Perfectly Different

Family

Courtney’s POV:
“Last show, guys. Go kill it.” I kiss Cameron one more time before he runs on stage. They made the last show in San Diego so we’ll already be home. November 20th and I’m ready for them to be done.
“Do you want to sit?” Melody asks me.
“No, thanks. I want to see them do their last show for the year.” I say and Jordan pulls up a chair.
“Then at least sit right here.”
“Fine.” I say.
“Thank you.” They both say. I work my way in to the chair. I scream as if I was standing. There are two more songs left when I feel it.
“If Cameron asks, tell him I went to the hospital.”
“Court, is it time?” Melody asks me and I nod.
“Do you want us to drive you?” Jordan is digging for keys.
“No, I can walk. The hospital isn’t ten minutes away. Just tell Cam to meet me after the show and meeting fans. Then tell him to call our parents. See ya in a few hours.” I fight the contraction and walk to the hospital.
“Courtney.” The nurse says when I walk in.
“My water just broke a few minutes ago.” I say like it’s no big deal. The nurse grabs a wheel chair for me and I sit.
“Is Cameron behind?” She asks.
“No, he’s finishing his last show. Oh, ow!” I yell and she takes my hand. I squeeze and try to breathe. Another nurse wheels me to a room and they start getting me ready.
“Okay, you’re going to relax and we’ll get your doctor in here.”
“Nothing happens til Cam gets here. And really, you want me to relax? That is not happening.” They start monitoring my contractions and around one in the morning Cameron runs in.
“Melody said it was time! You could have stopped the show!” He’s freaking out and I would laugh if it didn’t hurt so badly.
“I wouldn’t do that. I knew you would make it.” He trades places with a nurse and takes my hand.
“Are you ready?” He asks me.
“Ready or not here he comes.” I say and Cameron kisses my cheek.
“That is true.”
“We need you to push, Courtney.” My doctor tells me. Finally, around ten that night, I’m holding Jake in my arms.
“Look at him, Cam.”
“Was he worth the 24 hours?” Cameron asks and I look at Jake’s green eyes.
“Definitely. He looks like you.”
“But he has Fuller genes.” Cam tells me and I smile.
“Poor kid.”
“Why? It’s not wrong to have the most attractive face in the world.” I giggle.
“Don’t make things up, Cam.” Jake gurgles. “Exactly.” I say.
“Let me see him!” Anna yells running into the room.
“He’s my nephew, too.” Bridget says. She’ll be 20 in a few months and no one accepts it yet.
“But he is my grandson.” Cameron’s mom says.
“Mine, too.” Cameron’s dad says.
“And ours.” My parents stand in the doorway.
“But he’s my son and Cameron’s son, so you can only look.”
“No more people in that room.” A nurse says, but Melody, Jordan, Zach, and Michael run in. Brent follows them soon after.
“Mrs. Quiseng, do you mind?” A nurse asks.
“We are all family.” I say and smile. I love this family.