Perfectly Different

It's A Boy!

Courtney’s POV:
“Cameron, come on!” I yell from the front door. He runs down the stairs and I run out to the car.
“I can’t believe this, Courtney. Can I be honest?” He asks and I laugh.
“Sure.” I say.
“I’m hoping it’s a boy.” He tells me and I roll my eyes. What a typical answer coming from him.
“Me, too. I want a boy, then a girl, and another boy after that.”
“You really do have all of this planned out.” He looks at me and I raise an eyebrow.
“Of course I do. It is me, Cam. I’ve had this planned out since high school.” He should not be surprised I’ve done all of this. He pulls in to the hospital and I run inside.
“Mrs. Quiseng, nice to see you again.”
“Hey, Ann.” I smile at the nurse as she calls back to say I’m here.
“Cameron.” She nods to him. He hasn’t missed an appointment yet and I hope it stays that way, but I know it may not.
“Hi.” He grabs a magazine. “Hey, Court, what do you think of this crib?” He shows me the picture.
“I like that. It turns in to a regular bed once they’re old enough. Can we afford it?” I ask him.
“Of course we can!”
“No, we are sticking to the budget. Any extra money is good because then we can send this kid off to college.” I get a kick in the ribs when I say that. I must have taken a quick breath.
“You okay?” Cameron asks me.
“Yeah, just got kicked.” This little one is going crazy.
“Quiseng.” A nurse calls and we stand. We head back to the room. Cameron grabs my hand and we look at the screen.
“This is it.” Cameron whispers.
“Oh, you just got kicked.” The nurse says and I laugh.
“Yeah, the baby’s been going for about ten minutes.” I tell her and she laughs.
“It only gets worse from here. Well, your baby is looking well and things are forming just like they should be. Would you like to know the sex?” She asks. Cameron squeezes my hand.
“We would.” He answers.
“Congratulations, it is a little boy.” I can’t stop smiling.
“Jake Alexander?” I ask Cameron and he rolls his eyes.
“Sure, why not.”
“Thank you, Cam.” I look at Jake all curled up except for one little foot that can’t stop moving. Cameron puts his hand on my stomach and it stops.
“Oh no, he’s going to be daddy’s little boy.” Cam says, laughing.
“No, you get daddy’s princess, let me have one.”
“We don’t even know if we’ll have a girl.” He laughs.
“But that would ruin my plans if we don’t.” I say and the nurse leaves. Cameron walks me to the car and I look at him.
“Court, what’s wrong?” He asks me.
“We will have more kids, right?” I ask him and he looks me in the eyes.
“Absolutely. We both love kids, so it would be crazy not to have a lot. But no more than five.” He tells me.
“I don’t want to pass four.” I say. He laughs and we drive to tell his family.