Status: Hiatus

Chances

Chapter 2

Edward's Point of View

Keep beating.

Keep beating.

Keep beating.

Don't leave me.

I sat watching Bella lay still for the last time. She looked like she was sleeping. My Bella was-is-beautiful. We watched and read Romeo and Juliet but I had never fully understood Romeo until now.

Through Bella's humanity was dying, her beauty just increased with death.

I sat side by side by my wife waiting for her to move. To scream. Anything.

Still.

She laid still as if sleeping or dead... In a way she would be.

"Edward, meet your daughters," Alice coached. " Bella's fine. They need to see you."

Alice smiled at me as I stood and we walked to the living room.

"Edward, look at them," Esme nodded to Rose and herself.

I came closer and picked up the sleeping infant in my mother's arms.

The movement startled her and she whined.

"Shhhh. Shhh. It's okay. It's okay,"

We haven't named her yet. She needs a name.

"Daddy's got you," I cooed and she grabbed my finger tight.

My baby girl opened her eyes and then I saw it.

I imagine some fathers are surprised when they see their baby's eyes.

None were as surprised as me to see my Bella's face in their heads.

The face was pale from bloodless and her cheekbones stuck out from the complicated pregnancy but that was my Bella.

"Did you see that?"

My family looked on confused.

"Never mind." I abruptly shook my head in irritation.

I'm not crazy.

Says the guy who hears voices in his head.

I shook it off and walked around holding my youngest daughter.

"You need a name. If your mother was here, she'd give you the most unique and beautiful name but you'll have to make do with me. She knew you and Renesmee would be one of a kind so I'll follow your mother's lead. Renesmee was named after your Nana and your Grandmother. I have two mothers so Esme and Elizabeth make Esmebeth. Your middle name has to be combined too. Your mother and your Aunt Rosalie worked hard to bring you here so your middle name is Isalie."

"Welcome to the world Esmebeth."