In Another Life

The Encounter

After Scout's bath, she decided to just curl up in bed with Luke and watch a film. Mid way through Fight Club, there was a strange noise coming from outside her door. Alarmed, Scout quickly retrieved her gun from under her bed in a safe box, and loaded it. She wasn't taking any chances this time since she wasn't expecting visitors.

"Hello?" She called out, holding the weapon up towards the door. She opened it slowly and peaked out. There wasn't anyone there. "Hello?!" She repeated just a little louder. Still nothing. Against her better judgement, she stepped out of her room to investigate. The sound was carried through her house and led her to the French door of her library. She swung them both open, gun still raised, and gasped, dropping it to the floor. Good thing the safe was still on. "Loki..." Her voice was barely audible, but he heard. He turned around to face her. He looked completely worn and out of energy. His eye was sunken in the dark circles sounding them. He was dressed in his Asgardian wear and holding some sort of spear. Something told Scout that he wasn't the same person he was before he left not too long ago. "Are you okay?"

"You must come with me." He spoked out, rushing to her side, and reaching for her hand. Scout pulled her hand back and put it behind her.

"No." Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Why should she go anywhere with him? He left her, saying he was never coming back. He had no right to be standing in front of her now. "You need to leave." Although he was clearly exhausted and need of rest, she didn't care. He made his choice. He didn't choose her.

"Please, there is no time to argue."

"Yeah, I know. You're just going to disappear again without warning, so I'm not even going to bother. I'm going to sleep. I don't want to deal with this crap right now. I've had a really long and terrible day because some crazy man at...-"

"I know. I saw, but you must trust me. I must get you to safety."

"What do you mean, you know?" Her confusion went further until she realized it. "That light...it was you. You saved me."

"Yes. Now we must go. War is upon this realm and I have to bring you to safety."

"What? War? Loki, I...-"

"Please." His eyes were practically begging her. Although she had no clue what he was talking about, she wasn't going to argue anymore. Obviously he was freaked over something, so she was going to go along with it to put his mind a ease.

"Fine, but I'm not going anywhere without Luke. He's coming with us."

"Go get your damn creature. Hurry."

She went back into her room, turned off the movie, and grabbed Luke. Loki followed closely beside her, keeping a watchful eye on his surroundings. Scout went into her closet and got Luke's Louis Vuitton pet carrier, placing him inside. "Do I need to pack anything? Where are we going exactly?"

"Your clothing will not suffice where you will be."

"Okay...? So....do I..or?"

"I am taking you to Asgard."

Scout shut up after that. She didn't really know what to say after that. Loki was taking her to a whole nether world. A place that can't be reached on foot or car or plane. She would no longer be on Earth. It would have been fascinating if she weren't so suddenly scared. Before any more words could be spoken, they disappeared from her bedroom closet, and appeared in another room.

"You will stay here. Do not leave this room."

"Where I am?"

"These are my chambers....well, were mine."

"In Asgard? I'm in Asgard." She looked around the room in awe. It definitely fit him well. I was everything she expected it to be and more. This place was far more luxurious than any place Tony owned. She was shocked at that.

"Yes, but no one can know you are here. Promise me you will not leave."

"What will I do for food? What about Luke? What if someone comes in here? What do I do then? How long will I be here? Where are you going? Why can't I go with you?" She had a million questions but there wasn't time for them all.

Loki groaned in response. "I have all the necessities you will need while you are here just beyond that door." He answered one question, pointing to a door that must have been a closet of some sort. "No one will come to bother you because they think of me to be dead. No one cared about me. No one will come in here. It is not safe for you to be with me. I know not how long I will be gone but I promise, I will return for you."

"Promise?" She frowned, worrying for his safety. He wasn't looking to be in the best condition. Even though he completely bailed on her and broke her heart, she still loved him. That didn't just change over night.

"I promise you, Scout."

She set Luke's bag down on Loki's beg for him to jump out of, then went over to Loki and flung herself in his arms. He accepted her embrace with no hesitation, pressing his lips to her temple. "Please be careful." She whispered, slightly pulling away, and placing her lips onto his own. It became heated with passion and love in no time at all. Scout pulled away, running her finger tips down his jaw line, before resting it softly on his neck. "I don't want to lose you." She confessed.

"You won't. I am not easy to get rid of." He joked, with a small laugh. Scout didn't find it funny though. She knew he was just trying to make her feel better but this moment was too serious for her to being in the joking mood. She didn't know what else to say. He was leaving her again to fit some kind of "war", and she was now in a strange place with no where to go. Loki suddenly slipped from her embrace, but not before kissing her one last time. Then vanished in to thin air. She would never get used to him doing that and was starting to think it was annoying. It wasn't fair how he could just leave like that at any time. While Scout was left in his old bedroom with a million questions still with no answer.

Once she knew he was gone for good, she went over to the door he pointed out to her. How could he have everything she needed? Opening the door, she was expecting Asgardian clothing and food to be placed inside, but she was wrong. It was full of potions and spell books. What the hell was Loki thinking? She had no idea how to even use any of these things. Sure, she could read minds. She was gifted, but not at any of this crap. This was totally out of her league. She sighed, and shut the door behind her, going back over to his bed and collapsing. Today was just full of unnecessary surprises and all she wanted to do at this point was sleep.

She was woken abruptly the next morning , by someone shaking her shoulder rather rough. "Thor, be gentle." Opening her eyes, she was faced with two sets of eyes staring at her with confusion and wonder. One she instantly recognized to be Thor, but she couldn't place the other.

"Uh...hi?" Luke wasn't on the bed anymore. He more than likely ran away in fear after the two came in the room. He didn't like knew people, especially men. The only one he did like was Loki.

"Who are you?" The woman asked.

"Scout Cohen."

"What are you doing in my brothers chambers? You have no right to be here, scaring my mother." Thor's voice boomed. He was trying to sound scary but it wasn't working on Scout. Loki told her all about him and his little tactics. They wouldn't work on her.

Scout asked, her voice hopeful. She got off Loki's bed and stood beside them. "You are Frigga?"

"Yes. I am." She responded softly, her voice with a hint of hope to.

"Loki speaks so fondly of you." Frigga's light up at the name, and Scout now knew her mistake. They thought Loki to be dead. Of course they didn't know why Scout was there. She wasn't suppose to be seen. Not even a day had gone by since Loki left her and already she was doing what he told her not to do. She was seen. Frigga's mind was suddenly filled with joyful memories of her son, and Scout frowned at the thought. Scout gathered the Frigga came into Loki's chambers every morning in hope that he would be there on time. Even though she knew it was impossible, it never stopped her and no one dared to question her actions. She loved Loki deeply. Of course her hiding out here wasn't going to ever work. Frigga couldn't stay away from the place Loki spent most of his days.

"Loki." She spoke breathlessly. "He is here?"

"No. Not anymore. He left." Frigga suddenly felt sadness but didn't let it show. Little did she knew that Scout knew exactly what she thinking of. She was hoping to see her son, alive, and he wasn't even there. He didn't even bother to contact her to let her know he was alive and okay. It broke her heart. "I am so sorry. I know you have a lot of questions, but I only have so many answers. Loki asked me not to be seen by anyone. He did not want you knowing I was here."

"Where is he? Is he okay?"

"I am unsure, but I will guess he's back on Earth."

"Midguard? What business does Loki have there?" Thor asked urgently. Looking into his mind, Scout now knew how right Loki was about Thor. He was a total idiot, but his mind was also full of love and promise, mostly for his brother. If only Loki knew.

"I am unsure of that. He never exactly told me anything as to why exactly he was there to begin with. And he wouldn't tell me why he brought me here. Just that there's a war or something and he needed me to be safe."

"You? Safe?" Thor asked. "Who exactly are you?" He wanted to know what sort of relation she was to Loki. If she was behind some evil scheme of his.

"I know what you're thinking, and I have nothing to do with what's going on. I don't even know what is going on. Loki became my friend and I took care of him while on Earth. I guess he was just trying to look after me and bring me here. I don't know really."

"You spoke of war? What war?"

"I don't know, Thor! Honestly, I have no clue. Loki has been staying at my house and sometimes he would leave and go to some other planet or something to "take care of business" and I just...I don't really have a good answer for you."

"Could Loki be bringing war to Midguard?"

"I...I mean...I...he's not...like that."

"You know nothing of my brother. You know not what he is like."

"Neither do you! He might have done something bad in that past and tried to harm you but he is different now! Do not be so quick to judge him when you were once in his place. Clearly, you have not forgotten about the war you nearly caused for Asgard with the Frost Giants. It is what you are thinking of right now."

"How...how did you know that?"

"I have the power to read your thoughts? Sorry, but none of your secrets are safe if you're near me. I will tell you this though, whatever Loki is doing, it is not by choice. Someone is forcing him to do these things. It's not him. Whatever you do, please do not hurt him." She begged Thor.

"You care about my son?" Frigga asked.

"Yes. I love Loki."

Frigga smiled brightly, thinking this was Loki's second chance at life. "Get your father, Thor. Tell him there is trouble on Midguard. You must go there now and save your brother. Bring him home. Go now."

"Yes, mother." Thor shot Scout a quick glare, which she returned, before leaving Loki's room to find the Allfather.

Frigga went over to the couch across the room, near a fire place and bookcase, and took a seat. Luke wasn't too far away, and saw Frigga sit down. It was his opportunity to sit on a warm lap. He ran as fast as his little cat legs could take him and greeted Frigga. She smiled at the little creature, and petted him gently. "Sit with me, dear. Tell me all of how my son is." There was so much she needed to be caught up on. Hearing he was alive was the greatest news ever. She was going to have her youngest son home soon and things were going to return to normal in Asgard. Frigga only hoped Scout would choose to stay and be with Loki. It was as if Frigga was purposely thinking of only that because that's all Scout could gather from her mind. They spent the rest of the morning discussing Loki while Thor and Odin discussed a plan of action to get Loki back to his own realm, and save Midguard from harm. They had to act fast before time ran out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sad that no one really likes this story, haha. So this will be the last chapter for awhile. I'm really busy with school anyways. Sorry to those who actually like it.

Thank you dreamcatcher1864 for the comment (: I appreciate it.