Status: updates once a week

A Love Like War

Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay)

It was more so shocking to awake peacefully than feel my body loudly jolted from a nightmare by the sound of a pounding alarm. With my eyes beginning to blink open I recalled last night, and my luck that today was our day off. Once my sight began to clear in focus, I could see the figure in the bed across from me with his brown eyes open and watching me, a smile on his lips. The lips that kissed me over and over last night, my fears and memories melting away with each touch. Remembering, I blushed and threw my sheets over top my head to hide the embarrassment.
“Aw, come out.” Vic’s sleepy voice beckoned.
“No.” I grunted, wanting to crawl deeper inside.
“I don’t feel uncomfortable if you don’t.” he said again, his voice quieter now but closer. Peeking out from underneath the cover, Vic quickly grabbed it and threw my sheets down. I instantly clambered for them and covered myself back up.
“Pervert.” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. It wasn’t until I then noticed Vic was scantily clad as well in just his boxers.
“Says who?” He remarked, noticing my gaze. I felt my face redden again as I looked away. Vic held onto my chin and lifted it up, looking at me.
“Adorable.” He whispered, before leaning in and pecking me on the nose. With that he stood up and reached for his suitcase, hidden under the bed, and pulled out a prepared pile of clothing. As to not look too creepy, and as much as I wanted to watch, I repeated the same process with my back turned from him. I slid on old trousers and a white t-shirt, the sleeves turned up to showcase my growing arms. I wasn’t exactly waifish before, but now I was looking strong.
Like a soldier.
Turning around I noticed Vic was shirtless, so I scattered out of the room before I was enchanted by watching him. With a sigh I began to walk into the next corridor. Slowing down my speed, I looked around when a figure stepped out of an apartment doorway.
“I see you came and found me instead, eh?”
I felt my breath catch in my throat at the sight of Peter. His hair, still slightly dripping wet from a shower, splattered dots onto my shirt as he stepped closer.
“Making it easier. Good boy.” He whispered in my ear, his hand clutching onto my waist. The feeling I would have loved if it were anyone else, but his made me feel like acid dripping onto my skin. I slapped Peter’s hand away and took a step back. But Peter grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his apartment.
“Little mouse, hopping straight into the trap.” He laughed, making my stomach churn. His hand dropped and began to rub the front of my pants, making me grind my teeth.
“En-enough.” I stuttered, feeling powerless.
“Mmm, never.” He growled, nipping at my ear as he reached around and squeezed my ass.
Instantly reacting to his invasiveness, I lifted my knee up and met his crotch, Peter falling to the floor and groaning instantly.
“Son of a bitch!” He screamed, muffled by the floor. Enjoying his weakness and my power, I dropped to a knee and leaned in.
“Don’t fuck with me again.” I whispered into his ear before getting up. I near ran out of his bunker when reality caught up and I was clutching my stomach, leaning in his doorway as I prepared to be sick. I heard footsteps approach but my watered eyes couldn’t see.
“Kels? Kel, you okay?” I heard Vic, his two hands around my waist in comfort, and not force, as he steadied me. “What’s happened? Why are you down-“
Vic’s voice faded out as he looked into the doorway, noticing Peter on the ground. Preparing to be hit or yelled at as I would have expected from my father, Vic just chuckled.
Chuckled.
“Whatever happened in there… you did well,” Vic spoke gently, his thumb mindlessly rubbing at my side. “But whatever’s going on… you can’t hide it from me. Now, let’s get you back.”
Nodding, Vic kept a hand on my waist as we walked through the empty hallway and past our bunker, Vic leading us to the main hall for lunch. Inside I was excited by his public affection but on the inside I looked awkward and nervous as my mind scanned through the past five minutes, and Vic’s feelings. Did he really like me? It was all too foreign, something on a whole new unexplored level.
His hand left my waist with a squeeze as we walked into the cafeteria, heading for the canteen.
“Looking like some delicious slop today.” He winked at me. I gave a quarter of a smile, suddenly insecure of everything. Did he really mean what he said about telling him about Peter? Was this for his knowledge or actual genuine concern? I couldn’t tell if Vic caught on to my reoccurring silence as I looked down at my shuffling feet, falling back into the pattern of my usual loathsome self.

**
We all sat in our regular corner cafeteria table, the sun setting behind us in the glass walls. I was captured by the beauty within the situation, watching the sky set red and orange hues all over the reminents of today's dark activites. I settled on passing the food around my plate until it all became an arranged mess of mush.
"Guys, I'm gonna head out." I said quietly, interrupting them. I gave a small smile and stood, Vic removing his hand from my thigh from under the table.
"See you, man." Jaime grinned, mouth half full. Vic replied with a smile the size of my own as I stood up and walked away.
Leaving Vic finished dinner with Jaime, I quietly excused myself and threw out the plate of food that remained untouched. I noticed Vic's eyes on me as I turned out the room, his glance sad as his lips kept moving to remain in time with Jaime's conversation. I shook off emotion and walked to our bunker, taking no time. I stripped off my pants and let them gather to the floor, stepping over the small pile and getting straight into bed. I ignored the itch of the cheap sheets and wrapped them around me for comfort. I turned my body towards the wall and counted the scars made on the brick over the years, staring at them with watered eyes until I was forced to blink. I felt myself begin to slowly drift off when I felt a chill on my back as the sheets were lifted, and the weight of a new body placed itself behind me. I cringed and held myself frozen in preperation for attack but the tanned arms wrapping around my waist made me relax. His fingers drew circles around me, lulling my mind and body back to sleep.
"Kellin, talk to me please." He whispered in my ear, making me blink back awake.
"Why?" I moaned, staring at the wall.
"I want to know what happened. Please."
I sighed, chills running up my arms. Vic noticed the bumps beneath his skin and began rubbing my arms to warm me up, but it wasn't a matter of being cold that made my skin crawl.
"He hurt me." I spoke, gulping. I'd never let these words come out of my mouth, told myself they'd stay entrapped with me forever. But Vic, Vic was different. Sweet wonderful Vic. I wanted to tell him everything I could. I wanted to let go of the past.
"He worked close with my father, whom I'm sure you've figured out who he is," I sighed. "He stayed at our home, he lived with us to assist my father. He and I never spoke to each other unless he needed information from me. But one night, my father was gone..."
"Kel..." Vic said warningly, my voice getting quieter and the shaking got louder.
"He was drinking, a bottle was still in his hand when he came into my room. I was playing guitar and he threw it to the ground and got on top of me. I couldn't understand what was going on until he had his pants down and was ripping mine."
I began to cry, silently shaking in Vic's arms as he held tightly.
"No, Kellin, no. No. Oh no, I'm so..." He said, kissing my jaw over and over.
"The story's not finished, yet." I smiled weakly, turning to Vic finally, but without making eye contact. "He did what he wanted with me, he made me tell him I liked it. In the heat of it all, neither of us heard the noise of my door crash open. My father screamed at me as if P-Peter wasn't there. He threw him off of me and jut excused him. Then he started to hurt me, too." Wordlessly, I guided Vic'd hand under my shirt and on my chest. I watched his eyes as I lead him through the path of destruction on my body, the crevices and scars from that night.
"His boots broke ribs. The bottle on the floor left scars."
I felt Vic's wet eyelashes on my cheek before he captured me in a sweet kiss.
"If anyone lays a hand on you again, I'm hoping that God turns away." He spoke through gritted teeth. "No one's made me feel the way you do, and I would do eveything I could to keep it like this."
♠ ♠ ♠
title to sky ferreira
i feel like nobody's a big fan here, even though i'm super proud of this tbh