Status: Paused

Contagious Chemistry

3.

Josh's POV

I was sitting on the couch in my apartment.
The Sweet Pea I bought yesterday was standing on a little coffee table in front of me. I stared at it. Then again, I thought of the guy who obviously worked at the flower shop. He seemed really nice. Also kinda cute.
No.
Not again, Josh. The same shit also happened with Dan. Well it wasn't exactly the same, but I also fell for him.
Hard.
Dan is my ex-boyfriend. He cheated on me with some guy he met at a party... I think his name was Max or something like that. After that, he apologized several times, but I knew he never really meant it. Then he finally gave up and told me he really did fall in love with that Max guy. He was actually a really nice guy and I never expected him to cheat on me and then actually chose the other guy. When he broke up with me and told me everything he even gave me roses as a excuse.
I mean, what the hell?
Since that happened I promised myself that I'd never fall in love again. I'm always the one who gets hurt and I'm really sick of it.
I sighed and stood up. I walked around in my apartment. Boxes were still standing everywhere, I just moved in last week.
I was completely new in this town and I didn't know anyone except for Austin.
Austin was my best friend, he helped me getting through a lot of shit.
And even though I was new, I already had a job. It was at a supermarket, nothing special. But today was Sunday. The supermarket was closed and I had absolutely nothing to do.
I sighed and walked over to the kitchen to turn on the radio. The Offspring's “Why Don't You Get A Job” was on.
God, I love that song! I started jumping around, trying not to break anything in the boxes and singing along. My dog Toboe was sitting on the couch, looking at me with wide eyes.
“My friend's got a girlfriend, man he hates that bitch. He tells me everyday,” I shouted. Toboe was starting to bark and I think he was singing with me.
I stopped and almost stumbled over my own feet when I heard someone knock violently on my door. I ran into the kitchen to turn out the radio and opened the door.
Oh shit.
Mrs. Jaramillo, my neighbor was standing in front of me. Her face was all red and I swear, if she'd have green hair, she'd totally look like a tomato. I had to bite my tongue, trying not to laugh.
“Young boy, can you keep it down in here?! I'm trying to read!” she hissed.
“Sorry,” I replied with a cheesy smile.
She glared at me and walked away and I swear I heard something like “Fucking stoner.” I closed the door and started to laugh, while Toboe looked at me with wide eyes which only made me laugh more.
After breakfast I decided to go to that flower shop again. I really wanted to buy another Sweet Pea. And maybe see that guy again.
No, Josh. Just no.
Well, at least I wanted to know his name. I didn't look at his name tag the last time, so this time I'll do it.
The shop was open until 6 p.m., but I'm not sure if it's open on Sundays. Let's give it a try, then.
I grabbed my keys and my phone. “Bye Toboe, I'll be back soon,” I said and closed the door behind me.

“Hey again,” I greeted the flower guy when I walked into the flower shop.
“Hey, I was actually just about to close the shop, but it's okay, take your time,” he said and smiled at me, waking over to me. That's when I realized he didn't wear any name tag.
Shit, he must have took it off. Whatever.
“I thought this shop was opened until 6 p.m.” I said and a purple Sweet Pea caught my eyes. I think I'm gonna take this one.
“Actually yeah, but nobody showed up today so I decided I would take the rest of the day off,” he replied.
I didn't answer, just picked out the purple Sweet Pea and looked him straight in the eyes. “I'll take this one.”
I just payed and walked out of the shop, holding the purple Sweet Pea in my hands, when I heard the guy's voice yell something. “Hey! Hey, by the way I know this sounds probably really strange but whatever, are you new here?”
I turned around, chuckling and yelled back “Yeah I am.”
“So, what's your name?” he asked shouting. I blushed a little at that, hoping he wouldn't see it.
“It's Josh,” I shouted and smiled at him before walking away.
I instantly regretted it. Shit I should have asked what his name was.

When I arrived at home, still thinking about the flower guy, I placed the purple Sweet Pea on the window board in my bedroom.
I heard my phone ring and picked up. It was Austin.
“Hey Aussie,” I said.
“Don't ever call me Aussie again I swear to god it sounds so cheesy, man.”
Well good morning to you too, Austin.
“What's up, mate?” I asked, sitting on my bed.
“I was wondering if you wanted to meet me at McDonald's... Pleeease, Josh, it's Sunday, you know what that means. I'm always grumpy on Sundays,” he whined.
That was true, Austin was never in a good mood on Sundays. And that's exactly why I didn't want to meet him.
“No.”
“Come oooooon!”
“No.”
“You can call me Aussie all the time.” I heard him coughing a little.
I groaned. “Ugh, fine. When?”
“Yay, I could kiss your feet right now!” Ew, no. “Right now, just wait for me at Mickey Dee's, i'll be there soon,” he said and hung up.
I sighed and walked over to Toboe.
“Seems like I'm gonna have to leave again, buddy,” I said and grabbed a jacket. “I'll be back soon, don't worry,” I said as I closed the door behind me and walked over to my car.
When I arrived at McDonald's I ordered some ice cream and a coke and sat down, waiting for Austin. I pulled my phone out and quickly texted him.
“Dude, where are you? I'm already at MickeyD's, hurry up.”
I shoved my phone back into my pocket and started eating my ice cream and started humming quietly to some random melody, when I heard someone shout something like “Dude, you just dropped your precious burger!” I giggled a little bit at that but continued to eat my ice cream, ignoring the voice.
“Aww, you're blushing!” I heard the voice again. I looked up to my right just to find the flower guy sitting there with some random dude. Probably his best friend, maybe even boyfriend. But I don't think so.
Why do I even care?
He turned his head and looked at me, his cheeks glowing in a light pink.
“Hey,” I greeted him and smiled at him. He blushed harder. No, I'm probably just imagining shit.
“Hey,” he said and smiled back before turning his head to his best friend again who started talking about a girl named Chloe or something like that.
Whatever.
“Hey, Josh,” I heard a known voice to my left. I looked up and saw Austin in a white tank top and some black skinnies standing there, smiling.
“Finally,” I replied as Austin sat next to me.
“So, do you have any plans for today?” Austin asked.
I shook my head. “No, but I'm bored as fuck.”
Austin laughed. “Yeah, me too. God, I hate Sundays.”
“What about your job? I thought “Vezuviu” is open on Sundays,” I said, shooting glances at the flower guy who seemed to be thinking about something. Austin worked at an Italian restaurant called “Vezuviu”. I visited him from time to time to see how he's doing. By the way, his pizzas were great.
“It is,” he replied.
My eyes widened. “Austin. Did you get fired?” I asked, almost shouting.
He laughed. “No, man, just got the day off, calm down.”
“Good.”
Suddenly Austin leaned over and whispered something. “Do you know that guy over there?” he asked, I think he was talking about the flower guy.
“Uhm, kind of. Why?”
“He keeps looking at you all the time,” Austin whispered, grinning.
“W-what?” I stuttered, and shit I think I was blushing. Why the hell was I blushing? Okay, Josh, just don't look at him, don't look at him. Don't. I think this is going way too far.
“Joshie, you're blushing, aww cutie patootie,” Austin joked in a squeaky teenage girl voice.
I glared at him. “Right, Aussie.”
Suddenly his jaw dropped and I laughed at him, it looked priceless.
“Okay, seriously, what are we gonna do? I'm really bored and I don't know if I'll survive this,” Austin said.
“Drama queen. What about going to your house and watch some horror movies?” I suggested.
“Yeah! Hey, have you ever seen “A Serbian Film” or “August Underground”?” Austin asked and stood up.
“Uhm... No, and I have a feeling that I don't even want to see them. Remember the last time when we watched “I Spit On Your Grave”? I had nightmares the whole week,” I replied and stood up grabbing my coke.
“That was nothing, trust me. It wasn't even scary. Just brutal. And that's what “A Serbian Film” and “August Underground” are about. Tho' the last one is more psycho,” Austin grinned and grabbed my arm. “Come on.”
I sighed while Austin pulled me out of McDonald's.
“Ugh, fine.”