Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

I'd give this world another try

Josh's P.O.V

“That’s a wrap! Good work lads! Same time next Friday!” our producer clapped his hands together as he ushered us out of the small studio booth, we quietly thanked him as we climbed the stairs back up to the lobby.

“Oli, cheer up will you?” I heard Matt Nicholls mumble as we pushed past Bring Me, Oli and I exchanged an awkward glance as he descended the stairs. It wasn’t like part of me didn’t long to reach out and grab him, but reason outweighed my thinking. I was thoroughly convinced that I was no good for him, and I promised myself that I would never speak to him again. It killed me to know that I found love and that I had to let it go, but I had priorities; and killing Oli wasn’t one of them.

“Hey cutie,” I heard the familiar voice and instantly dragged myself out of my slump; I smiled as my eyes met those of my friend's.

“Tyler! You made it! Did you hear us play?” he nodded his head before giving me a quick hug, my band mates stood awkwardly off to the side.

“I did, you all were phenomenal! Sorry I haven’t introduced myself, I'm Tyler.” He extended his hand out to Dan who shook it before going down the line and finishing up the hellos.

“Well, I figured I could treat us all to lunch…if you’d like that is!” Tyler exclaimed as he held the glass door that lead outside open for us, I slipped outside and stood beside him as my friends followed out.

“We would but we have to go shopping, our ladies told us it’s a must…” Matt slapped himself in the face while the others agreed, Max shook his head.

“I'm scared!” he proclaimed as he shot us a smirk, we all laughed loudly in unison.

“Some other time for sure! I don’t often come to London, it’s a bit of a hike!” Tyler sighed as he smiled at us,

“Feel free to crash at mine tonight if you’d like! We are all staying there! It’s in Sheffield though,” Max offered as he gave me a quick hug,

“I may take you up on that, thank you, Max.” he smiled before giving me an awkward glance.

“Lunch, Josh? Or are you busy too?” Tyler raised an eyebrow at me,

“Of course I'm not busy, I invited you, you knobhead!” I exclaimed as I slapped him on the back of the head playfully, he blushed.

“Right, any who, it was nice to meet you lot! Be seeing you!” Tyler waved before dragging me down the street.

“Where are we going?” I whined impatiently, he shook his head.

“A surprise.” He commented as he pulled me through the small crowds of people, after several minutes of walking, he covered my eyes.

“Ta da!” he said as he let go of his hold and pointed at the large neon sign, my stomach flipped as I took it in.

“Sally’s Diner.” I mumbled, suddenly feeling like I was on the verge of a breakdown. Tyler didn’t seem to notice as he continued his way inside the packed restaurant. It was an exact replica of the one in Sheffield, down to the lighting and tiled floor.

“Two of us,” Tyler instructed the server who led us to the back, I frowned as she seated us in a seat close to the display case. In the same spot Oli and I had sat in the one in his home town.

“You look pale…” Tyler commented as he handed me a menu, I shook my head.

“I'm..I’m…” I bit my lip but couldn’t suppress the emotion that was boiling inside of me, I buried my head in the table and covered it with my arms before letting it all out.

“Josh!” Tyler cooed as he reached across the table and grabbed my arm, I sobbed harder into the frigid wooden table.

“I miss him so much!” I cried out, and a little louder then I would have liked but I couldn’t help it. I missed Oli, I missed my best friend, I missed my boyfriend…I missed every aspect of him and I couldn’t find a reason why.

“You love him, don’t you?” Tyler asked as he smoothed down my hair, I choked.

“Yes.” I answered hoarsely, feeling the tears pool on the cool surface beneath me.

“Oh Josh, please…please stop crying and listen to me…” he begged, gripping my hand and urging me to pry myself off of the table, I reluctantly complied.

“He was the brunette one right? Lots of tattoos, not too tall but not too short, extremely thin?” he raised an eyebrow as he tightened his grip on my hand, almost like I would run away. I winced at the pressure he was putting on my still sore skin, it had only been a week since I left Weybridge, and my skin was still raw and bruised from my incident.

“Yeah…that’s my…that’s Oli.” I commented as I wiped the tears from my eyes, carefully to avoid the cut on my cheek; he made a noise of acknowledgement.

“He loves you so much Josh, I could see it in his eyes; he looked completely lost. He looked tired and hurt and scared…Josh why don’t you talk to him?” Tyler pried as he shooed the waitress off once again, she gave an aggravated grunt.

“I can't,” I explained, but he didn’t seem satisfied.

“Please…” he pleaded, giving me the best puppy dog eyes he could muster but I still shook my head. I couldn’t return to Oli and ask for forgiveness; I couldn’t do that to him again. I absentmindedly rubbed my arms as we finally ordered our drinks. I made sure I ran my hands along my wrists just hard enough to draw blood to the surface. I couldn’t return to Oli’s side, I had done something that would make him hate me all the more…I broke my promise to him. Why was it so comforting to slice open my own skin?

-*-

Oli's P.O.V

“Say cheese!” Hannah cried out as she snapped yet another picture of us as we filed out of the booth, Jordan gave his cousin a quick hug.

“What’s with all the pictures?” I questioned as she scrolled through the images on the camera, showing the keyboardist who looked more than amused.

“I taught her how to use it and now she won’t stop! There’s probably a million pictures of me on there because I was her ‘muse at the time.’” Tom whined as he came over and gave me a hug, I desperately clung to him.

“I'm so happy to see you again, I didn’t think you’d come back…” I admitted as I let him out of my arms,

“Nah, when you texted me I came straight here, cause I'm 18, ya know? Mum and dad have to learn how to cut the umbilical cord! Plus, Hannah called and begged me to lie so that I could come out and show her how to shoot.” He laughed awkwardly as he shot the woman a playful glare, she waved it off.

“She’s something else,” I mumbled as I returned my attention back to my friends,

“What’s the plan today? Oh let me guess, were going out to do things to take my mind off of him and so that you all can keep an eye on me so I don’t relapse…joy.” I groaned as they all nodded whilst trying to hold back laughs.

“Great,” I mumbled as they led me out the door and into the now warming streets of London,

“Come on! It will be funny Olibear!” Nicholls cooed as he pinched my cheeks harshly before practically prancing down the road,

“I worry about you sometimes, pickles!” I shouted after him, successfully earning the finger.

“He’s a mess,” Lee mumbled before making a bee line to tackle the drummer, Jordan and Kean raced to help subdue the now screaming man.

“Tom, take a picture!” Jordan shouted as he pinned my best friend to the ground with his legs, Matt faked a cry.

“Got it!” my brother returned before shooting me a playful glance as he skipped down the street, camera in hand.

“20 something going on 3, eh?” Hannah commented as she leaned against the outside of the studio, I chuckled.

“Definitely,” I agreed as I stretched out my back, groaning as it popped in protest.

“How you doing today? I mean, how are you holding up?” she questioned as she let out a tired yawn, I shrugged.

“Still hurts like hell, but if he really doesn’t want to be in my life…then it’s his loss.” I lied through my teeth, it was my loss too. I lost a huge part of myself when he walked out of my life, and I feared for his safety…not only from whoever was hurting him, but from himself.

“That’s great news…in a way…I hope you find peace with this, Oli. I really do.” She smiled brightly as my band mates and brother continued to goof off in the middle of the sidewalk, angering anyone who tried to pass by them.

“Yeah, me too…thank you, Hannah.” I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and brought her in for a hug, she laughed as she returned it.

“Not a problem, helpful Hannah is helpful.” She joked as she slugged me in the shoulder, I snickered at her.

“Indeed Indeed, she is she is!” I returned in mock of her voice, she pouted.

“Loser,” she jeered as she stuck her tongue out, I couldn’t help but smile at her childlike behavior.

“Yeah, yeah.” I added as I dragged her down the street and towards everyone,

“Oi, break it up will ya!” I seethed as I lightly kicked them all in the ribs, they groaned but complied without further protest.

“Where too?” Vegan questioned as he stared at the many buildings around us, I shrugged.

“Anywhere and everywhere it is then!” Jordan concluded before leading us down the narrow walk ways and crowded streets. As we walked down one particularly narrow road I caught sight of a small building, one that brought back memories that were better left suppressed. Sally’s diner was a place I had brought Josh to in Sheffield, and it was where we had our first official date; no matter how terribly interrupted it was. I sighed quiet enough that no one else could hear me, and bit my tongue as we walked past the building. In that moment it felt like someone had ripped out my heart as flashbacks came to me of the days I spent with him. I wanted to hate him, I knew it would be easier and safer to do so, but that’s what made me want him back all the more.

“Look it’s an Italian place! They even have live music today, let’s go!” Vegan pointed at the small bistro before rushing to the doors, we followed without hesitation.

“Hi, how many?” a woman questioned as we approached the hostess station,

“Seven,” I replied tiredly, the woman nodded and grabbed menus before leading us around a small stage.

“Your waiter will be with you shortly, please enjoy the show!” She chimed as she spun on her heel and left us to take a seat. After several minutes of placing orders and receiving drinks, the lights dimmed down low and a spotlight moved back and forth on the stage.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, put your hands together for the lovely, the talented, the amazing, Elissa Franceschi!” behind the curtain an older dark haired woman made her way on the stage. Her long hair fell in perfect curls and her makeup was done to perfection, whilst she was stunning, I found myself more noticing her name…that and her features. I was close enough that I could see her eye color, which were a dead match of his own, her nose which looked like a carbon copy of his, and her lips which perfectly mocked those that belonged to...him.

“Oli…does Josh have a sister?” Hannah whispered as the woman began to introduce herself and list off the numbers that she would be singing, I feebly nodded my head.

“I think he mentioned that he did but he didn’t know her…” I added as I watched the woman in utter shock.

“Well I think I know a way you can get back on Josh's good side…” the dark haired woman whispered into my ear as the crowd got silent in preparation for the performance.

“Yeah, and her name is Elissa Franceschi.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, dropped another bomb...
Yikes, I bet I kill all of you who are emotionally invested in this story :O
And for that, I am sorry lol

SORRY IF THIS IS SHITE, I WORKED 10 HOURS TODAY AND IM TIRED BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE AND GAH, FORGIVE ME.

Please leave me something <3

Xoxo
Siren