Status: Discontinued. :(

Saviour

III

Once they’d made one more pit-stop to fill Aidan’s prescriptions, the bus was rolling and they were on their way to the next venue. Andy had helped her out of her wheelchair and onto one of the cushioned benches in the front lounge of the bus. All of his bandmates came to greet her, and the band’s drummer CC asked jokingly for her autograph because he thought she was a ‘super badass chick’. She very quickly realized that she was going to fit in really well with them; it took no time at all for them all to be talking like old friends and laughing with each other.
~~~~~


Around two in the afternoon, the bus stopped for a lunch break and almost everyone hurried off and into the restaurant they were stopped at.

“Listen, I just wanted to thank you again for all of this. You’re being so nice to me and I don’t know how I’ll ever pay you back-” Aidan began, but before she could finish Andy was shaking his head.

“You don’t have to repay me. There’s nothing to repay. Any decent human being would help out the newly-crippled girl,” Andy said with a smile, and Aidan rolled her eyes.

“That’s two kicks to the shin that I owe you once I’m strong enough,” she said, and he laughed.

“Too bad you won’t be kickin’ anyone for a while, huh?” he asked, dodging easily as the water bottle she threw at him soared past his head.
~~~~~


Later that day, they finally arrived at the next venue. By the time they got there, it was almost 7PM and people were already starting to barbeque outside of their buses, as was a long-running Warped tradition. Andy carried Aidan bridal-style off of the bus and then helped her into her wheelchair, which he insisted on pushing for her even though she definitely could’ve wheeled it herself.

They found Aidan’s band’s bus and Andy hauled her up the stairs and inside it. The bus was empty save for Leila, who seemed to be waiting for them. She stood instantly when they appeared and hurried over to them.

“Oh my god! You look horrible! Shit that came out wrong. Are you in pain? Did they give you meds? Are you okay? Oh my god, A, you look so little and broken!” Leila rambled on, and Andy took a seat on one of the benches with a smirk.

“Leila?” Aidan asked in the smallest and most broken-sounding voice she could manage.

“Yeah, A? What is it?” Leila asked, leaning close.

“Stop your damn rambling. I’m fine,” Aidan said in her normal voice and Andy chuckled.

“Well it’s good to know that even all broken and small, you’re still my super bitchy best friend,” Leila said, rolling her eyes and making her way toward the door. “I know you just got back and everything and I definitely wanna hang, but I’m starving so do you mind if I go grab some grub?” Leila asked, and Aidan motioned with her hand for her to go.

“Yeah, get outta here. Eat way too much and get real fat, ’kay?” Aidan said, and Leila flipped her the middle finger before hopping down the bus steps two at a time.

“No offense to your clothes, but would you mind helping me get my bag off of my nice and high top bunk that I’ll never, ever be able to get into?” Aidan asked, turning her attention toward Andy. With a chuckle he nodded and headed toward the bunk she pointed out to him. He pulled down her suitcase and sat it on the small table in front of her. She rummaged around and settled on an outfit before realizing that especially in the tiny and cramped bus bathroom, there was no way she was changing by herself. She glanced at Andy and the smug look on his face told her that he had already deduced this. She rolled her eyes at him and he smiled.

“Looks like I’m gonna get to see that little butt of yours again,” he said, and she looked around for something to toss at his head but came up with nothing.

“Three shin kicks, Biersack. Three,” she mumbled, and he laughed again.

“Whatever you say, damsel. Whatever you say,” he said, and she marveled at how amazing the word ‘damsel’ seemed to sound when it rolled off of his tongue in reference to her. If anyone else in the world had called her that, she would have probably slugged them upside the head, but for some reason when he said it, it sounded like the most beautiful thing anyone had ever said.

She realized too late that she was staring dreamily at him, and he cocked his head to the side with a half-smirk playing at his lips. “What?” he questioned her and she shook her head slightly.

“If I’m your damsel in distress, I guess that makes you my knight in shining armor, huh?” she asked, smiling and batting her eyelashes at him.

“Absolutely,” he replied, smiling back at her and planting the sweetest little kiss on the top of her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know it's been almost two months since I've written anything for this but hopefully people are still interested? I just randomly got this huge urge to write and powered this chapter out in legitimately about twenty minutes. I know it's a bit short, but it's been a while since I've written anything and I feel kind of rusty, so please forgive me. Also, I didn't proofread this before I posted it, so hopefully there's not any horrible errors. I'll proofread in the morning.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! I'm totally in love with this story again so hopefully I keep up with it this time.

xo