Stay the Night

Six

Jon decided we’d take a cab to my apartment, since we had both been drinking. In the ride, Jon had a polite conversation with the cab driver who had recognized him. I smiled how sweet Jon was, he could’ve been rude but I don’t think that was in his nature. When we pulled outside my apartment building Jon paid as I slid out. I waited on the sidewalk for him, before we walked up the stairs to the door.
“I don’t have a doorman,” I giggled, “so, you’ll have to suffer with me as I open my own door.”
Jon laughed and rolling his eyes, “I have lived in normal places before.”
“I’d like to hear about that.”
We made our way over to the elevator, pressing my floor we rode in silence. It wasn’t awkward at all, it was kind comforting. Half way up Jon grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. I looked up at him, as he smiled a crooked smile and stared forward. The doors opened and I pulled Jon along with me. Only letting go of his hand to open our door. I walked Jon into the silent apartment, signaling for him to be quiet because I didn’t want Elwood to wake up and attack him. I slipped off my heels and walked over to the kitchen. I opened to fridge and grabbed two beers. “Here,” I handed him one, “mind sitting on the couch while I change really quick?”
“Yea of course,” Jon smiled. He grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.
I walked into my room and placed my things on the bench in front of my bed. I walked into my closet and slipped out of my clothes. I slipped on a pair of leggings, toping off with my flannel Burberry button up. I traded my nude heels for a warm pair Uggs. I stared at myself in my mirror. I really hope Jon finds this cute, cause this is me. I grabbed my nerdy glasses out of my purse and walked out into the living room.
Jon was sitting still on the couch, but now Elwood was curled up on his lap sleeping. His eyes were on Sport Center while one hand was petting the puppy. My heart melted.
“Hey, you look quite comfortable,” I said as I walked over to him.
“Yeah, what can I say,” Jon chuckled, “he loves me.”
“He’s a lover thats for sure. Would you want to go onto the roof and sit?”
Jon looked up at me, “You have rooftop access?”
“Yeah, it’s the reason Rachel and I chose this apartment.” Walking into the kitchen, “Well, that and the closets are amazing.”
I heard Jon’s foot steps behind me, he was holding Elwood on his arm with a beer in the other. “It looks like a sweet setup. Much better then the house I lived in while I was at school.”
“I have a good idea what the house looked like,” I smiled grabbing food and more beer. I placed everything into a basket so it would be easier to carry. We walked into my room, since the stair way was through my closet.
“You’re room is so clean,” Jon said behind me.
I nervously laughed, “Thanks, I’m kind of an organized freak. Wait till you see my closet.”
“Oh lord,” Jon exclaimed as we entered the closet, “are your shoes are lined up based on height and colors?”
“If I said yes would you judge me?”
We walked up the stair to the skylight that acted as a door. I unlock the window, pushing the glass out. Rachel and I had set up a quant little living area up here. There was a table with a few chairs around it, lounge chairs, and a bar. I had planted a few flowers up here as a stress reliever during summer semester. Everything was wrapped in Christmas lights, since they were my favorite thing in the world. Jon place Elwood down, as I placed the basket on the table.
“This is amazing,” Jon said breathlessly.
I smiled at him, “It’s pretty stunning right?”
“You can see the whole sky line from up here.”
“Wait one minute, it gets better,” I ran over to the plug to light up the lights.
Behind me, I heard Jon, “Much better. The twinkly lights totally set the mood.”
“I know it’s very romantic up here,” I walked to the lounge chair. I patted next to me to motion for Jon to join me. He walked slowly over to me, never breaking eye contact. He sat down next to me, letting me lean into him. His breathing was steady, and deep. I put the my beer to my lips, taking a deep swig from it. I could feel my buzz coming back.
Elwood cried at the side for me to pick him up, “Do you mind if he sits with us?”
“No, not at all,” Jon said, “I miss having a dog.”
I pulled the puppy onto my lap, “I’m sure you have space for a dog.”
Jon laughed, “I’m not hurting on space. It’s more about the time to spend with it.”
“I totally understand, I refused to get a dog until I had time to really take care of it. But, then I met the love of my life, I couldn’t say no.”
Jon’s arm squeeze around me, his other hand was petting Elwood. The light of the city sparkled around us. It was almost magical sitting there with Jon. I could feel my body get tired as I let out a yawn.
“Are you tired?” Jon asked.
“I guess so,” I covered my mouth, “it’s been such a long day.”
Jon chuckled, pulling me into him more, “Yeah, I’m exhausted myself.”
We drank are beers and talked about ourselves. Touching on our childhoods, schooling, and even what we wanted in the future. I felt so comfortable I even told Jon a little about my problems with love and trust. He just chuckled, saying that there was no reason to feel that way. I bit my lip and let his comment go. Elwood kicked me in his sleep, reminding me how tired I was also. I didn’t want Jon to go, but I didn’t want Jon to get the wrong idea if I ask him to stay the night. It was almost like Jon was reading my mind.
“Cailynn, are you tired?” Jon looked down at me, “Cause I can leave if you want.”
I smiled back at him, “Would you want to stay the night?”
Jon’s eyes widen, as he licked his lip, “Are you sure?”
“Yeah, I’m not asking for anything more,” I said nervously, “but, I don’t want you to leave.”
Jon chuckled and look away, “Let’s just go lay down.”
I picked up Elwood slowly up from my lap, and grabbed some of the bottles, placing them into the basket. Jon said he would grab the basket, for me to just take Elwood down and he would be behind. When I got down to my room I placed Elwood into his dog bed in the corner of my room. Jon walked by, taking the basket into the kitchen. I walked into the my closet and grabbed my PJs,a pair of running shorts on and old Blackhawks shirt. Jon was sitting on my bed with no shirt on, staring at some of the pics on my beside table. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail looking at him.
“That’s my mother and grandmother,” Jon jumped to the sound of my voice.
“Oh sorry, I was just looking at all the pictures you had.”
“No, it’s fine,” I said, “I’m going to go clean my face. Make yourself comfy, the remote is on that table.”
I walked into my bathroom and began to scrub my face. Jon must’ve been watching Duck Dynasty cause I could hear the callings and hillbilly talk coming from my room. I brushed my teeth and checked myself in the mirror. Even though my hair was pulled back and face was cleaned of makeup I felt like I looked decent enough. I regret almost immediately that I had chosen to put on a Blackhawks shirt to wear. I couldn’t go change now, Jon had seen me wear this. Just hope he didn’t think I was a stalker. Jon was on top of my covers with just briefs on. My stomach was in my throat.
“You ready for bed?” I said shakily.
Jon looked up at me, “Yeah, I like your shirt.”
“I bet you do,” I laughed.
I laughed nervously, and slide under the covers next to Jon. He turned off the TV, as I reached over and switched off the lights. I slid down into the bed, as I felt his hands wrap around my middle and pull me into him. We were faced to face, look at each other dead in the eyes. Thank god I brushed my teeth. Jon smiled a crooked smile as his fingers made designs in the small of my back. I took in a sharp breath. His lips connected to mine, as a rush of energy rang through my body. I pressed my body head into him, feeling his muscles tense up around me. My hands were twisted up in his hair, when I pulled it lightly he moan. Everything about the kiss was perfect, as passion and lust came with every movement. After what felt like forever, Jon pulled away to look at me.
“I think we should stop here,” he said breathlessly.
I nodded my head and flipped my body over. Jon cuddled up against me, putting light kisses on my neck. My breathing was difficult to catch as my mind raged quickly. But all I could think about is what the hell did I get myself into, as I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think... or anything! Thanks for reading!