Status: Complete! <3

No One Does It Better

The headache that my actions feed

Oli’s P.O.V

Falling, I was falling, I could have sworn I was, but in all reality I was safely nestled in my van, Josh for some reason, curled into my side. I was desperately trying to move, stop the sensation of plummeting downwards, but I was frozen. Sleep paralysis was a crippling disease I had never learned to cope with, no matter how much I tried, I could never get over the sensations it brought. The choking, the feeling of being crushed, and the feeling of falling; it was so much to wake up too. I gasped for air, closing my eyes and trying to calm myself down,

“Oli, are you okay?” a groggy voice asked, I snapped my eyes open; seeing Josh hovering over me, I tried to move, but still, no luck.

“Oli, you’re scaring me…say something.” Josh’s voice was thick from sleep, but I could hear the concern leaking in it, I only wished I could move. I blinked my eyes a few times, still struggling to catch my breath, before finally, my body shot forward. Josh caught me in his arms as I lifted myself off the mattress, I was hyperventilating at this point, shaking like a leaf too, but I was thankful it was over. Josh clutched me to his chest, rubbing circles in my back comfortingly, normally; the proximity would be too much for me. I wasn’t found of being touched, it was a horrible tick of mine, but I do vaguely remember trying to comfort him last night as well.

“Are you alright?” Josh asked quietly after some time, I didn’t know what to do, or say even. I wasn’t exactly feeling okay, after these fits one of the guys would hold me until I finally calmed down, but when they weren’t here I went a bit insane. Lashing out, screaming, it was just an overwhelming feelings of not being able to control your own body, and once you can, the emotions from it become just as overwhelming. After a few minutes, I shook my head no,

“Oh Oli, do you want to talk about it?” he moved his legs from underneath him and leaned back on the wall of the van, taking me with him. I wasn’t sure how to feel about being curled up with Josh Franceschi, granted I had begun to see a whole new side of him, and in the past few days of knowing him, I had begun to change my opinion on him, but still.

“Sleep Paralysis, that’s what that was.” I replied, turning my head so it rested on his chest, he was still tracing patterns in my back, he hummed in response.

“I just wake up, and I can’t move. It feels like ’m choking or falling, today…both.” I informed him, sighing as I finally felt the shivers fade away.

“Well that must be scary, I’m sorry you have to go through that.” He offered, frowning down at me, I shrugged.

“‘m used to it.”

“Well you shouldn’t have to be, isn’t there anything you can do for it? Medicine or treatments?” Josh inquired, keeping his eyes trained on mine. I studied them quietly, their color was out standing, mesmerizing. The clear blue depths were brighter then any that I had ever seen, his eyes held emotion, held hope, sadness, concern, trust, so many things that I wished would reflect in my own.

“Oli?” he asked, bringing me back to reality, his face was slightly flushed and I realized I had been starring. I ducked my head down, covering the red tint that crossed my skin,

“No, and even if there was, I don’t have insurance.” I stated, trying to keep my composure. I felt his hot breathe on my arms, sending an inconceivable chill down my spine, he grunted. The sound reverberating throughout the van, I buried my face into his chest. Why was I blushing so much? This was nothing different then when Matt held me, Lee, Jona, Vegan, this was nothing but a comforting gesture. So why was my stomach doing flip flops?

“I need air.” I stated, climbing out of his grasp, and grabbing my shoes and jacket, his arm halted me,

“Can I come too?” he asked, a hopeful twinkle in his eye. I wanted to say no, tell him that he was the reason I needed air, I cant think straight when I’m around him! Despite how much I wanted to decline, I smiled, nodding my head.

“Sweet.” He sang, grabbing his leather jacket and his ruck-sack, wrestling out his phone and wallet, stuffing his phone charger in his pocket as well.

“C’mon mate!” I whined, opening the door and stepping out into the harsh sunlight, the cool winter air was stinging my warm skin. Josh jumped out of the back, I locked the van up before motioning for him to follow me. We walked down the city blocks, trying our hardest not to lose each other in the decent size crowd that was bustling about the Sheffield streets. Josh reached forward snatching my hand with his, I hadn’t even realized I was a good 5 feet in front of him. He jogged slightly, catching up with me, not letting my hand go. I felt my face heat up slightly, he looked over at me, catching my eyes and making my face flush just that much more. I turned my eyes to my feet, earning a giggle from my companion, now I really wish I would have told him to stay in the van. Josh ended up dragging us into a small café, the warm air wafted around me, successfully taking away the bite of the winter chill.

“Well, I’m about broke, but I’m starved and really thirsty.” He stated, using his free hand to wrestle out his wallet.

“I’ll buy.” I offered, doing the same.

“No! I can do it, I have about 8 quid left!” he cried, pouting as I shook my head.

“I have 50, so I'm buying.” I stated quickly, wait why was I going to buy him food? He had money, and he was still the same stuck up prick that I always made him out to be, right? I cursed, watching as the line dwindled and finally it was our turn.

“Hi how can…Your Josh Franceschi!” the young barista squealed, literally fucking squealed. He laughed nervously,

“Uh…yeah.” He scratched the back of his head, squeezing my hand tighter as If he was afraid I’d abandon him. As much as I loved to get out of the way of a flipping out fan girl, I wasn’t going to leave him here. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself that I still hated his guts, I couldn’t. Not after I had seen him so willing to take his own life, seen him so broken, and not after he calmed me down so quickly after my episode this morning.

“My parents own this shop, so get whatever you’d like! Its on the house!” the girl chimed, now that was a perk. Josh shot me a toothy grin, which I returned, normally taking advantage of a fan of any sort wasn’t something I would do, but I hadn’t eaten in over a day, and this was too tempting. We ordered several sandwiches, and a pot of hot tea, before taking our seats and waiting on the food. Josh finally let my hand go, blushing slightly,

“Sorry, I…” he trailed off, his face going blood red, I laughed.

“s’fine, Josh.” I reassured him, he shot me a goofy smile, making me laugh.

“Alright, here’s your food!” The girl from earlier stated, placing our food on the table,I didn't fail to notice when she shot me a glare, “Oh if it isn’t much trouble, could I take a picture?” she asked, I noticed she was shaking slightly, my god.

“Sure thing, dear.” Josh smiled, at her, standing up next to her, the girl unlocked her phone clicking on the camera app, and asking another waitress to take a picture.

“I can do it.” I said, standing from my chair, she chuckled.

“No way, I don’t even know you.” She replied coldly, handing her phone off to the other girl, muttering "Wanker," and laughing, I felt my eyes go wide. Damn, what a rude bitch, did she really think I would steal her phone? Or was she just mad cause I was hanging out with Josh, not her?

“Well never mind then.” Josh clapped his hands, before grabbing the paper plates with our food on them, and handing me my drink, the girls jaw dropped.

“What do you mean never mind then?” she threw her hands up in mock quotation, I eyed Josh warily, yeah, what did he mean?

“If your going to be rude to my friend then I don’t want to take a picture with you, thanks for the food though!” he shot her a wicked grin, as she let out a painful cry.

“No please! I’m sorry! I love you please!” she fell to her knees, tears pouring down her face, yikes! That was something I could have went my whole life without seeing, everyone’s eyes in the shop were on her as she threw a temper tantrum in the floor. Josh tugged on my sleeve, mouthing “Lets get the fuck out of here.” I nodded, biting my lip to keep back a laugh as she screamed, “I love you Josh, wait!” Josh and I quickly exited the building, walking down the street as fast as the crowd would let us, before we came to a bench outside an abandoned warehouse, we took a seat. He laid our food in between us, setting down his cup, I followed suit.

“That was terribly hilarious.” Josh admitted, taking a bite of his croissant, I finally busted up, laughing so hard I felt myself crying, Josh was doubled over, doing the same.

“My god, that was something else, eh?” I finally made out, wiping stray tears from my eyes; he looked up at me, that silly smirk he always wore playing on his lips, his smile made it feel like butterflies were crawling around in my stomach. This side of Josh Franceschi, was something I could definitely get used too.

"By the way, Thank you for sticking up for me." I whispered, taking a small sip of the now, lukewarm tea.

-*-

Josh’s P.O.V

After walking aimlessly around town with Oli, I had come to a conclusion, I had a huge crush on him. He was absolutely perfect, from his laugh to his smile, to his hair and eyes, he was everything I could ever dream of. He and I were currently sitting inside the food court of a mall, letting my phone charge, and taking advantage of the warmth.

“Can I call Matt to check in?” Oli asked politely, I nodded,

“I’m so glad I stocked up on pre-paid phone cards for the road trips, I have another 12 months before I have to start worrying about that, but anyways, yes you can.” I smiled, trying to stop myself from rambling, before handing him my phone, he thanked me, dialing his friends number.

He talked to him for a few moments, assuring him everything was fine, before handing my phone back to me, thanking me once again. I nodded,

“So Tell me about yo-“I was trying to ask a question but unfortunately, my phone rang, cutting me off. An unknown number pulling up on the screen, I studied it;

RING-

Sighing, I answered it, holding a finger up to Oli, who smiled.

“Hey! Josh? It’s Matt Barnes! I met you at the Bring me show!” a grin plastered on my face,

“Yeah it’s me! What’s up dude?” I asked, Oli was looking around the food court, people watching I presumed, and probably watching out for more fan girls. Don’t blame him.

“Well the guys and I were about to practice a bit, I wanted to see if you’d like to come jam?” he stretched the last word out a bit, excitement pitted in my stomach.

“Hell yeah! I’m actually out with Oli, from bring me, but if you don’t mind if he comes, then I’d be down!” I was practically screaming, I was itching to start making some good music, and maybe if this worked out, it could be my opportunity! Oli shot me a questioning look, I grinned at him, winking, causing his face to flush, damn he was killing me.

“Fuck yeah! He seems like a cool lad, we wouldn’t mind at all! I will text you the address? We start in 45 minutes!” I agreed, thanking him before ending the call.

“What was that about?” Oli inquired, watching as I gathered my phone charger up,

“Well the guys I met at your show invited me over to jam with them, they want you to come too! You want too?” I asked in a rush, truth be told, I wanted to go more than anything, but if he didn’t want too, then I wouldn’t go. No way I was going to leave him behind, never, well...unless he asked me too.

“Sure.” He smiled, standing up, I pushed my chair in, before hugging him tightly. He didn’t react at first, but eventually he laughed, hugging me back.

“Thanks, Ols.” I chimed, pulling back from his embrace, he beamed.

“Ols?” he asked in confusion, I shrugged.

“Nickname I guess.” I proposed,

“I like it, Joshy?” he rose an eyebrow questioningly, before laughing slightly.

“Your too cute, Oli.” As soon as the words slipped from my lips, I covered my mouth, my face felt like it was on fire. His mouth hung open a bit, a light red color decorating his cheeks,

“What?” he asked, going a bit wide eyed. I felt panic wrapping its way around my neck, it felt like I had a lump in my throat. I knew he heard me properly, so I pushed the anxiety to the side, and I thought to myself, ‘What the hell…’

“Your cute, okay?” I shrugged, awkwardly fidgeting in my spot, he giggled.

“Your not so bad either, now can we go?” He offered me a hand, and in that moment, I swear, I was the happiest that I had ever been in my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
extra long chapter because I now have 26 subscribers! thats insane guys, your the best xoxo

If your feeling so kind, please leave a comment, I want to hear your thoughts C:

thanks for the support guys ! <3

xoxo
Siren