Status: "Even the most ordinary people can be the most Legendary. Remember that."

The Only One

The Library

There is a single way to find self-induced solitude. All you must do is venture far off. Far off anywhere. You mustn't know where you are going, and you mustn't remember where you came from. Eventually, in all due time, you will arrive at the Dark Place. This Dark Place is unknown, full of fear. You can't find it, it finds YOU. You can't wish for it, you have to WANT it. This's what this place feeds off of. WANT. The fact that you want nothing more than to be alone in a paradise full of perfection. The only thing you need to know is how to achieve it when you come to this place.
You must venture deep into this Dark Place. It usually appears to those as a forest or swamp. Even a field maze. What you must do from then on is nothing special. It relies on the bravery and superiority of the individual. Wether or not you can handle going through this place and not show the least bit of fear. You mustn't look behind you at all costs. To keep you from being too curious, I will tell you why. Don't take this as a chance to get a glimpse. You WILL regret it.
There's a guide standing right behind you at all times. It looks as if it has been ripped from limb to limb and chopped brutally into many chunks, then sewn back together. Almost as if it was a psychotic child's play toy. I like to call it "Rag-Doll". As previously stated, don't look behind you. It is one of the many things in the Dark Place that is out to get you as soon as you show the least bit of fear. This one... Oh this one... It is a child's sweetest dream compared to everything else. But it is highly doubted you will come in contact with them. Therefore, I won't be bothered with mentioning it.
The only thing you need to remember is that you must WANT solitude as much as possible. You mustn't FEAR the tiniest bit- or at least don't show it. The time you do, an array of the most nightmarish creatures will lunge from the darkness and attack you, killing you almost instantly. Walk at a normal speed. Don't look behind you. Don't swivel your head around too much. Don't even try to see what's in front of you. Don't. Stop. Walking. Keep the most confident look on your face. They are watching. No matter how much you try to conceal yourself, they can see you.
When you arrive at the center, you will know. You'll find a large house with everything you ever wanted. Everything you will ever need. Inside will be a beautiful maid who you may claim as you wife and will do anything you please. If you are a woman, there will be a handsome butler in which will almost absolutely fall in love with you (or perhaps you swing the other way. The Dark Place knows). If you please, you can have children. They will grow up to be loving, respectful, athletic, and intelligent. Life will be good for you; and you will die happily. Your child(ren) will as well. Nothing bad will happen. You and everyone in the house will remain perfectly healthy. Surrounded with people who match your supreme superiority.
But with perfection comes a price. All you will have to pay is that you may never leave. If you happen to make it through and you do not see paradise- that is because they don't want you there. You've shown you do not possess superiority, nor bravery. Most likely, not even the smallest evanescence of wanting. They will trap you there. Any event of leaving will cause your death. But don't worry, you will die anyway. There will be no food. There will be no water. Things out of your worst nightmares will swarm around you. This dark place will infest your brain with thoughts you've pushed to the back of your mind for a reason. There, you will sit and cower and cry until you die of starvation or dehydration. You'll be lucky if it rains. Even then- they'll probably kill you off for no reason. Either they were done taunting you and have had their fun. Or perhaps they just got tired of your whining. Whatever it may be, you will not live.
In the event you were led to paradise, go ahead and be happy. You are free from whatever led you to find solitude. You probably did it for the same reason as I. You know how superior you are compared to everyone else and you simply despise the idiots that inhabit this world.

I shut the tiny book and tucked it in my back pocket. It had many more yellowing pages; probably to elaborate a bit more. But I simply couldn't bother with it right now. I needed to find that place. Just as they implied, I simply can't deal with the complete idiots who surround me day by day. Spewing their nonsense and completely ignoring what's going on around them. I feel like they're all borderline insane and are probably just living in a fantasy world. Either way, by completing this act, I may finally find an escape.
"See ya later, Mr. Sebastian Fallen." Called the librarian. He knew me quiet well actually, though I can't say the same about him. I can't even remember his name. Perhaps he was used to me coming in everyday.
"Sorry," I said, still walking, wiping my hair out of my face, "But unfortunately I will not be returning." And before he could ask why, I had exited the building.

That night I put on a nice fresh pair of clothing and combed my midnight black hair. I looked in the mirror before I left the door. How it was such a shame that someone as handsome as I had to leave so many people behind. I guess it was for the better. I wasn't a scrawny nerd, nor an over-muscled steroid abusing block head. I was that perfect inbetween. Devilishly handsome.
And with this mindset, I wrote a note to the landlord and placed my keys next to it. All of my keys. I granted him the right to my car as an apology for such rude behavior. I don't believe I have any family members alive anymore- so I might as well give it to him. I even took the time to retrieve my will from a small safe stored under my bed. I would much rather grant him something than leave it all to waste.
I will admit, I am going to miss the lavish memories of my condo. So many girlfriends and their children. A few like-minded friends over for a good time. Turned out all those people were no where near as amazing as I thought they were. I can bet 2,000,000 dollars that they were faking it. Not that I had that much either way. Just enough to sustain a rich lifestyle which was good enough for me. At that time, anyway.
Now, I will find perfection where I'm going.
I finally detached myself from my condo (which seemingly became more grotesque as I stood there) and headed out the door. Inside, I could hear my phone ringing, but ignored going in to pick it up as I usually would. Where I was going, there was no need for phones. Where I was going, there were no imbeciles wandering aimlessly around. There was only everything and everyone I could ever need or want. And as I rode the elevator down to the lobby, I smiled as I saw the smirk on my face reflected back at me. I let myself know I wouldn't have to listen to the bland elevator music everyday anymore. I was finally free to enjoy what I wanted without the idiotic nature of many of the humans that roamed this imperfect world I lived on.
I finally exited my condo building, not without the watchman and the doorman giving me a quick awkward glance. Me, going out at 12:00 midnight wasn't normal. But I ignored their glances and walked off along the sidewalk. Willing to go wherever the Dark Place was. Where my paradise awaits.