You Had My Heart At Least for the Most Part

Part 14

“Where are you going?” Matt asked as I grabbed my car keys and started to head towards the door.

“Vanessa wants to meet up at the café.” I shrugged.

“You mean she still wants to see you after she found out about you and Claire?” He laughed and raised an eye brow.

“I guess so.” I laughed and shrugged then walked off the bus.

I walked into the café and looked around for Vanessa. Not seeing her, I decided to take a seat at a table. I flipped open my sidekick and saw I had no texts or calls from her. I set my phone on the table and looked around, lacing my fingers together and resting them on my stomach as I slouched in the chair.

It’s been a half hour and Vanessa hasn’t shown up. I sighed and grabbed my phone to call her for the fourth time. I called and it kept ringing and ringing. Finally, she picked up. “Hello?” She asked sweetly.

“Where are you? I’ve been sitting at the café for almost an hour.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She sighed. “I forgot to call and cancel. I forgot I made plans with Trey.” She giggled. “Maybe another time.”

“Trey?” I asked confused.

“Oh, he’s my boyfriend. I met him at a show last week. You’d love him. You two have so much in common.”

“Oh.” I sighed. “Well I’ll talk to you later.”

“Sorry Zach. Bye.” She hung up.

I sighed and got up from the table then left. Why wouldn’t Vanessa just call me and tell me she found someone else and cancel our plans. I got into my car after slamming the door shut. I sighed and drove back to the bus. She stood me up. I should have seen it coming.

After a while of sitting around and doing nothing, I decided to call Claire to see if she wanted to hang out. I closed my eyes as I listened to the rings that seemed to go on endlessly.

“Hey, it’s Claire. Leave a message!” She said in her cute, happy voice.

“Hey Claire. It’s Zacky. I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out. Call me back. Bye.” I hung up and tossed my phone next to me sighing.

“What’s wrong with you?” Johnny asked as he passed my bunk.

“Vanessa stood me up. She found another guy. And Claire isn’t picking up her phone.”

“Sucks to be you.” He laughed and pulled on his jacket after searching his bunk for it.

“Where are you going?” I looked over at him.

“On a date.” He smirked and walked off the bus.

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. Everyone had a date except for me. Great. Just as I went to close my heavy eyes, there was a knock at the door. “What now?” I groaned and got up then ran my fingers through my hair as I made my way over.

I opened the door and felt my jaw drop to the ground. The most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life, hands down, was standing right there. She smiled up at me shyly. “Um, hi.” She hesitated. “My name is Cara and I’m supposed to be working for you guys?”

“Oh.” I smiled. “You should go to Kevin for that. He manages the roadies.”

“Oh.” She blushed, obviously embarrassed. “I’m sorry. I just thought that he would be on the bus. I didn’t mean to disturb you.” She tucked her blond hair behind her ear.

“No, it’s okay.” I smiled down at her, feeling my heart race. “Want to come in?”

“If you don’t mind.” She blushed.

“Not at all.” I smiled and let her in.

She stepped inside and looked around. “Whoa.” She laughed. “It’s huge.”

“Well when you have fix guys in one bus, it has to be large.” I opened the fridge and offered her a beer.

“Thanks.” She smiled and sat down at the booth then let her eyes wander.

“So how old are you?” I asked as I sat with her, interested.

“Twenty three.” She shrugged. “You?”

“Twenty four.” I took a sip of my beer. “So what made you want to work for us?”

“I need money.” She laughed. “I’m living in an apartment with a friend and she wants me to pay rent.”

I laughed. “Where do you and your friend live?”

“Sunset.” She shrugged.

“That’s not far from here.”

“You should come visit me sometime.” She smiled.

My heart leapt. Just thinking about being with her at her place made my squirm. She had to be perfect. After a while of staring at her, I finally said something. “That’ll be fun.” I smiled.

“Well I should get going. My friend’s probably here to pick me up.” She got up and set her drink down. “Thanks.” She smiled at me as I walked her to the door.

“Anytime.” I smiled. “Um. Could I maybe have your number?”

“Sure.” She smiled and put her number in my phone and looked back up at me. “Call me sometime.”

“I will.” I smiled and watched her walk out. Smiling to myself, I made my way back to the bunk. Vanessa who? Claire who? I was too busy trying to get Cara now. She was so beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or no updates.