Overpower Past with Future Love

The Gods and Peasants

Years ago before the first human was here there was a land of gods powerful and their servants who obey every command. Cyrus son of the greatest god once wandered the forbidden halls where no God shall enter. The home of the servants, where they all did their hard labor and finalized their personal business. Before he fully entered his father boomed in fury as he found where his son has roamed. Once Cyrus got to his father he was punished he sat on the throne beside his fathers right. His father called in a servant and in she came. Ebony a new hand to the crew, she walked in slowly her head down and hands fiddling with each other. As Cyrus sat there slumped in his throne she spoke humbly "yes sire, how may I assist you today?" He looked up at her and fixed his posture giving off a powerful face, "look at me when you speak have your people taught you nothing?" She jumped a little and looked up, he looked into her frost green eyes and saw terror with dashes of envy but she kept a calm and toned face. Cyrus cracked a smile enjoying her hidden emotions. "Go gather the temple for a great meeting and give them this," he ordered as the guards gave Ebony sacks of supplies and parchment to hand out as she took on this job. "Once done you will be serving Cyrus to his very need, you shall clean his room, cook his food, and so on. Now run along before I have you exiled," she turned on her heel and went off. "Father why give me a woman as a servant, I don't need any of her stupid help, I mean did you see her? Helpless weak," father snapped and he walked off to his room. As Ebony went on throughout the temple and went on door by door handing out each supply and each parchment, being scolded and arms thrashed at being shooed away. But she did as she did, she gathered what was needed at the servants local market in the temples plaza to create dinner for her now master. It was great opportunity to serve a god but to serve one who was selfish and cruel and whom used such unloyal demeanor was the worst punishment to have. After being raised to take in the pain she still can't let it go that he will rule the temple when he is such foolish she knows he will destroy the temples land by his mockery. Back in the kingdom as this went on Cyrus hear yet another song. He jogged his way to the corridor where the music grew stronger and stronger the closer he got. The noise arose he lived it a lot. He entered the corridor fully through and in this corridor was something new. Children frolicking around with their friends in rags, mothers and fathers walk barefoot and they were sad. The bell struck and they all ran, they began cleaning, farming, working. "So this is the land of the Peasants," he snickered as he wandered around looking at their little things, cold, poor and,famished they looked even to a King. His idea of this world was rather odd, he thought it was better for them especially to work hard. He passed by the farms where little kids plow away, sweat over their brows their feelings were astray. Not the slightest of pity ran through his mind. Where he found her was surprising, her name was Cleo the fairest young maiden of the servants. As he approached and looked into her beautiful chocolate brown eyes she curtsied "What honor do I owe you Sire," she pipped. He smiled and bowed to the beautiful Young girl. "Would you like to see the Palace?" She smiled and nodded, taking ahold of his arm delicately. They laughed the entire way and running into his father who was burning red, "Father, may I introduce you to Cleo Grace, the rarest of roses I have ever met, I wish to have her for dinner have that one peasant cook her supper as well," he nodded approving of her seeing only her beauty.