Perfectly Different

Almost Perfect

Courtney’s POV:
“Cameron, come on, we have the rehearsal dinner.” Cameron and I are finally getting married after two years of being engaged. He wanted me to focus on school while the guys did a tour and another album.
“Hang on, I just have to put this letter away.” I walk over to him. I swear the guys get more fans every day. Most go for the name and are shocked the sound isn’t as punk as The Tragic Thrills sounds, but they stick around and I’m okay with that.
“Is it like rest?” I ask him and he smiles at me.
“No, it’s different. It’s an older letter.” I walk behind him and recognize the green pen.
“Cam.”
“I don’t know what Zach, Michael, and Brent did, but I kept everything.” He tells me and I’m trying not to cry. He closes the door to what’s supposed to be a spare bedroom. Yes, we finished moving in to a house last week.
“You’re something special, Cameron Quiseng, and I love you.”
“I love you, too, Courtney. Now let’s get to this dinner so we can get married tomorrow.” Those words make me smile.
“Alright, let’s go.” I say. The night and flies by and before I can blink I’m standing in the tent, holding Cameron’s hands.
“The vows.” I hear and look in Cameron’s sparkling green eyes that still manage to take my breath away.
“Cameron, you’ve done more for me than I can ever tell you. The minute I met you, there was a spark between us and I tried to deny it, but something always brought me back to you. When I saw you four years ago I knew I couldn’t move on. You’ve always been there for me and I will always be there supporting you.”
“Courtney, you are the best thing that has happened to me. I have kept everything you ever gave me; I could never let it go. Everything that you feel, I feel, too. You have been so supportive of what I do and that means a lot to me. There is no way I could spend the rest of my life with anyone except you.” We say ‘I do’ and he kisses me.
“That was beautiful, Cam.” I say.
“Hey, what can I say?” He asks. We take a few pictures that we couldn’t get done before the wedding and walk over to the reception.
“Are you going to make me cry more?” I ask and he laughs.
“Well, you cry pretty easy.” He says.
“This is true.” I say. We eat and it’s nice to be married to him.
“Shut up, everyone!” Jordan yells and Melody takes the mic from her. This is why she was my maid of honor.
“What Jordan meant was, please be quiet so we can watch Mr. and Mrs. Quiseng during their first dance.” She says. Cameron stands up and I take his hand. He leads me to middle of the tent and I feel the sand beneath me. Oh Darling starts to play.
“Of course I’m gonna cry again.” I say. He spins me and then pulls me in close to him.
“As long as they’re tears of joy, I don’t mind.” He kisses me and everything is perfect. Almost.