we could…” they giggled collectively, which earned a raised eyebrow from me. “Take a picture with you?” they laughed a bit more, clearly nervous about the situation. I nodded my head tiredly, any sudden motion sent a shock of pain down my body; but I couldn’t let anyone else see that. I stood up from my spot as one girl pulled out a camera, the other stepping back with her, I wrapped my right arm around the closet one.

“Smile!” her friend shrieked as she snapped the picture, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I stared blankly at the camera as the shutter went off, the girls switched places until everyone had their own shots.

“Thank you so much! We love you!” They all hugged me tightly and I had to bite my tongue in order not to cry out from the sheer agony my body was in. I knew it was wrong of me too be so…distant with people who had once made me who I was, so I mustered all the happiness I could and hugged them back.

“Thank you all, I love you guys too.” I said quietly which earned shrill screams from the girls as they pranced down the road in amusement; I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Big shot, aren’t ya?” I spun around and smiled at the familiar face, Tyler wore a smug grin on his lips as he tried to hold back a laugh.

“I didn’t really realize who you were the other day, but I guess it’s good that I didn’t. I can imagine that, that…” he pointed in the direction in which the girls had fled, “get’s old really quick.” I shook my head slightly,

“Yeah, sometimes.” I rubbed my hands together as the winter chill finally started to set in, wearing a leather jacket could only keep you so warm.

“Want to go inside, or would you rather walk around for a bit then come back?” he questioned as he shrugged off his black pea coat and handed it to me.

“You can even wear one of my coats,” he grinned as I took it quietly and slipped it on, it was a bit big on me but otherwise, it was warm.

“Thank you; let’s walk around if you don’t mind. I haven’t been home in a long time.” He nodded his head and brushed the hair out of his face as he took off his scarf, he offered it to me.

“I'm kind of hot and…you have bruises on your neck.” He stated it as if it was the most normal sentence in the world, but I felt my stomach drop. I grabbed it from his hands and tied it firmly in place.

“Uhm…” I began but he shook his head,

“No need to explain, if you want to talk about it you can, but I'm not one to pry.” He smiled sadly,

“Thanks,” I replied quietly. I stared at his neck for a moment, in place of normal skin color, it was a beautifully ornate coffin with red roses wrapping around the sides with spider webs dusting over them.

“Hurt like a bitch!” he cried out as he grabbed his neck dramatically and laughed.

“Well I bet, id never get a tattoo on my neck!” I snickered as I started to walk off and down the road; he caught up to me in no time.

“So I know I said I wouldn’t pry, but Josh….” His voice trailed off as we crossed the street, I turned my head over my shoulder so that I could see him. He tucked his lip ring inward and exhaled,

“Why were you so…upset…last night?” he questioned as we continued to walk down the street, I laughed awkwardly.

“It’s such a long story…” I reasoned as we crossed another road until we were at a park, I hopped up on a picnic table, Tyler followed suit.

“Well, tell me the highlights of it.” He stated as he cracked his knuckles, I sighed.

“Uh…I met someone, in Sheffield.” I smiled to myself as the memory came flooding back to me, “He…came to a meet and greet at one of my gigs…and he,” I chuckled, “Dumped a bottle of cold water on my head. Cursed me out and told me I was a sellout piece of shit; but despite that, god, he was so beautiful.”

“Go on,” Tyler urged as he turned his attention to me, I relaxed back on the table, using my hands to keep myself propped up. The sun warmed my skin from the cold air as I breathed in deeply. “Well, I quit that night. I figured he was right, because I really wasn’t happy in the position I was in, so I lost everything. I was left without a home, and only 10 quid to my name; what a mess it was. Somehow I found him, in a field by a cliff; we had a heated conversation, and I almost did something stupid, I almost jumped off the cliff.” Tyler gawked at me, but didn’t say anything. “So, after a long bout of things, we ended up sleeping in his van every night, I didn’t know it at first, but he had nowhere to go either. We met some friends, he was in a band, and then, well more like now, so am I. We got signed to Epitaph recently, and bought a place together…but it kind of made me realize that…I was holding him back.” I closed my eyes before the newly formed tears could spill over, “He could have anyone, ya know? He’s just one of those people that is so…perfect, a man, woman, dog, cat, I don’t care; he could make anyone fall in love with him.” Tyler chuckled when I did,

“So, you really don’t think your good enough for him? Why’s that? You're incredibly nice, definitely handsome, and sound just like a gentlemen…so what’s the deal?” he questioned, as he reclined back in the same position as I.

“You said you didn’t want to hear the whole story, only the main points. Just know…he’s too great for the likes of me. And I want him to find better, I've hurt him too much.” I tried to make it make sense in my head, but after what Tyler said…it wasn’t adding up like it should.

“I know you’re not saying it all, but I can tell you just made a revelation. You’re not half as bad as you think, Josh. Millions would leap at the chance to be on your arm, cut yourself some slack! What you need to do is mull it over, think on it, sleep on it and see if it still makes sense to you. If you love someone, you don’t always have to set them free…sometimes, sticking around is worth it in the end.”

“But I’ve already done and said too much…he wouldn’t take me back. And I don’t think I could be with him again, I can't risk dragging him down with me. His life just got started anew, he needs to find himself, not fall into a black hole.” I explained, Tyler grunted at me.

“You keep telling yourself that, Franceschi. Just let me know when you actually believe it.” He stated gruffly as he hopped up from the table and stared intently at the sky above. I couldn’t help but do the same.

-*-

Oli's P.O.V

“Weybridge, duh, that’s where he’s from! So we just need to catch the next tram out!” Max exclaimed as we bustled down the streets that were slightly crowded, I nodded my head.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Jordan stated as he pointed towards the train station, I sighed but followed the group without another word.

“Oli? You okay?” Tom asked as he looped his arm around mine and gave it a squeeze, I patted his hand with my free one.

“Yeah I will be, Tommy. This is just exhausting.” I explained as we descended the stair case to the station grounds.

“One, two, three…” Hannah spun around and counted everyone up; Jordan’s wife, Emma, was tending to the mess we left at the house. Whilst everyone else’s girlfriends took a shopping trip, Hannah insisted that she came along for support. Which I was grateful for, she had been a big help in mapping this plan out from start to finish, and she had my gratitude for that; she smiled before facing the ticket booth.

“We need 11 passes for the next train to Weybridge.” She stated calmly, the teller shot her an odd look before tallying it up.

“70 quid.” She stated and held her hand out, we all dug in our pockets and handed off crumpled notes, the lady scoffed.

“Uh, keep the change!” Hannah exclaimed as she snatched the tickets from the less than pleasant lady and handed them off to us. I elbowed her in the side jokingly,

“Stop, she’s still watching!” she whined as we walked to our gate.

“Well, it’s the moment of truth guys. Let’s go find Josh!” Dan cheered as we stepped over the thresh hold and entered the tube,

“I hope we do, we have a lot to talk about…” I whispered as I took a seat, Tom sat down to my left and Hannah my right. Everyone else sat across from us,

“We will, Oli. Have faith.” Matty chimed as he shot me a reassuring look and a smile, one that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

Maybe I'd have faith if he could at least practice what he preached.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you thinks going to happen? :O I wanna know whatcha think! There are tons of possibilities, but I already have a plan ;D I wanna see how close you all can come to it.

Leave me something? And answer my question?

Xoxo
Siren