Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

Let me start at the end, the part I haven't figured out yet

Josh’s P.O.V

Whispers, they were the first thing I could pin point as I began to wake up, upon opening my eyes, I realized two things. One, it was dark. Two, I had no idea where I was. Groaning I shifted around, trying to push myself up, suddenly hands were on me; pushing me back down.

“Woah, take it easy mate!” someone said, they had thick Australian accent; something I wasn’t expecting.

All at once, memories of last night began rushing back to me, I frowned, before finally getting the courage to look up at the people who were still holding me in place.

One face I recognized as the friend that was with Oli at the meet and greet, the others, I had never seen before.

“Uhm…” I muttered in confusion. Why was I here? I cant remember what exactly happened? Did I black out? Or jump?

“Don’t get ‘ya panties in’a wad, Franceschi.” Oli’s voice appeared basically out of no where, as two doors swung open, a faint glow of street lights and the rising sun ushering away the darkness. So I was in a van, that makes sense, and explains why I’m so uncomfortable! I waved the strangers off of me, and pushed myself forward, gasping as I did so. Shit! My back was killing me!

“I don’t suggest moving at the moment…” Oli stated as he jumped in the van, sliding one door shut, and leaving the other open for light, the cold air wafted in like a hurricane, making me shiver slightly.

“And w-whys t-that?” my voice cracked against my will, but my throat was on fire, and forming words was just as painful.

“You seriously don’t remember?” was his cold reply, as he sat across from me, the other guys sitting towards the front of the large automobile. I shook my head, which earned an agitated sigh from the other man.

“You tried fucking killing yourself. I stopped you, you fell on rocks…and now were here.” Was his reply, the words rolled of his tongue like venom, and my eyes widened in shock. I tried to kill myself? But…I don’t even remember doing that! You think I would but, no, my mind goes blank after Oli pushed me off of him. I frowned, absentmindedly pulling the hem of my shirt down, and pulling my sleeves over my hands, I hope they didn’t see…THAT.

As I glanced back up, Oli was watching my every move, while his friends muttered something about going on a walk, he nodded in response.

“Oli…I”

“I know. I’m not stupid, and I had to clean the wounds on your back, I know, Josh. So do they.” He whispered the last part, but those words hurt worse then anything I could ever do to myself. I had to resist the urge to cry out in despair, so they all knew? Now they all hate me, and Oli hates me so much more then he already did.

“I…I should go.” I whispered, he grunted.

“Go where? Didn’t you ‘quit’?” he threw up mock quotations, I nodded.

“Yes I did…and I don't have anywhere...but I don’t want to bother you anymore than I have.” I used every bit of strength left in me to push myself out of the van, and grab my rucksack, slipping it on my back, which screamed in protest, I didn’t look back as I walked away from the van, and Oli didn’t try to stop me. Not like I expected him too.

-*-

“We just received report that Josh Franceschi, the famous pop star from Weybridge, Surrey,has called it Quits. The 19 year old separated from his label last night, and is yet to make an official statement. Coming up…” I tuned the tv out after that, the small diner I was in was bounding with life, ranging from toddlers, to older folk, the only thing that made me stand out, I was alone.

And I really was alone, in every since of the word; I had never been one to make friends, I was bullied until I got signed at age 16, then I decided not to go to 6th form or Uni, but pursue a career instead. The sole reason I made that decision was a tough one to think about, my mum was a druggie, probably still is if she isn’t dead, she walked out when I was quite young, Taking my older sister, Elissa with her. My dad was, in laymen’s terms, a piece of shit. Never holding a job, drinking 24/7, bringing home all sorts of women, who would take whatever he could offer, and leave in the morning. After awhile, he turned violent…I was the only one there, and since I did not have any friends, I was always home. He began by being verbal, calling me things like “faggot”, “useless”, etc, but after awhile that wasn’t enough. At 13, he started hitting me, at 14 he started doing things that I wish I didn’t remember, he raped me. Every day, after school, I was beaten, every night, I had my innocence robbed from me.I had tried to take my life so many times, I lost count, but he would always find me, and beat “some sense into me.” So I took the stupid job as a ‘pop star’, to get myself out of that situation, but in doing so, I lost myself. I lost my sanity, and even when I was living with my dad, despite the fact that he was a monster, it was better then being alone.

I pushed my hot chocolate out of the way, that’s how I choose to spend two euros, out of the 10 I had left to my name. I slammed my head into the table, not caring if anyone stared at me, I just wanted…I honestly don’t know what I wanted. Well there Is one thing I need to take care of, I wrestled my phone charger from my back, along with my phone, after a few minutes of letting it charge; I selected the contact for the news caster I had seen on the news station earlier, I had done several interviews with them in the past,

“Hello?” his voice asked in a confused tone,

“Uh Hi, this is Josh Franceschi, I just saw your news cast, and I was wondering if I could give you a statement to put out?”

“Sure thing, Mr. Franceschi, hold on, while we put you on the air.”

I muttered an alright, and watched the small screen as he began to describe how I was about to release a statement, I noted a few people glance at the screen as picture of myself popped up,

“Can you hear us, Mr. Franceschi?” he asked,

“Yes, sir.”Was my curt reply, I suddenly felt all eyes in the room, turn on me, great.

“Well can you inform us on the events that took place?” he asked again, I bit my lip.

“Yes, I have decided to part ways with my label. I have found myself being very unhappy lately, and chalk it up to being the fact that my heart is not with me when I perform these songs. I personally do not like pop music, and I am terribly disappointed in myself for singing it, I do have plans to make music in the future. Which will be music, I write myself, and something I actually want to perform, which will be punk rock music; I am very sorry if I have disappointed or offended anyone. For now, I hope to fly under the radar; I need time for myself, because I have sadly, lost a big part of who I was. Thank you all for giving me the chance to explain myself.”That Was my curt reply as I hung up before he could say anything else.

I grabbed my things, ignoring the eyes that were staring holes through me, before pushing out of the building, and down the street, tears began to work their way into my eyes. I wrapped my leather jacket around myself tighter, and stared at the ground, guilt and shame washing over me.

-*-

After several hours of walking around Sheffield, I spotted a small venue, that had a decent size line spilling out the door, I approached the group quietly, trying not to draw attention to myself. I slipped in the back, where 4 guys were in front of me, cutting up and smiling. It made me kind of jealous, considering they seemed to be having such a good time, I wanted to ask who was playing but, I didn’t want to bother them either.

“Hey, mate are you alright?” a voice snapped me back into reality, I noticed that I had zoned out, and the line had moved a good 10 feet, the 4 lads from earlier walked back over to me, studying me in a curious manor.

“Uh, I’m fine…” I whispered,

“Your Josh Franceschi, right?” a blonde man stepped forward a bit, I shuddered as the wind picked up again.

“Yes…” I replied tiredly, they all nodded.

“We heard your statement today, must say that takes balls! But Rock music is the way to go!” a long dark haired boy commented, before extending out his hand, “Im Chris.” He said with a smile, I shook his hand.

After a quick round of introductions, I learned their names were Chris, Matt, Max, and Dan; they seemed really chill, honestly. Even invited me to come jam with them sometime, as their last vocalist just quit; I was more than happy to oblige.

“Shit we forgot the show!” Matt ushered the words out, slapping his forehead, the other guys laughed.

“Guess we did! Shall we go in?” Max asked with a crooked smile, I bit my lip, too bad I didn’t have money, a local show would defiantly raise my mood, and get my mind off things.

“C’mon Josh!” Dan called to me, waving for me to come inside, I halted before stepping over the threshold, the venue wasn’t packed, but it wasn’t empty either, at least 90 people were standing around, chatting, and waiting for it to begin.

“How much is it?” I asked Chris quietly,

“5 euro.” He answered, grabbing bills from his pocket, “but since I know you probably got robbed of your money, its my treat.” He said with a smile handing the girl 10 in exchange for two wrist bands, I thanked him, slipping mine on.

“Who’s playing?” I asked the guys,

“The Black Out is opening, then a band called Asking Alexandria is playing, followed by the real one were excited for, Bring Me the Horizon!” Matt replied cheerfully, a silly smile toying at his lips.

“Sweet.” I replied, honestly, I hadn’t heard of these guys before, but considering this was such an underground show, I doubted id be disappointed. As time wore on the first band came and went, they really set the tone for the night. Eventually, I got dragged into the pit with Chris, which was killer on my back, all the while, the second band played, and I have to admit, I liked their style. As they ended their set, the lights went out on stage as the last band prepped to go on, I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

“Dude your fucking awesome!” Max stated, “I’m glad we are all friends now!” he grinned, and I gladly returned it, friends…it was weird to even think they considered me that.

“No you guys are awesome! I hope we can all hang out again soon.” I stated, they all nodded eagerly, but we were cut off by the sound of footsteps hitting the stage, everyone cheered, the lads cheered especially loud.

“What the fuck is up, Sheffield?” the voice bounded into the room, I froze in place. Ignoring the fact that I was standing in the front of the crowd, a shocked look on my face. Sure enough, the guys from earlier today were all standing on the stage, save for one who sat at the drums, my eyes wondered as I caught those of Oli’s, he tilted his head in confusion as he spotted me.

We’ll tonight just got that much more interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh snap :P

what do you think so far, guys?