Status: A drabble.

Forever Seventeen

He wasn’t particularly beautiful or extraordinarily talented but I loved him nonetheless. He wasn’t particularly kind or evil, he wasn’t really all that much of anything but I loved him anyway.

He wasn’t a saint and not quite yet a sinner, he wasn’t magical with a big heart and a boisterous laugh. He wasn’t pretty in his sad moments and he wasn’t heartfelt at night. He wasn’t any of these things yet to me he was the most fascinating person I had ever met.

He was made up of rare moments of sanity and special words with often only fleeting moments of hope. He was nothing to everyone; he was nothing out of the ordinary. He just was I suppose, he simply was and while that might not be enough for most; it was more than enough for me.

It’s raining as each drop falls I am reminded of his eyes, they were not hypnotizing nor were they spectacular. They were hazel the most common color and they were much like anyone else’s eyes. I don’t know why they seemed so different to everyone else’s but they did, it really makes no sense how such an ordinary person could appear so magical. But then love does that doesn't it? Makes even the most average of us beautiful in the eyes of someone else.

For this contest

I own all plot and characters.