Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

Yes, I am, I'm moving slow

Oli's P.O.V

"Oh what do we have here?" I laughed into the Mic, the crowd looked around in confusion, Josh awkwardly shifted his weight from one leg to another, I smirked.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't-" he looked up at me, eyes wide as dinner plates, he mouthed "please, don't."

Why? All the sudden he was embarrassed of who he was? His eyes were boring holes into mine, it was then that I realized I Had completely lost my train of thought, and everyone was blankly staring at me.

"Uh, never mind. Were Bring Me The Horizon!"

Why didn't i just say it? Its not like it would have affected me in any sense, but something in those eyes was sparking something within me that i thought had been long gone, sympathy. Clearly, he was fucking with my head, it was easy to see. I was supposed to hate him for god sakes! Instead, he was worming holes in my once clear head, and making everything blur.

As we began to play, I found myself unable to focus properly, it felt like I had a lump in my throat, a noose around my neck in a sense, I fumbled over words, which is hard to do when your growling in a mic. I bounced at wrong times, got off key, no one in the audience seemed to notice, they were still into it, but my band mates were glaring daggers at me. The one thing that really got me though, was the fact that Josh's eyes never left mine.

As we wrapped everything up, I thanked the crowd, practically sprinting off stage, i couldn't wait to be behind the safety of the thick curtains, out there, his eyes were smothering me.

"Oli, what is wrong with you tonight? Is it because Franceschi was out there?" Jona asked, pointing back in the direction of the stage, I shook my head.

“Course not! I’m just tired, s’all.” They looked unsatisfied with that though,

“Well whatever it is, get cleaned up, and go work the crowds like usual.” Nicholls chimed, using his thumb to motion back in the direction of the stage. I nodded, running to the back, grabbing a fresh stack of clothes, and taking advantage of the venues shower. I stripped quickly, ducking into the water, which to my dismay, was freezing.

“Shit.” I cursed under my breath; I washed as fast as possible, before stepping out, and drying off. I slipped the clean clothes on, bagging the others in a spare plastic bag, I used the hair dryer that was on the sink, doing my best to get my hair dry.

After a few minutes, I slipped my vans back on, heading back to the front. Most of the crowd was still around, along with a few people I didn't see there earlier. The guys and I went to a small table, taking a seat,

“So you’re the vocalist from that one bad right?” some chick asked, her hair stuck up in an unnatural way, it was bleach blonde, with colorful streaks. Her too short shorts, and tube top were ridiculous for this time of year in Sheffield. Her make up looked an inch thick on her face, and her eyes looked like she had been punched out,

“Uh, yeah.” I stated, she twirled her hair, popping a bubble with her bubblegum.

“You guys did so good.” She cooed, getting that much closer to me. I nodded,

“Thanks, appreciate it.” I muttered, my eyes searching the crowd, I noticed Josh was standing off to the side, with 4 other guys who I recognized as regulars to our gigs.

“Uhm I asked you something,” the blonde stated, snapping my attention back to her.

“Sorry I didn’t hear ya, what did you need?” I asked as politely as I could, but I had a feeling I knew what she wanted.

“Well I wanted to know if you and the guys would like to come to mine, for a little fun?” she winked at me, then everyone else.

“I’ll pass.” I stated, motioning for her to ask the rest of them, I heard her scoff.

“Look you’re the one I wanted.” She stated in a matter of fact tone, I stood up, mentally wishing I didn’t, as she stepped closer, laying her hand on my chest.

“C’mon it will be fun.” She purred,

“No thanks!” I said again, gently brushing her off and walking away, I could hear the guys giggling from behind me, as she grunted, “stuck up prick.”

“Lot lizard.” I called back, big grin on my face, she made a horrible noise that sounds like anger, I laughed, earning a few woots and hollers from some of the patrons. As I turned back around I came face to face with the person who had been plaguing my mind,

“Hey Oli…” Josh muttered, rubbing his hands together, I nodded at him.

“Josh…and company.” I waved awkwardly to the other guys, who eagerly waved back.

“Can I speak to you?” he asked quietly, I nodded absentmindedly, silently hoping he wasn’t about to say the things that I knew were coming. We walked to the back a bit, standing in the dark area of the venue, he sighed.

“Look, I wanted to apologize for earlier, and last night, I had no right to pin that on you, I have my own issues I need to work through, and I shouldn’t blame you for them. I hope our paths cross again at some point.” He offered a hand, I grunted, not giving him the pleasure of shaking mine. He retracted it awkwardly, a sad smile playing on his lips, he bit the bottom one as his eyes met mine.

“Okay then, goodbye Oli.” He said tiredly, before brushing past me, and going back to the group of guys from earlier, he exchanged numbers with them before walking out of the venue, alone. As much as I didn’t want too, I found my legs taking me out the door after him,

“be right back.” I told Matt who nodded, continuing his conversation with some red headed chick, I shuffled out the door, instantly regretting it as the cold air wafted around me. I spotted Josh walking down the street, I followed him as quietly as I could, why I was doing this was beyond me, It was as if my body was thinking before my mind.

After walking a good bit, we came to a secluded park, just on the outskirts of town, he dropped his ruck-sack on the ground, before plopping down on a swing, I watched him carefully, hoping he still hadn’t noticed me, thankfully he hadn’t. After several minutes, he began to hum, which led to him starting to sing, it was short, yet the words rolled like velvet off his tongue, sending chills down my spine, this wasn’t some pop tune that came a dime a dozen, this was something beautiful, and seemingly enough, deep.

"Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way
Revenge loves company, three makes it a crowd
So wash your mouth, sit this one out

And I'm down,
Down but definitely not out
Yeah, why did you call me again?
I bet I bet we don't make it
‘Cause I never take advice from my…
Friends in very high places
They're only making bets to themselves,
selves they're very, very selfish,
We'll keep you in mind in the end

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way
Revenge loves company, three makes it a crowd
So wash your mouth, sit this one out.."

I hadn’t realized my feet had carried me till I was only about 3 yards away from him, my left foot, landing on a twig, causing it to crush, Josh whipped around quickly; relief washing over him, then turning to confusion.

“Oli?” he asked carefully, I nodded.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, standing up from the swing, my feet yet again, betrayed my brain, and carried myself closer to him.

“I don’t know.” I admitted, scratching the back of my head nervously,

“You look like your freezing…” he stated, coming closer to me, and slipping off his thick leather jacket, offering it to me, I stared at his bare arms, noting how even in the moon light, I could see every scar that snaked its way up his porcelain skin.

“Take it.” He pushed it closer to me, I shook my head,

“No…you’ll freeze.” I stated in a matter of fact tone, he laughed.

“I’m kind of hot actually, so it’s fine, seriously.” I sighed, giving in, and taking the coat, thanking him quietly. I hadn’t even realized that I was shivering, how he was hot was beyond me, I slipped the leather jacket on, smirking at how much it hung off of my body. The coat was warm, I will give him that much, not something I’d ever wear, but this was so…Josh.

“Come sit?” he asked quietly, offering me a hand and a smile, against my better judgement, I slipped my palm into his, butterflies rolled in my stomach, why? I mean I liked guys just as much as I liked women, but this was Josh fucking Franceschi, I should not be feeling this way about some one I despise! I tried to reason with myself, tried to come up with a reason about why I was feeling this way, exhaustion, being the most logical; and yet, I was lying to myself.

He walked us over to get his bag, before walking to a small table across from the playground, I let go of his hand as I took a seat, he sat in front of me, head thrown back and staring at the sky.

“Beautiful view, isn’t it?” he whispered, intently watching the stars above the ground, but my eyes were else where. I watched the way his chest rose and fell, the way his hair moved slightly in the breeze, his arms and how despite their damage, looked strong and sturdy. Josh actually was strong, he was so much more then I had given him credit for, while he watched the sky, I realized we both had a different view of something considered to be beautiful, as he watched the sky, I watched him intently, before answering his question, “Yeah, it is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
oh man, looks like someone is starting to come around, and realize maybe he was wrong about Josh ;O

oh and there's bmth/om&m tour, so that was my motivation to crank this out, 3rd time seeing bmth <3 so stoked.

what do you think so far?

please leave me something <3 ;P