Status: Paused

Contagious Chemistry

1.

Oliver´s POV.

Flowers always fascinated me.
When i was a little kid, i used to go crazy when my mother told me we were going to the flower shop. When we were at the shop i´d jump around and smell every flower that was in my way. I wanted to buy them all and put them in my room. I don't know why, but whenever i feel sad or down the smell of flowers would make everything better. Flowers are nice presents and also beautiful decorations and they even have some special meanings. I love every type of flowers... Roses, Sweet Peas, Daisies...
So if i was always all happy when i went with my mother to the flower shop, you could already imagine me screaming from excitement, when i got my own flower shop at age 19. It was a small, cute shop called "Hibiscus". It had only indoor flowers and no outdoor plants but i was more than satisfied with my shop. I worked everyday, even on Sundays from 8:00 a.m. until 18:00 p.m.
I wanted to spend as much time as possible in my shop around all these flowers. They always made me feel better, no matter how sad or angry i was.
My apartment also had lots of flowers in it. In the bedroom, the kitchen, the living room and even in the bathroom were some flowers.
For some people i sure as hell looked really strange. A guy with tattoos all over his arms and even some on his neck, the kind of guy that society would probably describe as "emo" working at a flower shop. Not to mention that i was actually gay.
But the people here were usually really nice to me. Probably because most of them knew me and i knew them too.

It was a sunny Saturday morning, around 9:00 a.m. and i was sitting in my chair behind my desk, reading a book my brother Tom gave me for my birthday, when i heard the bell ring. I looked up and saw an unfamiliar face looking through the shop. I've never seen this guy here, but he actually looked pretty cute. He had messy brown hair and looked pretty unsure.
I placed my bookmark in my book, closed it and stood up.
"Hey, can i help you?" i asked the stranger and smiled at him. He looked up with a little smile playing on his lips. He looked me directly in the eyes and I swear i absolutely lost myself in his amazing blue eyes. Like, holy shit. "Yeah, i was wondering... Uhm, do you sell Sweet Peas?"
Well, that kinda surprised me.
"Sweet Peas?"
"Um, yeah... Why, what's wrong?" he also seemed surprised, probably because of my reaction.
"Oh, nothing, it's just everybody that walks in here always asks me if i sell roses and yeah, you're actually the only one that didn't ask for roses so i was just kinda surprised, sorry if that seemed weird", i laughed a little bit.
He smiled and replied simply: "Yeah, i hate roses."
Oh. Well, i wasn't expecting that. I mean what kind of person hates roses.?
"Uhm, why? If i may ask." I was getting curious. This guy was almost as fascinating as the flowers.
"Well, my ex gave me roses when he broke up with me ", he replied simply as if it was the most normal thing ever.
Okay, i was confused. Like, really confused. First of all, who would give anybody roses while breaking up with them? And second of all... Did he just say HE? Did he have a boyfriend? Or ex-boyfriend, whatever.
I really wanted to ask him but that would probably be really strange. I'm sure it was just a mistake. He was way too good-looking to be gay or bisexual.
"Oh. Shit, i´m sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable", i said and looked down. Just great.
"No, it´s fine, really", he replied, smiling at me. "So do you have any Sweet Peas?"
"Oh, yeah of course, sorry. They're right here", i said, pointing to my left.
"Thanks", he said and smiled at me before walking over to the Sweet Peas and picking out a white one.
After he paid, he grabbed his flower and smiled at me one last time saying goodbye and walking out of the shop.
I collapsed into my chair, sighing. Who was this guy? I never saw him here, he must be new. I wanted to know more about him. He seemed interesting.
Suddenly the bell rang and i saw a familiar face coming in.
"Oli, hey", he greeted me.
"Hey Matt. What are you doing here?", i asked, chewing on the inside of my cheek.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go grab a coffee with me", he replied. "We barely hang out anymore and i miss the old times."
"Matt. It´s only been a week. Or two. Anyways, i have to stay here. It's my shop after all i have to take care of it", i said, giving him an apologizing look.
Matt threw his head back and groaned in disappointment. "Oh, come ooon! Ookay, you know what, i´m just gonna buy us a coffee and we can drink it here, see you in three minutes", he said and stormed out of the shop, before I could protest. I shook my head and laughed a little bit. I turned on the radio to see what was playing. Music was also an important thing in my life.
Billy Talent's "Fallen Leaves" was on and i leaned back in my chair, closing my eyes.

A few minutes later the bell rang again and Matt stood in front of me with two coffees in his hands.
"Here's your coffee, mate", Matt said and handed me my coffee while he sat on my desk. I shot him a glare.
"Go grab a chair", i said and took a sip from the coffee, burning my fucking tongue and almost screaming, because holy fuck, that really hurt.
Matt laughed at me and replied with "There aren't any chairs here, only the one you're sitting on, smartass."
"Whatever", i replied.
"C'mon, let's do something fun, we never do anything together", he whined.
“Of course we do. We´re sitting in my shop, drinking coffee and arguing.”
“How do you manage to live such a boring life?”, he asked and took a sip from his coffee.
“It´s not that boring”, I replied simply, leaning back in my chair.
“Yeah it is. I mean the only things you do are getting up, dressing, going to work at this boring shop, going home, eating dinner and going to sleep. From what I know, that´s pretty much your daily routine.”
“No. I brush my teeth, too”, I replied, sending him a childish smile. He just rolled his eyes, chuckling. “You really don´t have a life, do you?”
“I do.”
“Don´t think so.”
“Blow me.”
“I´m not gay.”
“Who said you need to be gay to suck me off?”

Suddenly, the bell rang again. An old woman, probably in her 60s came in.
“Do you also sell red roses?”
Every fucking time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so what do you think so far? x: