Perfectly Different

Death

Courtney’s POV:
“Uhm, are you Cameron Quiseng? From The Tragic Thrills?” I ask him and he puts the magazine down. I would recognize those green eyes anywhere.
“Yes, I am.” He smiles and I do, too.
“Ow.” My hand flies up to my nose. I can’t believe I just got it pierced.
“So, uh, you got a nose ring.” He says. Oh, God, he hates it. Wait a second.
“Why are you here? This is the last place I would expect you to be. Maybe you guys really did change.” I laugh and he does, too.
“No, not that much. I’m here with my dad and sister; they’re getting tattoos.”
“Oh, cool.” I say and Melody walks up near us.
“Hey, Cameron.”
“Dude, don’t act like that.” I tell her and Cameron laughs.
“It’s fine.” He tells me. There is no way he likes me right now. There’s no way I like him; I’m with Cory.
“Cam, we’re going home. You coming?”
“You’re Anna.” I’m freaking out right now. This is my sister in law. No, no, I have Cory.
“You would find a fan.” She laughs, pays, and then leaves. Cameron looks at me.
“Do you girls want to come over to my place for a while?” Cameron asks and I think I’m going to pass out.
“We would love to, but we’re only here for the week. We have some sightseeing to do.” Melody tells him.
“I could take you by the beach. I heard you talking about it.” Cameron suggests.
“Mel, can I talk to you a sec?” I pull her aside and smile at Cameron.
“Court, you have Cory waiting for you at home. Do not go hooking up with Cameron!”
“Hey, I wouldn’t hook up with him! We just met.” I tell her.
“Fine, but you so owe me.” I know what she means.
“Alright, we would love to have you as a tour guide. Oh, hey, Zach would be an awesome tour guide, too.” I smile and Cameron laughs.
“I’ll call him and see if he’s free.” I look at Mel and she’s grinning.
“Well?” I ask when Cameron hangs up.
“He’ll meet us there. Do you need a ride or do you have a way to get there?” Cameron asks. I look at Melody and she smiles.
“No, she needs a ride.” Mel runs out and I follow Cam outside. I look for his car, but I don’t see one. He hands me a helmet when we get to a motorcycle.
“Oh, do you know who owns this? I mean, I’m assuming you aren’t stealing a random one.” He looks at me.
“This is mine.” He tells me.
“Oh.” I take the helmet and stare at it.
“You have to get on.” He tells me. This is not my style.
“Where do I put my purse?” I ask him and he laughs.
“Hold on tight.” He says and takes off. I grab his waist and I’m about to die. Right here on the back of Cameron Quiseng’s motorcycle. We get to the beach and Mel looks at me.
“I didn’t die.” I let out my breath.
“Congratulations.” He tells me.
“Uhm, you do have a car right?” I ask and he laughs.
“Yeah, I do, just don’t use it much.” Oh boy, this will be interesting.