Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Failure to communicate

It’s been about a month since I moved here. I still have a pretty big crush on Pierre, but now I’m desperately trying to get rid of it.

Firstly because even though he and Susan never really hooked up, they did fool around a little. And the loser that he is managed to fall head over heals for her. And guess who he asked about advice.
Yep, me!

He said he needed a girl’s advice, and he couldn’t talk to Ash for some reason, so he called me! Just great. I have developed a severe hatred towards Susan actually. She is a bitch all the way through and I think she actually knows it. She has a boyfriend, and at the same time she is fooling around with three other guys. One of them, being Pierre. Second, because I can’t tell Ash about why I hate her so much!

The only one who knows anything about my crush on Pierre is Seb, because I was desperate to tell someone. You’re probably wondering why the hell I can’t tell Ash.

Well, you see, around my second week here, Ash asked me if I liked anyone yet. I told here that there was in fact someone I found ‘interesting’ but I wasn’t going to tell her who it was. She didn’t pry, but she told me one thing. “You can like whoever you want. But just remember that there are certain guys you should watch out for.” This, of course, gets me curious. So I ask, “Like who? Anyone in particular?”

“Oh you know, guys who are only like a girl for her looks. Guys like Pierre, or that Alex guy that I introduced you to.”

Oh the irony.

Apparently Pierre has a thing for the typical perfect teenage girl type. You know; blond hair, blue eyes, walks around in cheerleading uniforms all the time and laughs with a high pitched tone whenever pretending something a guy says is funny.

So because of this nice little chat, I can’t possibly tell Ash, which results in me desperately turning to the obvious second choice; Seb.

Seb and I have gotten pretty close over the past month seeing as I can see straight into his bedroom through my bedroom window. So we often stand in the windows and talk at night. It’s really nice. Nothing creepy though! I remember to close the curtains before going to sleep every night, and I always change my clothes in the bathroom.

We’re not as close as Ash and I, because of the whole girl thing, but we’re close. Besides. It’s nice to have a guy to talk to as well sometimes. Just to get a different perspective. When you talk to another girl about a guy it’s usually; “Oh, he so likes you!” , “You guys are meant to be!”, or something like that. And if t turns out he really doesn’t like you they go to the; “Oh, he is stupid”, “He doesn’t deserve you” or my own personal favorite; “I think he might be gay!”

But at the same time, guys might get a little scared of saying the wrong thing and end up saying something stupid like “I don’t know!”

But Seb was really great about it. He actually listened to my crazy rant about everything. And let me tell you, that was one hell of a rant. I ended up yelling about children in Africa! Don’t ask me why though. Anyway, when I was done he told me he didn’t know exactly what I should do, but that should tell Ash and she wouldn’t get mad.

Of course I do know that she actually won’t get mad, I’m just really scared of the ‘I told you so’ that is bound to come my way , when I realize that Pierre is nothing but a selfish brat who cares more about his hair than other peoples feelings. But I do sort of already know that already. This whole thing is just a small insignificant stupid crush. It’s not like I’m in love with the guy!

The whole love at first sight thing is bullshit If you ask me. You can’t fall in love with someone you don’t know. To be in love you need to be willing to do anything for a person, even if it means letting them go, if that’s what makes them happy.