Chasing Rainbows

That akward moment when there is no candy

I had been going to the library everyday for the past three weeks. I hated it. I used to love going to the library but now every time I go it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest.

The best part of my day was when I was walking home. I put my headphones in and started blaring Chasing Rainbows by Bring Me the Horizon. I started tapping out the rhythm with my fingers. I put my hands in my pocket and started nodding my head in time with the beat. It kept me calm most of the way home until a van pulled up beside me and stopped. I started walking faster and tried my best to keep my calm and not run. I started up again and slowly drove along side me. my heart was going a million miles and hour. I turned my music up louder and started walking faster but when I saw a door open I broke into a sprint.

Fuck staying calm and fuck logic. I am not going to stick around to see what happens after the person comes out of the van with no freaking windows.

Arms wrapped around my middle and forced me to a stop. I was freaking out so bad that I just dropped to the ground pulling my assailant down with me. I curled up in a ball and started hyperventilating. Fingers pulled the headphones out of my ear and I couldn’t hear Bring Me the Horizon anymore and I felt oddly alone and even more terrified.

“Eh no reason to be scared little girl.” a soft voice said and a big hand patted my back. The arms weren’t around me anymore and he was just sitting next to me. I flinched away from him but was to petrified to try and run.

“You scared the living hell out of the poor bird.” A voice said and I heard footsteps approaching. I just shrank in on myself and started rocking back and forth. “Anna don’t be scared dollface.”

“Christian what scared her was your driving.” The guy next to me huffed. Two hands placed themselves on my shoulders and I peeked up at the two people who had chased me.

“Hey Annalee.” My old friend Christian murmured and petted my hair back from my face. I looked to the side and saw my other friend Dante.

“You guys almost killed me! I was so scared and I-I-I… I could kill you.” I growled.

“Well what about us Anna?!” Dante asked. “You just fucking disappeared out of nowhere! How-what were we supposed to think about the situation?!”

“Dante calm down.” Chris said softly. “We already know why she disappeared.”

“And why is that?” I asked.

“You aren’t on your meds anymore and you are scared out of your mind.” He murmured and kissed my forehead. “Your mom told me that you would be around here somewhere. She needs you home you have visitors.”

“I don’t want to see Savanna.”

“I don’t either. However you were friends with that pretentious bitch I dunno.” Dante huffed. “Why wouldn’t you tell us?”

“Because I was afraid that you wouldn’t like me anymore.” I whispered and pulled my knees to my chest. “I figured it would just be easier if you never saw me again. I didn’t leave my house for an entire month. I only started coming out because she threatened to send me to Cinapaw.”

“We’re just happy to have you back.” Dante said and stood up. he helped me up and ruffled my hair. “Sorry we scared you so bad.” He said and hugged me. He looked exactly the same as he did the last time I saw him. skater shoes, skinny jeans, band tee, eyeliner, thick shaggy black hair and grey eyes that lit up when he was around his twin brother. Yep Christian and Dante were twins but you would never be able to tell unless they told you. Christian had blond hair and dark blue eye and he was tall and elegantly thin while Dante was short and muscular.

“Done staring?” Christian chuckled.

“I’m sorry I just missed you guys.” I said and shook my head clear.

“Awe… we missed you too.” He cooed and put his arm around my shoulders. “Now I am assuming that you wont get into the van because there is no candy and you will want to walk the rest of the way home.”

“You are a hundred percent right.” I said and nodded my head. “Dude you need to get a new ride.”

“We did.” Dante said and put his arm around my waist as we started walking in the direction of my home. “It is a little beater but it runs. That is our aunt’s van for her business… she is a plumber… remember?”

“Of course I remember Aunt Lucy.”

“Why do you have visitors if you never see anyone?” Christian asked and changed the subject.

“I don’t know. I didn’t… until I saw you guys I didn’t think that I wanted to see anyone.” I said and then smiled. “And now I am wondering how in the hell I made it as long as I did without seeing my two crazy ass best friends.”

“I was wondering that as well.”

“Here we are.” Dante said and opened the gate for me and Christian. We raced up to the door and then piled through. Christian accidentally tripped Dante who was in front of us and we all landed in a pile inside the door.