Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

You are playing the lead

Josh's P.O.V

"You know, your actually not half bad, Franceschi."

Oli reclined back on the edge of his chair, staring at the sky and exhaling loudly, I smiled at him, despite the fact I knew he wasn't looking. I felt the wind begin to pick up again, it danced over my bare skin, causing me to involuntarily shiver; Chills rose on my skin, as my teeth chattered together,

"Told ya, you'd freeze." my lone companion chided, slipping my jacket off and tossing it back to me, I thanked him, slipped the now warm leather on. Trying to ignore the fact that now it smelt of something along the lines of strawberry, mint, and another scent which I could on describe as being...Oli. I watched him wrap his arms around himself, rocking back and forth a bit; the wind was proving to be relentless this evening.

"Uh, anywhere warm we could go?" I whispered, my cheeks flushing slightly, the thought of not having a warm roof over my head was a bit horrific, but granted, I was grateful for the company that Oli provided, it calmed my nerves.

"Uh about that...I don't really have...a house." he answered quietly, shock rose on my face, he didn't have a house? Then where was he living? What about the rest of the guys?

"Uhm, my band mates all have family here they are going to go stay with, I don't...speak to mine anymore, so yeah." He looked like he was mentally cursing himself for explaining it to me, almost like he was afraid of what I'd say.

"Same here," I smiled weakly, he nodded before returning it, he pushed himself up from the table, grabbing my ruck-sack and slinging it on his back, thank god because my back was on fire from the beating it suffered. He offered me a hand, this was new, last I checked he hated me! Why would he want too... I shook my head, letting all thoughts slip my mind as I stood up slowly, agonizing pain wafting under my skin, as my back popped a few times in protest. I gave Oli a thumbs up, which was non to convincing, before grabbing his hand and lacing his fingers with mine.

He pulled me closer as our feet hit the pavement leading away from the park, I squeezed his hand a bit tighter, to my surprise, he squeezed back.

"I may not have a house, but I have somewhere to sleep and get us out of the cold...”he grunted, kicking a stray rock that had found its way on the concrete walkway.

“You mean the van?” I asked quietly, he only nodded, sighing slightly, “Sadly, but it works for me...are you okay with that?” He questioned, getting a bit closer to me as a wind gust blew directly in our faces.

“Your actually inviting me to stay with you?” I inquired, the slightly shorter man laughed, “Yeah, I guess I am, weird, eh?”

“Weird, more like bonkers, mate.” I joked, earning a toothy grin from Oli, after a bit of walking we arrived at the van which was parked in the back of the venue from earlier tonight, he unlocked the back doors, sliding gear over and making a decent size spot, before walking to the front of the vehicle to retrieve a handful of blankets and pillows, to my surprise even an air mattress. He started the engine, grabbing a small pump, and blowing it up patiently, before shutting the car off, and coming to the back. I stood a few feet away and watched him work, I would ask to help, but it was clear I would only get in the way.

“Done.” he stated proudly, locking the front of the van, and opening the door to the back, motioning for me to go inside, I used the small step on the back and did as told, plopping down on the air mattress, which hissed slightly. Oli slid my bag towards me, before climbing in himself, and latching the doors shut, as the light faded from the inside of the van, he reached for a small lantern, turning it on.

“Thank You Oli, I know this isn’t ideal for you, with me being here and everything...but no doubt I’d be freezing to death without you.” I smiled as his lips twitched up,

“No, s’fine, I’m usually alone after shows, the guys either go home with someone, or go drink if they get offered.” He looked a bit hurt, his eyes drooped down to his lap, and he toyed with his hair anxiously.

“Why don’t you go?” I asked in a hushed voice, I knew I shouldn't even be asking, I didn't like to pry, but curiosity was always getting the best of me, he sighed heavily.

“I...I’m a recovering drug addict...alcohol was kind of my starting point, so I don’t drink or party anymore. As for the one night stands, I guess that’s just not my thing, I don’t like the idea of having a different person every night...and why Am I telling you this?” He laughed slightly, my mouth pressed into a thin line, “S’not like ya care, ‘nyways.” he sniffled, which almost made the last part inaudible, but I was able to make it out.

“No, I care.” I answered, giving him the biggest smile I could muster, “And that’s awesome, Oli. Drugs and Alcohol are bad news, really, my dad and mum were users of both, so I don’t do it either. As for the sleeping ‘round, it’s good that you don’t, I agree with you one hundred percent.”

Oli grinned at me, “ You really are something...you know that Josh?”, I laughed.

“Well I do now!” I chimed with a giggle, he smirked,

“Well it’s getting a bit late, you can have the mattress.” He stated, slipping off of the air mattress and onto the blankets, he grabbed one and wrapped himself in it, before laying his head on a pillow, I stared at him.

“No, that’s in no way fair to you. I’m not letting you sleep on the van’s floor!” I pouted,

“Hey, I do it often, no biggie, Franceschi.” he yawned, but I wasn’t buying that he was already on the verge of sleep,

“Just lay up here, I’ll turn on my side so you have room.” I offered, he shook his head,

“Oli-”

“Are you going to keep bitching until I do?” he snapped, which took me by surprise again, guess I forgot the fact that he still does hate me, somewhat at least. I blinked, adverting my eyes from his, and turning onto my side facing away from the older man. I absentmindedly dug my fingers into the now healing cuts on my hips, I bit down on my tongue in order to keep me from crying out, I was pushing as hard as I could before I knew it, it was a horrible thing to resort to this because you can’t get over your horrible social anxiety, but it snapped me back into reality, made me...aware.

“Stop.” a voice commanded, just as a thin arm gripped mine, removing it from my hips and placing it by my head, I turned my head slightly, to see Oli, who was sitting next to me, a worried look on his face. He exhaled harshly, kicking off his shoes, and turning the lamp off, before laying down next to me, and tossing a blanket over us. He nudged himself closer to me, as I tried to move my arms again, eventually his arms found their way around my frame, holding my arms in place; butterflies all but crawled out of my throat.

“Your not doing that around me, or ever, ya hear?” he didnt really ask it as much as he did demand, but nonetheless, he held me impossibly tight to his chest; his breathing slowly becoming steady, I nodded, earning a tired hmph.

“Night, Josh.” he whispered, before falling into what I hoped was a blissful sleep, I glanced back at him, watching the way his chest rose and fell, the way his hair splayed against his skin, the way his tattoos, made his skin look dark in the dimly lit van, I smiled.

“Goodnight, Oli.”

Were the last words to leave my lips, as I soon fell into an abstract dream of reality blended thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short T-T
i promise it will be longer next time :)

leave me something?

xoxo
siren