Perfectly Different

Different Ways

Cameron’s POV:
“Come meet us, Cameron, you might decide to get one.” My sister, Anna, begs me. She and my dad are going to get another tattoo. Some really weird bonding thing they do.
“Fine, I’ll meet you down there in a few.”
“We’re almost there, Cam, just hurry.” She says and hangs up. I grab my jacket and helmet, then get the keys to my motorcycle. I’m going to regret walking in there.
“Hey, you made it.” Dad says when I walk in.
“Yup, here I am.” I tell him. This is not where I want to be right now.
“Your sister does not give up.” He laughs and I look at her, trying to decide what to get.
“No, she doesn’t, but I guess that’s a good thing.” I say.
“I’ll take this one.” She says and takes a seat.
“Which one for you?” Some pieced guy asks my dad.
“This one right here.” He points in the book without even looking and walks over to the table.
“And you?”
“Oh, no, I’m just here with them. I’m not getting one.”
“Come on, Cam, just one.” Anna says.
“No, you’re not getting your way this time. I came down here with you and that is all you’re getting from me.” I tell her and she rolls her eyes.
“Let him be, Anna.” Dad tells her and she sticks her tongue out at me and then winces when the needle hits. Definitely not getting one.
“Are you sure, Cam?” Anna asks and I look at her.
“Dad, if I pass out, make sure she doesn’t get me tattooed up.” I say.
“I’ll try to stop her before it gets too far.” I walk to the front and sit down to wait for them. I grab a magazine and flip through.
“Are you waiting for something?” The lady at the desk asks me.
“Just my dad and sister.”
“We could get you in for a piercing or tattoo if you want.” She pops her gum.
“No, thank you.” I have an image to try and keep up.
“If you change your mind, just ask. We’re open most of the day.” She smiles and goes back to whatever she was doing.
“Are you absolutely positive?” I hear one girl ask.
“Yes, I am. I’ve wanted this for a year.” The other girl answers.
“Fine, but we could run and never turn back.” I see the girl’s brown hair.
“Beach after this?” Her friend asks. She must be getting something pierced. I really hope it’s just her ears.
“Yeah, okay.” The brown haired girl says.
“No, you don’t want to get this in water unless you’re cleaning it.” The girl is instructed.
“What? That ruins, like, half our plans!”
“Should have thought first.” He tells her.
“We’re still lying on the beach.” The girl about to be pierced says.
“Alright, this might hurt. The nose is sensitive.” A nose piercing? Who gets those?
“Gross!” The brown haired girl turns away, but I can’t see her face. The guy walks out of the room and nods at me.
“Girls.” He rolls his eyes.
“Oh, my gosh, is that Cameron?” I can finally see them. Wait, I know them.
“Go ask.” The friend says. She gets up and walks over.