Perfectly Different

The Fight

Courtney’s POV:
“Hey, Court.” Cameron kisses me when I answer the door. I start classes next week and I am so not ready for this.
“Cam, hey.”
“Are you ready for this lovely day?” He asks me. He’s taking me back to the spot we first met, okay the spot he took me after the place we first met.
“You bet I am.” I run to my room and turn off my music.
“What were you listening to?” He asks me.
“Nothing, Cameron, don’t worry about it.” I say and he looks at me. He reaches for my iPod and I throw it to Jordan.
“Court, what song was playing?” He asks me.
“You wanna know? I was listening to an Allstar Weekend song. Yeah, that’s right, I can’t throw out the memories and you can’t ask me to!”
“It’s been a few years, Courtney, get over it!” He yells back.
“Screw you, Cameron!”
“I’m leaving.” Jordan shuts the door and I hear her run down the hall.
“You could have just told me what it was and I wouldn’t have cared.” Cameron is calmer now, but I’m still mad.
“No, maybe not, but you should never have asked us to throw everything away and move on with our lives!”
“Are you really still upset about it? That’s not even what we meant.” He says.
“Yeah, so sue me for it! And that’s how I took it so eff off!”
“Court, calm down.”
“Don’t tell me to calm down!” I yell at him. He’s getting mad again and this is exactly what I want; some emotion.
“Grow up, Courtney Fuller. It happened and everyone’s still alive, aren’t they?” He asks me.
“As far as you know!”
"You just said as twice. Maybe you aren’t as OCD as you thought.” He says and it stings.
“I hate you!”
“Good!” He yells at me. My jaw drops and I stare at him.
“You’re an ass, Cameron.” I grab my bag.
“Wait, Court, I’m sorry.” He says and I turn around to stare at him.
“Don’t talk to me and don’t follow me. I need to cool down and you’re not gonna help!” I can’t believe he used that against me.
“Please, can we talk it out? I shouldn’t have said that.”
“No, you shouldn’t have.” I slam the door behind me and he runs out after me.
“Don’t walk away.” He begs me.
“I am walking away and you can’t stop me. Just like you can’t stop me from forgetting all the things you’ve done for me!”
“Like what, Courtney?” He asks me.
“Nothing. Just forget I said anything.”
“Not a chance.”
“Well you should because it’s better for all of us if you do.” I’m so close to tears, but I will not cry yet.
“Please talk to me.” I can’t believe he’s trying to reason with me right now. I’m so mad I might say something neither of us want to hear.
“I said not to follow me.” I don’t look back; just walk out of the building. I get in my car and don’t hear anything until the horn and tires screeching. Then it all goes black.