The Final Lullaby

The End

Sobbing into her warm palms, Star had come to the conclusion that she was needed not on this plane, not on this earth, and not with these people. She had never meant to hurt anyone and now that she had, there was only one thing left to do. In her mind it was the only thing that could be done. If she didn't, she would be entrapped in that godforsaken hospital for the rest of her days. Never seeing anything apart from the hell that they had created for her.

Sobs continued to rack her small frame as she stood up and held her palms at her sides. She allowed her power to course its way to her hands. They glowed an incredible fiery red before she pressed them to her temples and sent wave after wave of telepathic fire to her brain. Her lifeless body slumped to the floor, after her head had exploded completely. Brain matter flew out behind her and sprayed the walls with chunks of gray matter and cerebrospinal fluid. Blood poured from the hole that had been created at the base of her skull. Her lifeless body convulsed on the floor for a moment before ceasing all action.

The scientists stood shocked behind the one way glass mirror. It had all happened so fast and they could do nothing. Not a word was passed between them, yet they knew what they must do. They had to get rid of the body and all the evidence that was tied to her.

For now, they stood stock still and looked at the grotesque body that adorned the now blood soaked floor. A pool of scarlet slowly inched its way from the body to the old, overturned wheelchair. Sighing, the scientists turned around and dispersed from the exam room and went off in search of a new candidate for their experiments.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the ending chapter. I wanted Star's character to go out with a bang. :D Read, my darlings, read.