Drank the Poison

In Cars

“Just trust me babe.”

And I did. I turned my brain off the second Vic turned off the car’s engine and shifted to look at me.

A rush of butterflies shot through me and I felt that familiar sense of nerves right before something big was about to happen.

“Do you know how perfect you are Kells?” My cheeks reddened at Vic’s random compliment.

“You barely even know me” I retorted shyly.

“Maybe I’m just a good judge of character.”

And with that Vic leaned forward and I froze for a second, forgetting that I was supposed to lean in too.

Vic reached up and grasped the collar of my shirt, pulling me towards him. “Your innocence is adorable.” He whispered, pushing the hair out from my eyes.

I looked down, embarrassed from what he had just said. Just then, Vic moved his hand to my jaw and gently pressed his lips to mine.

My breathing seemed to stop, and I tensed up at his touch.

“Relax.” Vic breathed softly against my lips. So I did as I was told and let myself melt when he began to kiss me again.

It felt good. He began to lightly suck on my bottom lip, so I let my instincts take over, and I parted my lips, fully knowing what was coming next.

In perfect sync with me, Vic’s tongue effortlessly glided over mine. I pushed myself forward, becoming more passionate. I placed a hand onto his thigh, and placed the other one onto the back of his neck, lightly gripping his hair. And instead of stopping us like he had before, Vic became more passionate too.

There was nothing holding us back now except for curfew, but that was the last thing on my mind in this moment.

He was an expert, and everything felt so natural. I could feel warmth shoot through me, and it was like I craved his touch.

I gathered up the courage to shift us so that I was now straddling him. Vic, who obviously wasn’t expecting me to be so bold, quickly readjusted us.
He curved his back and the gap in between us was no longer there. The friction felt amazing and I accidently let a tiny moan escape from my lips. That sent Vic into overtime, and he grasped at my hips and pulled them towards him. He began to rock us quickly back and forth creating even more friction.

But when I rocked backwards, I ended up hitting the car horn. The noise was so loud that I nearly jumped out of my skin. I hit my head against the roof with such force that I think I actually made a dent.

I leaned forward, putting my head onto his shoulder and pressing myself close to Vic so that it wouldn’t happen again. He began to laugh as he wrapped his arms around me. And I pouted, obviously unhappy and frustrated with what has just happened.

“Maybe that was a sign. We should probably head back now, or else we may never get to do this again. And what a shame that would be.”

I looked at the clock on the dashboard, and it was 11:55. We had five minutes before midnight.

Shit. My mom is going to kill me.

We have at least twenty minutes of driving before we get to my house. My eyes widened as I jumped back into my seat.

Vic, still chuckling, turned the car on and began to drive well over the speed limit. I began to panic, thinking about how much trouble I was going to be in. If I don’t get to see Vic again, I don’t know what I’d do.

He’s the first person to ever show any interest in me, and I’m not going to let this end so quickly.

“Kellin, it’s going to be okay, we’ll be home in no time. Relax. Just text your mom right now so that she knows you’re still alive.” Vic calmed me down.

I nodded and grabbed my phone:

To: Mom Me and the other guys decided to go out for ice cream and we’re on our way home right now.

From: Mom No problem! Hope all of you had fun. I’m going to bed, come say hi when you’re home.

“See what did I tell you.” Vic said boastfully.

I felt stupid for having worried so much. I really should trust Vic’s judgment more often.

Miraculously, Vic got me home in a shocking ten minutes. I don’t know how he did it while remaining so cool the whole time.

I pointed at the tiny house at the end of the street. I felt a little embarrassed because my house is anything but nice.

“It’s adorable. Just like you.” Vic said smoothly.

“No it’s not. And neither am I!” I said with an exaggerated eye roll.

“Okay, Sassy.” Vic joked.

“I am not sassy! Well, I guess I can be sometimes. But that makes me sound so dramatic! Well, I guess I can be that too but still y-you..”

Vic gave me a long, final kiss. I sunk into it, completely losing my train of thought.

I just wanted to take in everything. The way his cologne smells, the taste of his mouth, everything. Because who knows when I’ll see him next. I don’t know about him, but I don’t think I can wait an entire week.

Eventually I pulled away though, because it was already five minutes past curfew. I was about to get out when Vic quickly reached over me to grab a pen from the glove compartment and started to write a phone number down on my arm.

“Since no one seems to trust me after the whole ‘school drug dealer thing’, I’m still not allowed to have a Facebook or anything like that, and Mike and I had a tiny altercation that ended up with my phone being smashed into a million pieces, but I want you to have some way of contacting me incase you every need anything. Okay? Don’t hesitate. Really. But this is my home phone, so just, just be cautious, okay?”

I smiled a genuine smile at Vic’s gesture. I got out of his car and walked up the lawn. I opened the door and looked back to see Vic waiting until I was safely inside before driving away.

I walked quietly through the hallway, and cracked open my mom’s door.

“Hey Mom, I’m home”

“Hey Kells, how was it?”

I swallowed the guilt that I suddenly felt, remembering the lie that mom had willing bought.

“Umm. I-it was really fun, but I’m exhausted so I-I’m going to go to bed.”

“I’m glad you’re making more friends, Kellin, but just promise me that you’ll be careful with some of these people. They all are still in recovery, so just, just be cautious, honey, I love you”

“Love you too Mom.”

And with that I went into my room, stripped down to my boxers, and laid down on my bed.

I began to think about my mom’s words of advice.

But I know exactly what I’m getting myself into. And I’m old enough to be making my own decisions, and that ultimately means choosing to spend my time with whoever I want. And obviously that person would be Vic.

And as long as no one finds out about us, and as long as we don’t get caught sneaking around doing anything ‘more than friendly’ I don’t see anything wrong with what we are doing.